Who has a Greater Naval Force, The North or the South?

Winterfell Resident

As far as I know the Rewyne fleet is only matched by the Iron fleet. The Manderlys are building a fleet but I doubt it's even close to the size of the Redwyne fleet. I really don't believe there's much info on the exact size of the Manderly fleet though.

Before the Wot5K, there were three fleets of about equal power: Royal Fleet, Redwyne Fleet and Iron Fleet, with the ordinary Ironborn could make up a fourth one, though not with the same discipline and lacking true warships. Everything else was negligible.

Now, the Royal Fleet was destroyed, the Iron Fleet decimated and the Redwyne Fleet and the ordinary Ironborn are going to engage in all-out war soon. And Manderly built a fleet that would have about 50% the power of the fleets above. If he had experienced sailors to crew them. But he hasn't.

So, despite heaviest losses, the South is still ahead by far.

how could the North dominate in this sphere?

Well, they are the ones with the gigantic forests that they conveniently choose not to use, because some bloke called Brandon burnt some ships several thousand years earlier.

(Manderley's navy is also a gigantic plot hole, seeing as it could have been used to ferry Robb and company back to the North wiithout having to go via the Twins. The navy, like the clansmen, are a quite annoying case of Martin putting his finger on the scales).

To whom will the Redwynes give the allegiance? When Cersei was taken into custody by the High Sparrow, the Redwyne Fleet disappeared.

Well it depends on if they are loyal to Mace. If they are they will either stay with Tommen or declare for Aegon

I think the Redwyne fleet will face the IB soon enough

Archived