Why would Harry the heir marry a bastard?

RK Rajagopal

People always overthink Harry - Sansa. Her marriage to Tyrion will not hold up, septas can confirm the lack of consummation.

It also doesn't really matter whether Harry falls for her. He will marry who he is told to marry and do it with a smile. LF asking Sansa to "convince" Harry is more for her benefit after the KL ordeal. There is no real choice for either.

I have a feeling Lady Waynwood will regale Harry with vague statements like "there is more to Alayne than meets the eye" or some such. And it is my opinion that Sansa uses this marriage to turn the tables on LF. He sees her as a protege but also a pretty bird in his own style of cage. Thusly Sansa becomes LF's blind spot. He thinks he owns her but once the cat is out of the bag she becomes one of the most powerful people by bloodline/marriage in Westeros and there is no shortage of grievances to motivate lords to her side.

One other opinion: LF isn't looking to marry Sansa. He gets joy from twisting her into another version of himself. This is his vengeance on both Tully and Stark.

But there's more to getting an annulment than just having lack of consummation confirmed. Either the bride or the groom must petition the Faith for the annulment (which means coming out of hiding for either Tyrion--not happening, or Sansa--also not happening). Then the matter is decided either by the High Septon himself (who is in KL, and must be approached there) or a council of the Faith. We have zero details on what it takes for a council of the Faith, but there's no way Sansa is going to the High Sparrow for an annulment while she's wanted for regicide--a regicide for which her "husband" was convicted.

I think LF is looking to marry Sansa off, but...not to Harry. He's aiming higher. Either he knows about Aegon, or he has a plan to get Robert's bastards legitimized. LF wants to be the power behind the IT without actually sitting on it himself.

The thing about Robin not being in power doesn't matter as LF power flows from Robin. To remove LF from power on must remove this powerbase Robin. Was the intrigue of the conversation between the LDs of the Vale and LF lost on everyone?

LF said he's in power because he's the boys stepfather and because Lysa made him Lord protector. So long as Robin is found fit to inherit his fathers LP spot he he's LFs allowance for power. Robin doesnt have to die nor do I really seemLF wanting the boy to die.

I don't think it was a throw away comment that Sense thinks about Robin and madness. He's hearing singing no one else hears, won't let anyone cut his hair, falls into his fits when approached with scissors to cut his hair.

Its strange that Myranda Royce made the trip all the way up the mountain. While part of it was to meet Sansa and prove she's reallyna stark. The other half of the equation is that she wanted to keep an eye on her lord.

Down the mountain Robin will be under the eye of the pppl of the Vale. He's no longer in isolation. There is to be a welcoming feast which would be the perfect time to trot out a singer to make the boy shake.

So if Grin Royce doesn't have have plans for HTH why hold a merlee especially for him to be knighted if there wasn't plans to remove Robin from the succession.

LF also told the Lords that he had the backing of the crown. What happened to those men that gathered at the base of the mountain? Did they really return home? Or did they have another destination in mind?

What about the pirate lord of the sisterton? Why was he so interested in the activity of the Merman's court or the Lynessi pirate? Or Patchfaces prophecy on the Wall, mkst having to deal with Vale, Tridnent and Rock. Go reread his prophecy when at the wedding of Karstark or when Jon is talking about the ranging. He's seeing banners and sigils.

The LDs needed that year just as much as LF needed that proposed year.

Why wouldn't he hold a melee for squires? There doesn't have to be a secret reason. It oesn't mean he's trying to disinherit Jon Arryns son.

We've discussed that part before too. The sistermen hate the Starks and the Starks don't have the strength to force the Vale to give them up right now.

Why wouldn't he hold a melee for squires? There doesn't have to be a secret reason. It oesn't mean he's trying to disinherit Jon Arryns son.

We've discussed that part before too. The sistermen hate the Starks and the Starks don't have the strength to force the Vale to give them up right now.

Yeah we have and how many times must I tell you that you are being narrow minded and obtuse?

As twisty and intrigue centric as this book is, it surprises me when ppl forget that what is on the surface is only part of the equation. That these books are like moving pieces on a chessboard where alliances and allies change with the wind. Its not always simple or easy but at least be open minded about the facts or pieces of evidence provided.

Question then how do your take the conversation in the Sistertons? Or Patchfaces prophecy? Seeing as he correctly saw the red wedding an their venture north. Why couldnt he be right bout this?

House Velyron does have ties to house Stark or did you miss the part where Sea Snakes flagship was named Ice Wolf? Crega Stark provided the means of his release after the dance. He traveled North to see what was in the far north. Now one of his descendant is in the Stepstones, but is he a pirate or building a fleet?

It will be revealed that Petyr's bastard is Sansa. With the downfall of the Lannisters pretty much complete, LF doesn't need to worry about any retribution for hiding her away, so can reveal her true identity.

Exactly right. He has a Grey bride's cloak. After it is safe to announce Sansa's true identity, he will.

Yeah we have and how many times must I tell you that you are being narrow minded and obtuse?

As twisty and intrigue centric as this book is, it surprises me when ppl forget that what is on the surface is only part of the equation. That these books are like moving pieces on a chessboard where alliances and allies change with the wind. Its not always simple or easy but at least be open minded about the facts or pieces of evidence provided.

Question then how do your take the conversation in the Sistertons? Or Patchfaces prophecy? Seeing as he correctly saw the red wedding an their venture north. Why couldnt he be right bout this?

House Velyron does have ties to house Stark or did you miss the part where Sea Snakes flagship was named Ice Wolf? Crega Stark provided the means of his release after the dance. He traveled North to see what was in the far north. Now one of his descendant is in the Stepstones, but is he a pirate or building a fleet?

Yes, there's a lot of intrigue in these books, but that doesn't mean logic is thrown to the wind. Yohn Royce is an honorable man. He won't be hoping for the death of Jon Arryns son. The Sistermen hate the North and even if they didn't, the North lacks the strength to force the Vale to give them up.

I am using logic.

1) did PFs prophecy about the Red Wedding come true? Yes or No?

2) did PF not foresee Stannis and his party going to the Wall? Yes or No

So by using this logic that a)PF like Mel at the Wall is stronger and his foresight strengthened? b) is it not interesting or peculiar that PF makes a prophetic comment during a Wedding of political significant importance to the NW, Stannis and his plans to incorapate the Wildlings this south of the Wall, and the Political scheme of the North. As wildling in this massive gathering have never be this ide of the wall unless they were coming as an army. This time however they come invited by the very man sworn to keep them out. Not to mention that with this marriage the Thenns are now apart of the Westeros society. So if this marriage was the precursor or signal that things are about to change in the not only make up of power in the North but for Westeris as a whole.

So your tying to tell me there is nothing of importance when he makes mention of Vale sigils Five Starfish when talking of feasting on Starfish Soup, or a starfish like purple and white burst as a sigils of the very man that holds Jeyne Westerling and Edmure Tully.

That when Davis goes to the Merman's court and tells the reader that the court looks like scenes from the bottom of the sea, and then PF mentions under the sea all the serving men are Crabs, so come one let's use logic in the Chapter where Davis is in the company of Borrell he points out his sigil,talks about the goings on in the Merman's court and then Davos gives a description of the court looking like being under the sea! Stop being obtuse. In two chapters later.

Then when JS is telling the Queen he's inviting the Widlings this isde if the wall and going on a ranging, he makes another prophecy. This time he mentions Seashell harolding their coming, house We sterling anyone? That they will ride in on sea horses house Velyron and something again about mermaids, which if one look at the banner of overlord of the three sisters its three women's heads floating on a sea of blue green.

How do you explain it ? You have an iniate way of knocking others ideas but never have proof to why there is an alterative or where you seem to differ. I ask for an explaination of why and how your explain PFs visions and you have yet to give your own thoughts beyond I'm wrong.

So how do you explain Sansa and her thoughts about the Vale in the winter is a place of Dragons and griffons.

What about Sansa marriage to Tyrion a friend of JSnows? If the Trident lords, combined with those 6,000 Vale men at arms, Sistertons ships, Borrells concern over theLyennis pirate, whom more than likely will cross paths with a certain bastard of Driftmark. Nor do we know what the intentions of this lord of the waters is, but he's set up to be albe to attack Lannisport if they so choose. Along with the brotherhood and a certain wedding looming in the future. A promise that we will get aPOV from Casterly Rock and JW is suppose to be in the prologue. If the West falls then this marriage is double important because if Tyron was ever to get a child on Sansa that huld could claim Casterly Rock and Sansa can rule though said child. Did you really think Tyrion comment to Bronns about killing babes at the breast was a throw away comment? I think not as Tyrion would be in the same position as Edmure Tully and Alys Karstark.

That's what I call a logical and though out proposal of how the books could shape up given the information we have. And as we have had this agrument several times and your still not bending I'm going to take that if it does come to pass, your guaranteed at least one huge I was right!!!!

Also take into account what the fat man told Tyrion about the road to Casterly Rock did not lie with Marcella in Dorne(or now that Dorne is team Aegon thanks in part to Tyrion and Rhegal burning Quentin alive and Drinkwater going home and telling For an or Adrianne that Whent died thanks to Dany. Red what he told Selmy before they relaese them, he his pissed and blamed the death of his prince on Dany! Adrianne already is uneasy about an alliance with Dany because of the stories drifting West about the manner of her brothers death. Adrianne already thinks she's semi kinslayer. Jon snow feels the same way about Florent.

Nor did Casterly Rock await him on the Wall with his one time friend Jon Snow. He tells Tyrion that Casterly Rocknlay in reach thru Dany. Now Tyrion is in Meereen but Dany is far away. Not to mention that she more than likely is going to spend the majority of this next book sitting with the Dothraki. Meereen is poised to fall. There is Vic, and the Volantis fleet just waiting to turn their cloak and fight for the dragon. Vics Red priest tells him that his dragon awaited him in Meeren, now I personally, think Tyrion is a bastard Dragon. Notice the priest said your dragon but makes no mention of which dragon he's talking about. Not to mention we know by the time of this vision that Dany is already taken her flight with Dragon so she's not in Meeren.

Go back to the first book when Jon makes the choice to stay on the Wall after his midnight ride. He asks the gods to forgive him and hoped that Ned, Robb, Ayra and Bran didn't see it as betrayal. Yet the interesting thing is he makes no mention of Sansa or Rickon and in light of Robb's will that disinherits Sansa and places him ahead of Rickon. I might be interesting if Jon does take Robb up on WF, he would be betraying Sansa and Rickon. Keeping her wed to the imp for the good of the realm and bringing Casterly rock into the fold isnt that high of a price to pay.

Another interesting fact, borrell makes mention that on the Sistertons of old they would not let dwarfs live. Yet in the first book Tyr8n vows to turn the Vale into a smoking waste. Did you know that Henry Tudor VII, in order for the welsh to support his claim he made promises to restore some of their older laws and principalities and grand them a certain autonomy from the crown. Some of Tyrion biggest foes are in the Vale right now. Sweet Robin whom wanted to throw him from the moon door, LF whom used him to start the entire war and then set him up to take the fall for Jofferys death. While his sweet and virgin bride left him to have his head removed.

Also there is one in Tyrion Party that can connect the dots between LF, Vàrys and the Fat Man.... The Tattered Prince.

Littlefinger is lying and Sansa knows it. The whole chapter is her learning how to read littlefinger and his lies and arbor gold.

This is what I think too. I remember in ASoS, Lysa tells Sansa, "The Lord of the Eyrie could scarcely be thought to have married a bastard, that would not be fitting." If Harry the Heir would agree to marry Alayne publicly it would be because he already knew who she is. And Sansa knows this. So, I agree that the chapter is less about Sansa's marriage prospects and more about LF's manipulations/lies.

Archived