Are you a Male Sansa fan? Please come and tell me why? and is your a female fan also come share the love.

The Weirwoods Eyes

This may show her growth, at the time of the Tyrells she was still in the white Knight save me mode, by the time she sees Royce she has already admonished LF for lying to her, picked up on Cobry working for LF and with what she has learned she learned she can't just openly trust anyone any longer; and when she saw Royce she is surrounded by LF and his henchmen.

There is more then enough history in past and present of people kidnapped who when given chances to escape don't due to fear of not knowing or if the opportunity did arise could put them in position of getting caught again and being killed.

They eventually do, ( Ducar, ladies in Chicago ) but it will take some maturity or a sense of more danger either for them or someone else they may care about to give them that push.

Let's also remember Sansa is 13, the has no modern knowledge like we bring are children up with in how to avoid these situation, and even when our kids are given all this info ( adults also ) they still fall into these traps, just check your local TV shows.

I'm not criticizing her for who she is. Nor for not even making an attempt. My biggest beef is that she never even really thinks "how can I find a way out?" I feel bad for her, but I can't get behind her.

If she was a real person I would be sympathetic to her situation (and I do feel bad for her). But as a character, I root for her to do well, but she's just not exciting to me.

You are not allowed to cricitize Sansa on this board in any form without impunity.

If by "with impunity" you mean "freedom from having other people disagree with your opinions on an online message board", then you could probably say that about anyone. You could post pretty much any opinion on any character in this forum and you would have people who disagree with you. That's why it's a message board and not a diary.

I'm a female Sansa fan and she's one of my favorite characters. She's learning from the best "game player" and is his weakness/will cause his downfall. I'm TEAM LEMONCAKE all the way :). I didn't like her in AGoT and in S1 of the show until she talks back at Joffrey when he makes her look at Ned's head, but she's grown and developed so much. AGoT Sansa is wayyyyyy different from the Sansa/Alayne we see at the end of AFFC. She's matured/grown up fast and as many posters have said, still maintains her femininity and shows that you don't need to be a kickass chick like Brienne/Asha/Arya to survive the series. All of those "courtesy is a woman's armor" lessons from Septa Mordane have paid off tremendously for Sansa. I'm rooting for her.

I'm not criticizing her for who she is. Nor for not even making an attempt. My biggest beef is that she never even really thinks "how can I find a way out?" I feel bad for her, but I can't get behind her.

If she was a real person I would be sympathetic to her situation (and I do feel bad for her). But as a character, I root for her to do well, but she's just not exciting to me.

Agreed. I'm a fan in the sense that I like her as a character...she's not one that can be legitimately hated. But, wishing well for and feeling protective of the character is different than admiring her. The latter IS hard to do for all of the reasons you've stated. We've yet to see her really claw and fight for life. So far she's just kinda folded and gone where she's been lead, in her desperation and helplessness.

Which is, of course, normal behavior from a child being held hostage under threat of violence. She's an especially non-willful, generally sweet-tempered girl who has been subject to physical and psychological abuse, so it is somewhat of an accomplishment that she hasn't gone all catatonic like Lollys. I suppose that's due in part to neglect...while she is occasionally beaten and humiliated when Joffrey gets a whim, she's also left alone a lot. She hasn't been raped or tortured to the point of breaking. She's kept fed and clean, and she's allowed some freedom of movement and association with others.

I guess that's the reason one has to wonder why, when it seems like she has time for wistfulness and day-dreaming, she doesn't feel compelled to even wonder about means of escape. She's just always waiting. Waiting for someone else to do something for her. So she doesn't even fathom the possibility of doing anything for herself. And it's like, c'mon girl! Take a risk! Your family is in shambles and you know it...you're quickly losing options, and pretty soon any power you had as a hostage will dissolve, and they'll have no more use for you. They'll do as they please. So get off your ass! At least think about it!

That's the kind of heroism and spirit the readers are waiting for. Instead we get more of her journey from one hostage situation to another, and the only thing that's changed about her perspective is that there are hints of greater cynicism and detachment. Whether that will lead to greater assertion on her part is not certain at this point. I want her to get sick of this shit and start at least probing to find the chink in her captor's armor. To at least think about it in those terms. To attempt to understand the scope of her limitations in any situation...the scope of her power. There's a reason she's not dead yet, and she needs to start finding out why and what the implications are for her.

And I don't think it's unrealistic to expect more from a POV character. Nor is it, I believe, necessarily unrealistic for a child to find clever ways of escape under duress. There are many cases IRL where children her age have escaped more gruesome captivity situations through willpower and cunning.

I just want her to start taking things into her own hands.

Like a lot of people, I couldn't stand Sansa in aGoT. The turning point was towards the end when Joff forces her to look at Ned's head ('maybe my brother will give me your head') and she starts to wisen up. But even then I was slightly put off by how little she seemed to think of or be concerned for Arya. Arya isn't a favourite of mine but still, that's her little sister. The age difference between me and my sister is about the same and like most sisters, we didn't always get along. But when the chips are down, you're always there for eachother and I found that difficult to get past.

However, she's now one of my favourite characters. Sansa has been through so much crap and I love that - despite everything - there still seems to be a core of goodness there. That's admirable. And she's toughening up, she's learning. It feels like a realistic progression. There's more to being awesome or a badass than being able to beat somebody in a physical fight or knowing the tricks to sneak in and slit their throat. She's taking a different route and I find it so intriguing. I've come to find her such a sympathetic character.

ETA: Female Sansa fan, by the way.

why would Sansa be a lesbian when she has shown to be attracted to several different men throughout the series? the girl likes em bad anyway, so even if she was a lesbian, she wouldn't go for brienne, brienne isnt good enough for sansa.

why would Sansa be a lesbian when she has shown to be attracted to several different men throughout the series? the girl likes em bad anyway, so even if she was a lesbian, she wouldn't go for brienne, brienne isnt good enough for sansa.

:o nooh don't be like that. Sansa deserves someone who is brave, gentle and strong. And Brienne is all of those three. Besides she could be bisexual.

:o nooh don't be like that. Sansa deserves someone who is brave, gentle and strong. And Brienne is all of those three. Besides she could be bisexual.

I know its hard, but you just have to accept it. Sansa is too good, for brienne! she doesnt want someone brave gentle and strong, she wants me I mean, she seems to want a certain type, and brienne in addition to being a girl, is not the type she likes.

smh

everyone's a little bit gay, ro ro. or more than a little bit, as in the case of stannis and davos.

anyway, brienne could be Sansa's true knight. Sansa likes the Hound and he's not exactly a looker; she liked Joffrey because she thought he was gallant and a Prince Charming. combine true knightly valor and unattractive looks, and you get brienne.

ps. you have no chance

I know its hard, but you just have to accept it. Sansa is too good, for brienne! she doesnt want someone brave gentle and strong, she wants me I mean, she seems to want a certain type, and brienne in addition to being a girl, is not the type she likes.

I want to respond to this but I'm terrified to disagree with you seeing that Knight of the GTL avatar.

smh

everyone's a little bit gay, ro ro. or more than a little bit, as in the case of stannis and davos.

anyway, brienne could be Sansa's true knight. Sansa likes the Hound and he's not exactly a looker; she liked Joffrey because she thought he was gallant and a Prince Charming. combine true knightly valor and unattractive looks, and you get brienne.

ps. you have no chance

Wait what? Who told you that? Everyone is most definitely not a little gay. As for Stannis and davos, can you cite some textual evidence for that one brah brah?

ps. More of a chance then you, since Sansa is straight as an arrow.

I want to respond to this but I'm terrified to disagree with you seeing that Knight of the GTL avatar.

lmao. "Knight of the gtl?" thanks for the new title.

Wait what? Who told you that? Everyone is most definitely not a little gay. As for Stannis and davos, can you cite some textual evidence for that one brah brah?ps. More of a chance then you, since Sansa is straight as an arrow.

Check out the Kinsey Scale, brah. I doubt Sansa would be at either extreme; she seemed to loooove Margaery Tyrell, for instance. Going on and on about how beautiful and gentle and sweet she was.

I'm working on my Stavos OP, FYI.

and Sansa is too young for me anyway. I simply think that making her bisexual would be an amazing move on GRRM's part. She fits the princess trope in a lot of ways and GRRM would be doing something wonderfully subversive by making her anything other than straight. I don't understand why you can't get behind this ffs.

Check out the Kinsey Scale, brah. I doubt Sansa would be at either extreme; she seemed to loooove Margaery Tyrell, for instance. Going on and on about how beautiful and gentle and sweet she was.

I'm working on my Stavos OP, FYI.

and Sansa is too young for me anyway. I simply think that making her bisexual would be an amazing move on GRRM's part. She fits the princess trope in a lot of ways and GRRM would be doing something wonderfully subversive by making her anything other than straight. I don't understand why you can't get behind this ffs.

the kinsey scale is nonsense. Sansa was really good pals with marg, you can be great friends with someone of the same sex as you and not be attracted to them. Its called friendship(not that youd know anything about that tbh).

As for the davos op, we had a deal. If you go back on that you are less then a frey.

You know what, I was just reminded of something, how you can be a sansa fan and not like cat.

I think this is a really key point, because cat is just so terrible that she scares people away from sansa. I just want to say how you can adore Sansa and still not like cat. Cat made so many mistakes it hurts.

You know what, I was just reminded of something, how you can be a sansa fan and not like cat.

I think this is a really key point, because cat is just so terrible that she scares people away from sansa. I just want to say how you can adore Sansa and still not like cat.

"It should have been you" Cat is an adult.

I like Sansa. I hate Cat. Her chapters are terrible

Archived