Are you a Male Sansa fan? Please come and tell me why? and is your a female fan also come share the love.

The Weirwoods Eyes

I'm a huge Sansa

For me as a lad she kinda stands out as the damsel in distress of the books. Now in saying that she has been put through a huge amount. She has suffered watching her father being beheaded, vicious beatings, the ever present threat of rape, being married off to a person she despises etc etc. However, with all this she retains a certain composure and strength which are very attractive qualities. Arya in her position likely would have died long long ago. She has done what she needs to survive and has learnt.

She pissed me off when she was in love with Joff alright though

Another MSF here.

Sansa is one of my favorite characters because she is a very compelling character with an interesting storyline and very interesting dynamics with the characters around her. IMO her story is unique, her chapters are eventful, and her character development is fascinating.

I don't think there's any real population of Sansa haters. Just noobs who don't get her yet. How many of these posts go "I didn't like Sansa and now I do."? I thought young Sansa was amusing, but she definitely becomes more interesting both as the series progresses and as I think more deeply about the work.

I am a male and I love Sansa's chapters. I think Sansa and Cat had some of the best written chapters in the books period. They are not perfect by any means but I love them both.

Sansa is top 2 or 3 for me after AFfC and ADWD for me. Jon's are consistently my favorite. Arya used to be my favorite but since she has been in Bravos I have liked Sansa more.

MSF and proud.

GRRM excels at character transformation. I like her chapters, because her transformation was more from a culmination of events that cracked her entire perspective on life, rather than having one or two moments completely shatter it. She's also at an age where, in the time period, she was thrust from childhood directly into adulthood, and seeing her perspective shift during that process intrigued me a lot.

While her thought process when young could get quite annoying, it felt earnest enough. Her later chapters had me hooked though. I think everyone agrees that she's far more intelligent than anyone would have initially assumed, and the boards about her are rife with theories about Baelish possibly underestimating her in a serious manner, which is hard to argue against considering how well thought out and wise her current perspective is. Very excited for what's to come, especially after her disappearing act in Dance!

Liked Sansa from the beginning, she is there alongside Stannis as my favorite characters. Why?, because she is kind and intelligent... even just. I hope she get LittleFinger to pay for what he has done, but in a way that preserves her best qualities and even (why not?) redeems him a little.

She is a TRUE QUEEN.

I have been progressively been disliking Arya since Ned's death...

I'm a male, and while I was never a Sansa hater, I didn't particularly like her much until the end of ASOS/beginning of AFFC. I could see where she was going and I liked it a lot better. But I don't think I really became team Sansa (which I certainly now am), until I started pouring through the outstanding reread project "Sansa Stark: From Pawn To Player". If anyone is wondering why Sansa has such a following, or just why to like her, I strongly suggest reading it. The overwhelming impression I got, and the basis on which I would now argue in defence of Sansa, is that she is a survivor. Though she doesn't always handle situations in King's Landing perfectly, she keeps her head above water and stays largely out of harms way. And one of the things oft forgotten about Sansa is that she is VERY young. Most 11-13 year olds would have crumbled in the face of what Sansa had to go through. I think Sansa has a huge role to play in the future of the series. SANSA FOR QUEEN!!!

I'm a male Sansa fan and I love her for all the reasons that you mentioned. I like that despite her life being completely ruined she still remains arguably the most kind-hearted person in the entire series. It takes a lot of personal strength to let oneself be vulnerable to one's emotions, especially after everything Sansa has been through. I like that she is learning when to let her guard down and when to keep it up. I like that she uses the "courtesy is a lady's armour" idea as a way of rebelling and maintaining her sense of identity when the Lannisters try their best to keep her under their thumb. She's actually been more politcally minded than anyone in her family since the start of the series apart from Catelyn (and has maybe been surpassed by Jon in that respect, but she was exposed to complicated situations much earlier than he was) and I expect great things from her.

I'm a huge Sansa

ATTACK OF THE 50 FOOT SANSA! ph34r.

Edit: Im obviously without a penis. Most of the time. I have a proverbial one. Beware.

Please don't quote me out of context;

"We've had the female who is a fighter characters for decades now and yes that was and is needed but what does that say about all the women who don't want to take on male traits in order to be seen as valued? what about the women who do want a husband and children, but also feel that they wish to be considered equal and granted autonomy as a matter of course? "

I was referring to how the characters writers choose to portray in their writing can often be used as weapons to fight real world stereotyping, the need for people to begin writing female heroes sprung up due to a desire to stop portraying women as Only interested in hearth & home. Writing women who fight and kick ass and don't need or want to be saved has been a huge leap in the right direction for equality, we read these characters and they break out of the little box we have been told women fit in. But there is a need to recognise that while this is welcome there is also a need to show respect for the women who don't wish to emulate masculinity and that these women also deserve respect.

I feel that Sansa with her traditionally feminine traits yet who is striving for autonomy fits that role. I was not talking directly about her character in story as striving to be considered equal in universe, but that portraying a character who is traditionally feminine yet strives for autonomy (which Sansa is doing) helps those women in real life who would choose a traditionally female lifestyle yet wish to still be granted equality, as opposed to the disdain many quarters give them.

I work with new mothers and they constantly struggle to justify their choices to others. Too often they timidly describe themselves as Just a mum. And feel that leaving work has caused them to loose their identity and that they have become irrelevant and invisible in a world that focusses only on career and paid work.

:thumbsup: Im not what you consider girly, (heh no) but your bolded, i agree with. Its why i like Cat and various other Proper Lady type characters. There's a trope for that. Silk Hiding Steel. The Ladies who do not fuck around. They look sweet and often are sweet, but once you get on their bad sides, ohhhhh look out!

I agree and this comprises so much of the debate of how to portray the feminine experience, making that experience heroic. In this way, I very much enjoy Sansa's story. It's almost as if GRRM drew an Austen heroine with the Sansa character insofar as what is ostensibly so ordinarily feminine is made extraordinary and dramatic. The 11 yr-old Sansa's coping and subtle acts of defiance under extremely anxious circumstances are more compelling to me than if she were to wave a sword screaming hellfire.

Sansa reminds me of Marianne Dashwood from Sense And Sensibility. A LOT. However, unlike Marianne who gets hit with the Love Bullet and finds out the guy she adores is a total libertine, Sansa gets hit with Ultimate Reality in the very worst of ways. Her character archetype is almost the same, save for background. Marianne is of more humble roots. Sansa is basically a princess in a lot of ways. (and quite literally after Robb is crowned) But her demeanor and ideals are the same. Marianne quotes the most romantic of the Shakespearian Sonnets. All the time! Her head is full of that stuff. She sees characters in tragic romances as something to aspire to (which her older sister, Elinor, chides her for). Sansa loves songs and thinks life is just like a song. Marianne meets Willoughby and is immediately smitten due to how handsome he is, and he "rescues" her in a way and all of that. It looks like how Sansa sees Joff. The gallant prince who is everything she ever dreamed of and acts so virtuous around her. Willoughby is a foul, philandering prat. Joff is a sadistic little Caligula. While situation is different, the two characters are very similar. Marianne learns the truth and undergoes heart break and when she recovers, shes a more sensible person. Sansa undergoes the worst sort of bullshit that her world can throw at a character like her. Shes becoming a much more sensible, savvy person. Both characters retain a gentle femininity about them. Marianne grows to care for Colonel Brandon, the dude who loved her for just the way she was: Unspoiled, innocent, cheerful. Sansa has yet to have her happy ending, but she will have to earn it.

I honestly think this place is somewhat of a safe haven for Sansa fans, Literally everywhere else i've seen her talked about in my experience she has been kinda hated. ....

Ehhh...the most Sansa vitriol ive encountered has been on this forum.

As for me, a fan? Fan is a little too strong of a word to describe my relationship with Sansa. Its been a bumpy road, lemme tell ya. Sansa and i have always butted heads in a manner of speaking. I found her initially insipid and silly. Once her character development kicked in, i did come to like her more. But then...there were...issues...involving Sansa's most fervent of admirers that really turned me off of the character. But i have come back around and the reason is because shes got so much potential to be really freaking badass. And not in the same way as a character like Brienne, Arya, or Asha. But her own brand of badassery. I made a post about how i see Sansa and what i feel shes going to do and her role in the story. Its in my sig. I also think she might end up as one of these.

She's my favorite female character. She starts off as a naive brat who dreams of royal courts, knights, blah blah, yet sees first hand just how unpretty the world can be. This forces her to grow up fast, but unlike Arya who seems like a stereotypical heroine, she deals with it in her own subtle way. I can't wait to see her development in the future.

Yeah I like her, I think her chapters are pretty well written. Her story has me curious. I think like many she one me over with the refusing to bend down moment at the wedding and the Snow Castle although her last scene with LF was creepy as hell. Though I find in the last two books, that some characters stories would progress at a really nice pace, and usually they only had a few chapters, and other characters would have 9-12 chapters and it was dragging on to get to just one moment of arc progression. Sansa had that going for her in crows.

Though my god you hard core Sansa fans have not had a new Sansa chapter in what almost a decade and then it was only three. Now wonder you all have gone stir crazy. Seriously I like her but a lot of her fans tend to ruin any conversation I would take part in. It's kind like some of the Jon fans, the entire book is about him, everything is about him. There is no conversation to have.

When ever I check out from Pawn to Player I feel totally out of place, it's like a tea party at a Bieber convention talking about what amazing thing he will do next like touching his hair. And I am standing there with a beer in my hand, scratching my ass going why the hell did I come in here again?

Archived