Will Dany ever return to Meereen? I think not...

AnneGhoul

I wonder how Barristan will react if Dany returns and wants to kill the hostages. As she should have done a while back. There's no point in making threats if you aren't willing to back them up. After a failed assassination attempt (the locusts) and her BS husband, heads need to roll. But I wonder if Barristan will feel that she's gone mad?

I wonder how Barristan will react if Dany returns and wants to kill the hostages. As she should have done a while back. There's no point in making threats if you aren't willing to back them up. After a failed assassination attempt (the locusts) and her BS husband, heads need to roll. But I wonder if Barristan will feel that she's gone mad?

I think not he's dutiful to the rightful Targaryen line--> Dany. He will accept every decision she makes.

I think Dany will arrive outside the walls of Meereen but too late - Victarion will have been and gone, stealing the other two dragons en route, all the other forces that were fighting for control of the city will have been smashed up either against each other or by Victarion's men, and a de facto government headed by the Shavepate will be the only thing standing between the city and anarchy. How many of Barristan, Tyrion and Jorah survive is not clear - my money's on Tyrion and Jorah as Victarion's captives, Tyrion's Second Sons contract made irrelevant by the slaughter of most of the sellswords, and a wounded Barristan living just long enough to meet Dany when she comes back: all Dany will be able to do is order the Dothraki back to their homelands and leave the Shavepate to pick up the pieces of Meereen.

Cue for Dany to take Drogon to pursue the fleet - the Dothraki, of which she will be by now the undisputed queen, will be useless because they cannot cross the sea *or* hope to be quick enough to catch the ships by land: only by leaving everything else behind and flying on Drogon can she hope to even so much as keep up with the fleet. But she won't even be able to attack it (other than to take out a few stragglers) because Victarion will have the other two dragons under his control, and although Drogon is the biggest, the other two dragons together (plus the fleet's archers) would be able to beat him.

All leading to yet more chaos when they arrive back in Westeros, Victarion thinking to use the dragons to challenge Euron... but Euron's earlier blowing of the horn, and the blood sacrifice to the sea (of his father Balon), will have awoken a FOURTH dragon and bound it to Euron's service - a sea dragon, from the egg Euron threw into the sea earlier. Victarion won't know this until his ship is sunk from under him by said sea-dragon before he can give any commands to Viserion and Rhaegal. Of course, his death will not bind the other two dragons to Euron, but free them to be masterless. Tyrion, somehow, must of course escape, with or without the dragon horn... and how he or (f)Aegon end up as master of any of the other dragons will be anybody's guess (though Aegon at least will end up with one), but Dany will have nothing but Drogon for company when she arrives in Westeros.

Of course, that's all conjecture: but I think the strongest guess in there is the idea that for all her attempts to get herself an army, transport and diplomatic support in Westeros, when she eventually arrives she will be alone except for Drogon, because only a dragon's flight can get her there in time for her to play any part there at all. Everything else, she will have to leave behind because she simply cannot transport them there fast enough for them to be of any relevance.

JLE, you think the dragon-binding horn will work? I don't like Victarion's chances if he blows on that thing. Look what happened to the last guy who did. Though I'm thinking a Targaryen (blood of the dragon and all that) might be able to blow it and live.

Or perhaps it's like the Elder Wand and it will bind dragons to its rightful owner, not the guy holding/blowing it.

I never thought that Dany will come back to meereen :P, all what i can think of is Dany will follow her prophecy and travel to Asshai then we will see the city in Dany's flashbacks as Martin said that we will see Asshai in flashbacks :)

Ok, but how do they coordinate this?

In negotiations and/or battles with their riders. While I don't see Victarion having his own dragon, I can easily see the horn drawing two of the dragons to Euron. i can see Euron and fAegon as dragonriders (although neither will be the final rider of their respective dragons).

In negotiations and/or battles with their riders. While I don't see Victarion having his own dragon, I can easily see the horn drawing two of the dragons to Euron. i can see Euron and fAegon as dragonriders (although neither will be the final rider of their respective dragons).

Victarion won't be a dragonrider. He won't be able to use the dragon horn either because it burns all the users. The previus user of the dragon horn died a horrible death burned inside out.

Moqorro has said there is a difference between blowing and claiming the horn. "You must CLAIM it - in blood"

Euron claims to have had a Dragon Egg at some time, but thrown it into the sea. Did Euron throw it from the same bridge that Balon subsequently fell / was pushed from?

He then had a lackey blow the horn, three times.

But, was Euron present or nearby at Balon's death, and did he own the horn at the time? If Balon was pushed by a Faceless Man, but it was Euron who arranged for this to happen, then this could be said to constitute a blood sacrifice necessary to "claim" the horn. And if there was a dragon egg in the water where Balon fell...

...There's been too much talk of a sea-dragon for there NOT to be one somewhere. And if it exists, I think Euron already has control of it, secretly: having claimed the horn in blood (blood sacrifice of his father, also used to hatch the dragon egg under the sea and make a sea dragon of it), and had the horn sounded three times (the horn player himself died, but Euron still lives). And if he has control of a sea dragon, nobody will know until it's time for it to make a grand entrance...

Victarion intends to "claim" the horn "in blood" in some way (mass slaughter at the battle of Meereen, I assume, will achieve something to this end), and also to have it blown - by one, two or three minions on his behalf, fully expecting said minions to die as a result: and, from this, control at least one dragon of the existing three, Drogon, Viserion and Rhaegal, that he knows are there, since he has no dragon eggs of his own to hatch a new dragon from.

He hopes of course to get Dany onto his side - by force if necessary (and I'm quite sure he would rather enjoy making it necessary - he prefers the iron price, although if he were to arrive in a militarily inferior position he might attempt marriage negotiations just for show.)

But, Dany is not there, and nor is Drogon. However, if Victarion's plan works, he might still get control of either or both of Rhaegal or Viserion, even if they are magically bound against their wills.

However, I'm imagining Victarion's voyage back. With at least one dragon following him and working under his command. However, Euron will know that Victarion has a dragon: and if Euron does indeed have a sea dragon under his control, Victarion does NOT know this, and this will turn out to be important when the brothers come into conflict. (Euron obviously must have some kind of ace in the hole, ready to use against Victarion, because he dare not risk the idea of Victarion coming back with a dragon that answers only to Victarion, unless he has something that can instantly beat either Victarion or any dragon he might have. That's one of the reasons I go with the "Euron's dragon egg that he threw into the sea is now a sea dragon under his command" theory.

Moqorro has said there is a difference between blowing and claiming the horn. "You must CLAIM it - in blood"

Euron claims to have had a Dragon Egg at some time, but thrown it into the sea. Did Euron throw it from the same bridge that Balon subsequently fell / was pushed from?

But, was Euron present or nearby at Balon's death, and did he own the horn at the time? If Balon was pushed by a Faceless Man, but it was Euron who arranged for this to happen, then this could be said to constitute a blood sacrifice necessary to "claim" the horn. And if there was a dragon egg in the water where Balon fell...

...There's been too much talk of a sea-dragon for there NOT to be one somewhere. And if it exists, I think Euron already has control of it, secretly: having claimed the horn in blood (blood sacrifice of his father, also used to hatch the dragon egg under the sea and make a sea dragon of it), and had the horn sounded three times (the horn player himself died, but Euron still lives). And if he has control of a sea dragon, nobody will know until it's time for it to make a grand entrance...

Victarion intends to "claim" the horn "in blood" in some way (mass slaughter at the battle of Meereen, I assume, will achieve something to this end), and also to have it blown - by one, two or three minions on his behalf, fully expecting said minions to die as a result: and, from this, control at least one dragon of the existing three, Drogon, Viserion and Rhaegal, that he knows are there, since he has no dragon eggs of his own to hatch a new dragon from.

He hopes of course to get Dany onto his side - by force if necessary (and I'm quite sure he would rather enjoy making it necessary - he prefers the iron price, although if he were to arrive in a militarily inferior position he might attempt marriage negotiations just for show.)

But, Dany is not there, and nor is Drogon. However, if Victarion's plan works, he might still get control of either or both of Rhaegal or Viserion, even if they are magically bound against their wills.

However, I'm imagining Victarion's voyage back. With at least one dragon following him and working under his command. However, Euron will know that Victarion has a dragon: and if Euron does indeed have a sea dragon under his control, Victarion does NOT know this, and this will turn out to be important when the brothers come into conflict. (Euron obviously must have some kind of ace in the hole, ready to use against Victarion, because he dare not risk the idea of Victarion coming back with a dragon that answers only to Victarion, unless he has something that can instantly beat either Victarion or any dragon he might have. That's one of the reasons I go with the "Euron's dragon egg that he threw into the sea is now a sea dragon under his command" theory.

interesting fan-fic.

Even if Victarion can control a dragon with the dragon horn (which i don't think will happen), Deanerys won't let him escape. She has the most powerful Dragon and she can destroy the Iron Fleet with a simple word. There won't be taking any Dragon from the Queen.

I'm not sold on the sea dragon idea. I think Euron had an egg, but used it to pay the faceless men. We learned that the faceless men have a high price for those requesting a kill, but the price isnt gold, it is what is most dear to the person. So, we have Euron returning from Valyria with his dragon horn and his dragon egg and he is all ready to have a dragon. He needs Balon out of the way, so he pays with the egg, figuring the horn can get him a dragon later knowing that there are three alive. Victarion is not going to control a dragon. No matter what he does, he will play into a plan Euron has already thought out.

She's greatly outnumbered. It only took a few people with spears to almost kill Drogon in the fighting pits, he isn't yet strong enough to tackle an entire khalasar.

I don't think Drogon was in any serious danger. I think she'll let Drogon do to Jhaqo what he did to Eroeh, and then she'll assume command of his leaderless Khalasar, having proved that she is the strongest leader present. One dragon versus one Khal - the odds are in her favor. The rest of the Khalasar won't have much of a problem following her again. Granted, she'll need to wipe out the blood riders, most especially Mago, but that's just dessert for Drogon.

"It was a cruel fate, yet not so cruel as Mago's will be. I promise you that, by the old gods and the new, by the lamb god and the horse god and every god that lives. I swear by the Mother of Mountains and the Womb of the World. Before I am done with them, Mago and Ko Jhaqo will plead for the mercy they showed Eroeh."

With the amount of enemies she has in the free cities setting foot on Westeros would be the nail in the coffin for her. I really wonder how her story is going to play out.

But she should not have trouble in the Free Cities that do not practice slavery, or are anti-slavery, like Braavos.

I think it's given that Dany will go/be brought to Vaes Dothrak. There is still this vision with the crones and the lake.

I think George left us with quite an uncertainty.

If it was just Dany alone Jhaqo , knowing who she was would have sent her to Vaes Dothrak.

But! Dothraki have not seen a dragon in hundreds of years (had they even seen one ever?).

The fact that she speaks Dothraki, she is a Khaleesi (guess one keeps the title) and has a dragon!

I think Jhago will be thinking "this does not compute!"

Do the Dothraki know her recent history? They like strength and conquest , so she fits a positive image for them.

(Don't know what they think about her abolitionist stance?)

I think things are going to get complex, not simple.

Also knowing the way George likes to put Tryion right in the center of all messes, I am supposing he is going to meet her.

If we go by what George read at Worldcon, sound like the 2nd battle of Meereen will be over before she can get back there.

I am convinced she will go back to Meereen (with or without Jhago) and meet up with Tryion, Vic, Jorah, Selmy and Viserion and Rhaegal again.

What comes of that... I don't know.

Archived