Why Jon Snow sucks and I am glad he is dead.

Hypnomagica

Jon Snow is one of my favorite characters in the entire series but I think there is a decent and oft ignored argument that the series itself would actually benefit from his simply being killed off.

On the one hand, it would confuse and infuriate many people who consider him one of, if not THE, main hero in the story but it would also allow the story to go down a path I think most people would never suspect.

So my question is what are some positive outcomes the death of Jon Snow might bring to the story, and what do you think it would ultimately change? If anything.

LOL, you actually did it.

Good riddance, no one will miss you, crow!

On a serious note, I think that now that many know about R+L=J, the series would benefit from Jon's death, but I think Martin already said that he will not change the plot just because some readers have guessed it.

So, just to be perfectly clear, when you decided to use the thread title "Why Jon Snow sucks and why I am glad he is dead.", you never had any intention of explaining why Jon Snow sucks and why you're glad he's dead in your first post, did you? You did that just to make people click on the link?

Right. I'm glad you're so mature.

I'm not sure if any positive outcomes could even come from it. What purpose would eliminating him serve? He's been a main POV throughout the series, all of that build up for a character that was just going to be offed would have been quite pointless, wouldn't it? Sure, Ned & Cat were main POVs for a time, but their deaths had a specific function in the overall plot.

Jon is the main POV character in the North. He has been carrying the Northern narrative as well as the narrative at the wall. He has, consequently been the main Stark narrative for a while too now. All the Stark plots become harder to work with if he is dead. he is after all the only Stark who is still known to be alive and whose whereabouts are known. And a whole lot of prophesy/foreshadowing etc. becomes hard to make sense of.

The only benefit would be shock value and that would be small.

Haha. I see you took Ser Creighton's advice.

No! Dear god don't point that finger at me. I really got to stop throwing titles out there, this is like the 10th time this has happened. Although last time it turned into a thread all about sex with perhaps the greatest single post in board history, How to give a man a proper ........... fill the blank in intricate detail. I gave the post to my GF and was like see that's how your suppose to do it. Well she was my GF. God that was a good thread.

So, just to be perfectly clear, when you decided to use the thread title "Why Jon Snow sucks and why I am glad he is dead.", you never had any intention of explaining why Jon Snow sucks and why you're glad he's dead in your first post, did you? You did that just to make people click on the link?

Right. I'm glad you're so mature.

I think you missed the point....

...uhhh, Stark succesion is cleared up perhaps?

I'm not sure if any positive outcomes could even come from it. What purpose would eliminating him serve? He's been a main POV throughout the series, all of that build up for a character that was just going to be offed would have been quite pointless, wouldn't it? Sure, Ned & Cat were main POVs for a time, but their deaths had a specific function in the overall plot.

Oh yeah remember when you started a thread after I tossed out a comment about Twilight. That thread was awesome. Courses on B?'s the multi color penis conversation, nothing but good came from that thread, nothing but good. E-Ro is still confused but happy about it.

If he's really just dead and wouldn't come back it would lessen the story. It would mean, that we could stop analyzing all the possible foreshadowing, because there's a good chance it'll lead to nothing.

If he came back and became Azor Ahai Reborn or Lightbringer or The Prince that Was Promised, but AAR or LB or TPWPW was actually something darker than the white hero everyone's associating with the prophecies, now that would be a more interesting twist.

What makes you think Jon being dead eliminates him from the narrative :)

The former does not ensure the latter

Eh true, but who (in-story) actually cares enough about him/the Wall for it to have an effect on them, outside of a handful of characters?

Oh yeah remember when you started a thread after I tossed out a comment about Twilight. That thread was awesome. Courses on BJ's the multi color penis conversation, nothing but good came from that thread, nothing but good. E-Ro is still confused but happy about it.

Lol of all the comparisons to make...

Archived