Moments of Foreshadowing 8 [TPatQ spoilers]

Lord Varys

i always think of the wedding between sylva and lord estermont as a plot device for arianne to meet with her again, given that the GC has taken all noble hostages from the island.

Sylva being the traitor in the plot to crown Myrcella, the hostage situation gives an elegant way to bring that issue back into the story.

"Arianne, your nature... to you, a secret was only a choice tale to whisper to Garin and Tyene in your bed of a night. Garin gossips as only the orphans can, and Tyene keeps nothing from Obara and the Lady Nym."

I think if there is a single informer, that should be Garin. If there are more, Sylva can be one of them. Garin was sent to the Archon of Tyrosh, who has a really close relationship with Doran. I wonder what secret message Doran sent to him with Garin

Last Davis chapter in ASOS:

"Princess Shireen was between them, the mottled grey patches on her face and neck almost black in the firelight."

The looking almost black in the firelight kinda sounds like she will be burned ("in the firelight") to try to resurrect Jon ("almost black").

ETA:

Also from that chapter, Davos is looking out at the sky/sea:

"The clouds his most of the Ice Dragon, all but the bright blue eyes that marked due north."

Either referencing a Targaryen up north or the threat of the Others.

We hear later about the others. What's in store for Andar, Theo & Martyn?

Younger men, most had done no great deeds as yet, but Sansa and Jeyne agreed that one day the Seven Kingdoms would resound to the sound of their names. Ser Balon Swann. Lord Bryce Caron of the Marches. Bronze Yohn's heir, Ser Andar Royce, and his younger brother Ser Robar, their silvered steel plate filigreed in bronze with the same ancient runes that warded their father. The twins Ser Horas and Ser Hobber, whose shields displayed the grape cluster sigil of the Redwynes, burgundy on blue. Patrek Mallister, Lord Jason's son. Six Freys of the Crossing: Ser Jared, Ser Hosteen, Ser Danwell, Ser Emmon, Ser Theo, Ser Perwyn, sons and grandsons of old Lord Walder Frey, and his bastard son Martyn Rivers as well.

I am still new to this. I could not find a post on this. I think it could be a foreshadow.

AFFC, QUEENMAKER P.298

Arianne Martell arrived with Drey and Sylva just as the sun was going down, (With the west a tapestry of gold and purple and the clouds all glowing crimson. The ruins seemed aglow as well; the fallen columns glimmered pinkly, red shadows crept across the cracked stone floors, and the sands themselves turned from gold to orange to purple as the light faded).

I think it can foreshadow what has happened or may happen to the some of the noble houses.

What do you think?

I am still new to this. I could not find a post on this. I think it could be a foreshadow.

AFFC, QUEENMAKER P.298

Arianne Martell arrived with Drey and Sylva just as the sun was going down, (With the west a tapestry of gold and purple and the clouds all glowing crimson. The ruins seemed aglow as well; the fallen columns glimmered pinkly, red shadows crept across the cracked stone floors, and the sands themselves turned from gold to orange to purple as the light faded).

I think it can foreshadow what has happened or may happen to the some of the noble houses.

The fallen columns glimmered pinkly =the Boltons wiped out and the Dreadfort given to another House?

Red shadows crept across the cracked floor= The Lannisters broken and a shadow of it former influence; a possible demotion from a Great House?

The sands themselves turned from gold to orange to purple= the Martells subdued and their kingship given to the Yronwoods?

I think we can figure this out.

(A tapestry of gold and purple) could be colors of IT.(royalty colors)?

(The clouds glowing all crimson) Lannisters control IT?

(The ruins seemed aglow as well) Lannisters taking over the north?

(The fallen columns (Winterfell) glimmered pinkly) (Bolton)

(Red shadows crept across the cracked stone floors) could this be Stannis(Mel)?

( The sands themselves turned from gold to orange to purple) will the banners the purple take over Dorne? or join houses?

I need to find some purple banners or purple on the banner. Any ideas?

I can't see Jon Snow gathering enough political momentum to claim anything in the foreseeable future, and certainly not in the midst of the Other crisis.

1. He is a member of the Night's Watch. He can't stake a claim to anything.

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death."

If Jon dies and comes back to life, his oath has been met.

AFFC, QUEENMAKER P.298

What do you think?

as the sun was going down

The sun is the sigil of House Martell, and Quentyn is referred to as the "sun's son;" so it would be reasonable to assume that it refers to the fall of House Martell.

with the west a tapestry of gold and purple and the clouds all glowing crimson.

streaked with lowering clouds that glowed as bright as Lannister crimson

Dany is connected to purple a lot (purple eyes, purple dress in her first POV in AGoT, purple marble hall of Great Pyramid where she resides, etc), and crimson clouds are connected to Lannisters. I think gold refers to the GC, or Aegon, and with crimson for Lannister, gold for the GC and and purple for Dany, I think this hints that Aegon and Dany and Tyrion will be the fall of House Martell. The west (Westeros) being described as a tapestry of gold and purple could refer to the second Dance of Dragons with the realm being divided with lords declaring for Dany or Aegon.

The ruins seemed aglow as well; the fallen columns glimmered pinkly, red shadows crept across the cracked stone floors, and the sands themselves turned from gold to orange to purple as the light faded.

How soon till his fire burns hot enough to crack stone

The ruins being described as aglow makes it sound like flames, and the ruins could be House Martell/Dorne. I think red shadow combined with the cracked stone and dragon connection refers to Jon, going from black to red (dragon), or it could refer to Stannis. Orange shares connections with Dorne, as the fruit of the same name is what Dorne is known for in the 7K. The sands start gold (Aegon), then turn orange (Arianne after Aegon dies or a schism occurs) and finally turn purple (they join Dany likely after Dorne has been subdued).

The most terrifying moment of the day came during Ser Gregor's second joust, when his lance rode up and struck a young knight from the Vale under the gorget with such force that it drove through his throat, killing him instantly. The youth fell not ten feet from where Sansa was seated.

Jeyne Poole wept so hysterically that Septa Mordane finally took her off to regain her composure, but Sansa sat with her hands folded in her lap, watching with a strange fascination.

By then Septa Mordane had returned, alone. Jeyne had been feeling ill, she explained; she had helped her back to the castle. Sansa had almost forgotten about Jeyne.

No wonder Sansa doesn't really seem to give a s@$! about what happened to Jeyne. I sure hope those two meet up again and that Jayne knows it was Littlefinger that turned her into a whore.

"Who cut you, Varys? When and why? Who are you, truly?”

The eunuch’s smile never flickered, but his eyes glittered with something that was not laughter. “You are kind to ask, my lord, but my tale is long and sad, and we have treasons to discuss.”

Only the kindly man knew the Common Tongue. “Who are you?” he would ask her every day.

Can we take it as an evidence for Varys' training in the HoB&W?

I don't understand people thinking that Dany or (f)Aegon would use Edrik Storm and make him lord of SE to get Stormlords on their side....More then half of Stormlords were on Targaryan side during Robert's rebellion in the first place.

Edrik is son of Robert Barathion!!!A man who killed Dany's brother,who is responsible for killing his children,death of her father,her exile....he ORDERED that Dany and her unborn child be killed....she was chased by his assassins her whole life(she taught that)...and so on and so on.....

From (f)Aegon point of view it's even worse...much much worse....

And after all of that they will just allow that Robert's children continue being lords of SE and their children after them just like that???!!!??!?REALLY?!?!?

It's like Starks would return in Winterfall and rule again like Kings of the North and allow Ramsey to continue Bolton line to rule Dreadfort and his children after him just like nothing ever happen.REALLY?!?!

The only purpose Robert's children may have in books are to feed Dany's dragons!

"Who cut you, Varys? When and why? Who are you, truly?

The eunuchs smile never flickered, but his eyes glittered with something that was not laughter. You are kind to ask, my lord, but my tale is long and sad, and we have treasons to discuss.

Only the kindly man knew the Common Tongue. Who are you? he would ask her every day.

Can we take it as an evidence for Varys' training in the HoB&W?

"Who are you?" is a pretty common question in lit in these contexts. My favorite is the smoking caterpillar. Not every repeated word or phrase forms a relationship. When Sansa observes Cheese as Robert insists on fighting in the melee at the Hand's Tourney she describes the Queen as chiseled from snow. But that has nothing to do with Jon Snow or other snow references, does it?

as the sun was going down

The sun is the sigil of House Martell, and Quentyn is referred to as the "sun's son;" so it would be reasonable to assume that it refers to the fall of HOuse Martell.

with the west a tapestry of gold and purple and the clouds all glowing crimson.

streaked with lowering clouds that glowed as bright as Lannister crimson

Dany is connected to purple a lot (purple eyes, purple dress in her first POV in AGoT, purple marble hall of Great Pyramid where she resides, etc), and crimson clouds are connected to Lannisters. I think gold refers to the GC, or Aegon, and with crimson for Lannister, gold for the GC and and purple for Dany, I think this hints that Aegon and Dany and Tyrion will be the fall of House Martell. The west (Westeros) being described as a tapestry of gold and purple could refer to the second Dance of Dragons with the realm being divided with lords declaring for Dany or Aegon.

The ruins seemed aglow as well; the fallen columns glimmered pinkly, red shadows crept across the cracked stone floors, and the sands themselves turned from gold to orange to purple as the light faded.

How soon till his fire burns hot enough to crack stone

The ruins being described as aglow makes it sound like flames, and the ruins could be House Martell/Dorne. A red priest's faded robes turn pink as demonstrated by Moqorro and Thoros, and combined with the red shadows could point to the Red Faith siding with Dany (except Mel), other than that I got nothing. Orange shares connections with Dorne, as the fruit of the same name is what Dorne is known for in the 7K. The sands start gold (Aegon), then turn orange (Arianne after Aegon dies or a schism occurs) and finally turn purple (they join Dany likely after Dorne has been subdued).

The common misconception some naive fans have is that because Jon is the son of R & L, he will end up on the Iron Throne.

His being their son will only contribute to saving Westeros from the Others.

The common misconception some naive fans have is that they think they know what will happen.

The common misconception some naive fans have is that they think they know what will happen.

I should have put it better: His being their son might contribute to some prophecy where he helps save Westeros against the Others.

Nothing is definite. He may or may not fight for the throne, he may or may not fight against the Others.

Though I am inclined to believe he'll fight the Others rather than try to stake his claim for the throne. That's by judging his nature.

Archived