Exercise and Fitness: Spring training begins, everyone report!

Greywolf2375

So I have to find another gym. I couldn't work out yesterday because apparently they close early on Fridays now (7:30, what the hell?). I guess that's what you get for going to the cheapest gym around.

How much do you guys pay? My current one is $30/mo, and everything else around here is in the $60-$70 range. :\

So I have to find another gym. I couldn't work out yesterday because apparently they close early on Fridays now (7:30, what the hell?). I guess that's what you get for going to the cheapest gym around.

How much do you guys pay? My current one is $30/mo, and everything else around here is in the $60-$70 range. :\

Depends on the type of gym - planet fitness has the $10 a month deal, Golds is around $20, Crossfit boxes I've seen from $90-$180

Um... Free? It's a work perk. You do have to fight the coeds for a machine sometimes, but faculty swim hour is full of flabby middle aged professors who forget their glasses poolside. Unfortunately, of them look like Indiana Jones. I have seen both the dean of students and the dean is studies in their skivvies, though. ;)

Currently recovering from a cold, but once I'm better, and now that England is no longer underwater, I'm going to aim to walk as much as possible again.

Probably the best place to share how chuffed I was at having to walk everywhere whilst I was on holiday in Belgium, and hardly suffering for it, despite a drop in my walking prior to going. We walked a lot, sightseeing and the like, and while I was tired at the end of each day, my feet barely hurt (despite only having Ugg boots, which are hardly designed for walking), my hip behaved for the most part, and I wasn't really out of breath. Even my boyfriend was surprised that I didn't ask to sit down or anything. I'll chalk that up as a success :D

It's been cold so I have been going to the gym and getting some treadmill runs in before spring races start. I'm noticing a new trend - backwards walking on the treadmill. I've seen it a few times over the years but lately it is happening more often. Middle aged women seem to be the biggest practitioners. I think walking on the treadmill is a joke but walking backwards seems pointless. Explain to me how I am wrong :)

That's awesome, Drac! I think that is one of the main upsides of being fit--how much it opens up your options for enjoying the world around us. :)

ETA:

It's been cold so I have been going to the gym and getting some treadmill runs in before spring races start. I'm noticing a new trend - backwards walking on the treadmill. I've seen it a few times over the years but lately it is happening more often. Middle aged women seem to be the biggest practitioners. I think walking on the treadmill is a joke but walking backwards seems pointless. Explain to me how I am wrong :)

I walk backwards on the treadmill sometimes, but only after a run when I'm cooling down. Helps stretch out the muscles a bit.

When I get to 240 I'll put some progress pictures up, here's to hoping I am not too fat!

Are you working on getting a neck or just going traps to hairline?

Did the Vasselian hero WOD at home today. I'd tried it before and got to the set of 50 pullups but never finished. Today finished those and th 800m run after.

In case you don't want to google it:

800m

50 pushups

50 box jumps

50 wall balls

50 sit ups

50 pullups

800 m run

Finished in 26:00.

My 45 km ski race is on Tuesday, and I'm really looking forward to it. :laugh: I won't be able to post until the day after the race, but it would still be nice if you wished me luck/told me to break a leg/said other words of encouragement. Thanks!

Archived