Exercise and Fitness: Spring training begins, everyone report!

Greywolf2375

I have been out of action (other than karate) for the past two weeks with a head cold. I thought it had passed, went to karate classes and became sick again. Pretty upset about it. (too hard to breath with so much congestion)

In other news, today is my quarterly doctor's appointment (required for certain medications) and I will finally get an official weigh in. Pretty excited about this based on how my smallest jeans are fitting.

IT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED:

For the first time in 12 years, I am no longer "officially" obese.

IT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED:

congratulations!

here's to more good news in months/years/decades to come :cheers:

EDIT:

It is, it has been documented. It's tied to the "wutsyerbenchbro" DNA sequence.

It's horrible to see.

i have a friend i used to practice rowing with who lifted more weight when biceps curling then squatting*.

the guy looked like johnny bravo :D

*waiting for luke's response to this one :lol:

I have been out of action (other than karate) for the past two weeks with a head cold. I thought it had passed, went to karate classes and became sick again. Pretty upset about it. (too hard to breath with so much congestion)

In other news, today is my quarterly doctor's appointment (required for certain medications) and I will finally get an official weigh in. Pretty excited about this based on how my smallest jeans are fitting.

IT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED:

w00t!!1 Congratulations, Lany!!! You've been working so hard to change how you live your life . You are setting a great example for many. :)

:cheers: That's great news, Lany. Good to hear about your progress. :)

congratulations!

w00t!!1 Congratulations, Lany!!! You've been working so hard to change how you live your life . You are setting a great example for many. :)

Lany: Congrats! Good hustle. Keep it up!

Thank you all so much. I love all the support this board gives. It really helps!

I have lost 40 pounds in 4 months...have another 42 pounds to go until I am "officially" not over weight (based on my bone structure and muscles, I am actually very comfortable at the upper end of the BMI chart "normal" range, and don't look near to being overweight)

I hope to reach this by the end of summer (6 more months). Should be doable.

98% of the time, I am extremely happy with the lifestyle change (mostly, the Paleo) but when those rare occasions that I want something else, I have had it. I have had 4 sodas of that 4 months (2 were serious stress needs). I don't feel like I am missing out at all. And I love karate and the kick boxing and weight lifting are helping with that.

Congratulations, Lany! Long may the lifestyle happiness continue.

Since the start of the year I've stepped everything up quite a bit: the down side is that I pulled my dodgy hamstring for the umpteenth time in December (over-stretched by accident after training) and it won't settle back down all the way. Physio here I come.

Sabres and I are also not best friends at the moment. This time last year I was winning fights out of sheer self belief: for the past few months I've been getting ridiculously nervous, to the extent where winning a round robin fight is becoming an achievement, and I can hardly hit people in club whom I should be able to match. (I think it started when I attended a competition injured and lost every fight.) One of my coaches has recommended a complete break from in-club sabre other than one on one coaching sessions. On the plus side, my foil point control is improving immeasurably due to all the extra practice...

congratulations!

EDIT:

i have a friend i used to practice rowing with who lifted more weight when biceps curling then squatting*.

the guy looked like johnny bravo :D

*waiting for luke's response to this one :lol:

If only it was a one off thing, I'd guess most people at my gym bench more than they squat :bang:

Big biceps are obviously an important part of life though....

Big congrats Lany!

I have been working out great but I just cannot get this diet thing under control. Feed me ALL THE SUGARrrrrr...............

Oh well. I was looking at some of my charts (I have a somewhat ridiculous excel spreadsheet of various stats that I get a little too data geeky about) and holy shit I was so thin two years ago. Seeing that just made me feel like shit and wonder how the fuck I let that happen, because I know I'm never going to get back there again barring some extraordinary circumstance.

Anyway, just take that aggression out on some goddamned dumbbells.

Also my hip started hurting again. Motherfucker. I got a foam roller but it's not really helping. Fucking IT band. I think. Maybe I have a tumor or something, I have no effing clue!

I have been working out great but I just cannot get this diet thing under control. Feed me ALL THE SUGARrrrrr...............

Oh well. I was looking at some of my charts (I have a somewhat ridiculous excel spreadsheet of various stats that I get a little too data geeky about) and holy shit I was so thin two years ago. Seeing that just made me feel like shit and wonder how the fuck I let that happen, because I know I'm never going to get back there again barring some extraordinary circumstance.

Anyway, just take that aggression out on some goddamned dumbbells.

Also my hip started hurting again. Motherfucker. I got a foam roller but it's not really helping. Fucking IT band. I think. Maybe I have a tumor or something, I have no effing clue!

Yoga

Massage

Lacrosse ball

Archived