Have you ever turned on a character?

LooseyRoosey

The topic says turned on. I never had much doubt that Euron was a fairly dark character, so nothing to turn on, really.

I can respect that, but you had to guess Vic's morals after the whole he beat his wife and left her for crabs thing right?

Maybe Robert? When we started off I was justifiying his satisfaction with the Targaryen butcher, (And I still do, from a logical point of view) However his fucking around (Pun partially intended) and putting Westeros in huge debt with a number of bank far outweighs the good times he may have provided. I still don't hate him but I do not remember him fondly anymore.

As for Dany, her GoT arc is good. Her CoK arc is one part prophecy, eleven parts pissing around. Her SoS arc is eight parts fires of revolution four parts bad planning. And her DWD arc is three parts reality check, two parts boring, four parts "I can't let you get to Westeros during the feast for crows arc" three parts self loathing and one part promise for a better tomorrow.

I can respect that, but you had to guess Vic's morals after the whole he geat his wife and left her for crabs thing right?

Well, not really, because I can sympathize with that, I can see why he felt he had to do it and that it really caused by evil Euron and the societal demands. Doesn't mean he was right, but it means I can see why he did it, sort of like I can see why Jaime pushed Bran (although that was worse because Jaime and Cersei put themselves in that position, whereas Vic was there through no fault of his own).

The burning some random slave girls just as a sacrifice to his newfound red god ? Eh, that's going a bit too far, even for him. Pushed him from dark grey into black, whereas the wife murder was more from grey to dark grey.

This!!! I was really rooting for Stannis to win the throne, than he had to go and kill his brother to get to it and all it did was show me he was no better than the other monsters vying for that ugly piece of shit, I have hated Stannis ever since.

And Renly would have killed Stannis. Renly betrayed his older brother, Renly knew once he crowned himself that Stannis would never kneel to him. So Renly was okay "killing" Stannis long before Stannis killed Renly, just because their brothers doesn't make them not enemies.

I love so many things about Stannis. We will be cool again when he drops Melisandre. It is my biggest gripe with him. I can't fully respect him unless he totally sees through her. It is a great story device. Everything he is and wants to do/be, in control, honest, can't be with her hanging around. She is manipulating and controlling him without it appearing to him she is and to what degree.

Jon Snow got her number much quicker and it was frustrating to me, but I tipped my hat to Jon.

Still disgruntled that Stannis' almost lifelong maester, to him and his whole family, who was with him all the time and raised him, was right and he met his demise on Stannis' watch. True, the maester's move was bold and Mel is dangerous, but still.

In DwD two of my favourite characters Tyrion and Daenerys are extremely annoying.Tyrion who had the some of the most amazing POV's in CoK and SoS is now walking dead. For Daenerys I was expecting her to have more POVs in every book and when it happened she reacts as a powerless girl.Her last POV in "Dragonstone" is the only interesting.

Arya for me. Not that I hate her or anything, her story is remarkably tragic. But it started when she contemplated killing Gendry when he figured out he was a girl and her further decent to the dark side has me hoping that she gets stopped.

I was a Dany fan, like many people who started with the show I assume. I fist-bumped at the Astapor chapter. Then I read her Dance chapters which made me lose a lot of respect for her. Then I re-read her in a new light, one which was much less flattering, even starting from AGoT. Now I'm fairly ambivalent towards her and my appreciation has mostly shifted to Ned, Cat and Stannis.

And Renly would have killed Stannis. Renly betrayed his older brother, Renly knew once he crowned himself that Stannis would never kneel to him. So Renly was okay "killing" Stannis long before Stannis killed Renly, just because their brothers doesn't make them not enemies.

Renly revolted against Joffrey, not Stannis... and Stannis opened the hostilities on him while Renly was still expecting his brother to join his forces.

So no, Stannis decided to kill Renly before Renly even knew Stannis was his enemy.

Renly revolted against Joffrey, not Stannis... and Stannis opened the hostilities on him while Renly was still expecting his brother to join his forces.

So no, Stannis decided to kill Renly before Renly even knew Stannis was his enemy.

What? They even had a chat, where Renly knew Stannis would attack because he said he'd never bow down to Renly.

How does that = Renly thinking Stannis would join him?

"Renly makes light of the offer and the brothers have an inconclusive parley that fails to reconcile them. They agree that their forces will meet at dawn. "

What? They even had a chat, where Renly knew Stannis would attack because he said he'd never bow down to Renly.

How does that = Renly thinking Stannis would join him?

Nope, before that.

When Renly talks to Cat, his enumerates his forces, and includes his brother Stannis and the Lords of the Narrow Sea.

Cue a messenger coming in saying that Storm's End is under attack, Renly thinks it's the Lannisters, but the messenger then reveals it's Stannis.

Nope, before that.

When Renly talks to Cat, his enumerates his forces, and includes his brother Stannis and the Lords of the Narrow Sea.

Cue a messenger coming in saying that Storm's End is under attack, Renly thinks it's the Lannisters, but the messenger then reveals it's Stannis.

All he did was lay a siege on SE, didn't attack Renly. They even had a parlay after.

"Renly makes light of the offer and the brothers have an inconclusive parley that fails to reconcile them. They agree that their forces will meet at dawn. "

I thought this happened before the SE event though, wrong about that...but it's pretty damn clear Stannis never meant to join him.

Renly only thought this because of his pure arrogance, he should know Stannis better.

That's ridiculous. Stannis is the older brother and has the better claim over Renly, he was never going to be on Renlys team. Renly has known Stannis all his life, he knows what kind of man Stannis is. The moment Renly declared himself king he decided he would be okay with killing Stannis.

Archived