Have you ever turned on a character?

LooseyRoosey

Stannis, wasn't really a fan to begin with....

Ned, I wish he wasn't so naive thinking that he could trust anyone.... all men lie!

Catelyn, that lady was getting on my nerves sticking her head in matter she couldn't change.

Dany, she acts like the throne is her's by right and frankly she needs to get over herself.

The throne is hers by rights.

Being a true heir is irrelevant, unless you are a staunch Targ only supporter.

He has no qualities of a good ruler. He's a cute kid, so I don't want him dead, but he's going to be a terrible ruler. He's like 8 years old and listens to everyone around him and has been trained to approve whatever rules get put in front of him. He's probably one of the worst candidates to actually rule.

He has no qualities of a good ruler. He's a cute kid, so I don't want him dead, but he's going to be a terrible ruler. He's like 8 years old and listens to everyone around him and has been trained to approve whatever rules get put in front of him. He's probably one of the worst candidates to actually rule.

Where does it say the person who sits on the iron throne has to be the best ruler ?

Where does it say the person who sits on the iron throne has to be the best ruler ?

If the person sitting the throne is not a hood ruler, then we end up in the same position we're in now. After all the fighting in Westeros they need a good king, one that can unify and rebuild the kingdoms. One that can help squash feuds. Having a weak puppet king means someone else is pulling his strings. Right now we've got Cersei and the Tyrells fighting to be the puppeteer, and Tommen is not strong enough to break free. Tommen is BAD for Westeros, it's a fact. Tommen has too much baggage to be a good king any time in the forseeable future.

I'm not actually, but he us by no means heir. And since Robert has living blood the throne has a number of others to take his (Robert's) place

How? She lost her right?

You never lose your rights unless you bend the knee and swear fealty to the new ruler, something that Daenerys has never done.

I'm not actually, but he us by no means heir. And since Robert has living blood the throne has a number of others to take his (Robert's) place

How? She lost her right?

You never lose your rights unless you bend the knee and swear fealty to the new ruler, something that Daenerys has never done.

Take it outside, y'all. :p

When the mad king died their wasn't anyone left to take his place (because you know they we're all killed)

And since a new line was born, she will have to fight for her rights(if you want to call them that) :p

I think she has a chance, I want her to but I don't know..

Her family got kicked out. She lost her rights.

The only one who really has a throne "by rights" is the one who can take it and keep it and can convince enough supporters he or she belongs there. That's it.

Take it outside, y'all. :p

Lmao, I'm fine if he is.

@Red raven, that's exactly what I was getting at... Thank you. Now I don't feel like I'm an idiot

Edit:

Please people, let's not turn this into a 'who has rights' thread. There are plenty of them already out there.

She has no right anyway :P

v.v yes my Queen

Petyr Baelish.

He just really annoys me. I didn't like him when he captured Ned, but he got better in ACoK, and ASoS, and especially since he freed Alayne from King's Landing, and organised the poisoning at the Purple Wedding, but then he pushed Lysa out the moon door. I know she was really stupid, and mad, and annoying, but I don't thinks he deserved to die, for Robert's sake. Now, Petyr is Lord Paramount of the Trident when it should be Edmure. Stannis needs to put a sword through him immediately, though that's only if he gets the chance.

Dany has about as much 'right' to the Iron Throne as anyone, since the hereditary 'right' to rule is made-up nonsense which causes farcical situations like this to unfold, where weak children are supposedly in charge of a war-torn kingdom while factions run around daft behind the scenes scheming and vying to be the ones to pull the puppet strings. Not that the adults on the throne have necessarily been any smarter or stronger.

Ahem, anyway. I don't hate Dany, I'm more disappointed in her and her recent string of bad decisions. She's done pretty well in a lot of ways for a 14-year-old, but she has got herself stuck in a bad situation.

I went from actively disliking Theon to pitying him. With Jaime it's a similar thing.

Her family got kicked out. She lost her rights.

The only one who really has a throne "by rights" is the one who can take it and keep it and can convince enough supporters he or she belongs there. That's it.

Second part is right... first part, it's only half right.

Dany has a right to the throne as the "Targaryen" heir, not the "Baratheon" heir. Both sides have a contention for it. The Targ "right" didn't go away so much as it just didn't exist in the first place. But no one can deny its what the Targs built, and as such, by laws of Westeros, she'll always have some sort of tie to it. Both sides have a reasonable chance of taking it back. So Dany has just as much right as any 'trueborn' Baratheon.

Archived