HBO Releases First Four Episode Titles

Westeros

^ Maybe they could have him getting drunk in a tavern and bragging about the Red Wedding, or something to that effect, to 1) establish he is a Frey, and 2) to establish he was part of the Red Wedding. He could then stumble out drunk and begin walking away down the road or something, and get grabbed by Anguy maybe and taken into the woods, and then we have the Stoneheart introduction just like the book.

Too boring, too long. Why not just use Brienne???

I always thought that if they used a Frey (as opposed to Brienne) for the LS reveal, it would have to be Lame Lothar. There would be a real sense of justice, as he was the one who killed Talisa and Cat singlehandedly (and is the only recognizable Frey apart from Lord Walder, besides), and his character isn't so important that he can't be written around in the future.

Ultimately though, I think it comes down to whether they want the reveal to be an epic, fist-pumping moment or a creepy one.

Too boring, too long. Why not just use Brienne???

I'm not a fan of the suggestion you quoted, but if you can't tell the difference between using a Frey (hint: bad) and Brienne (hint: good) then there's not much point discussing this.

I think it's important that LS initially be viewed in a fist-pump way, before we realize that she's on a hollow vengeance quest and is not who we should be rooting for. If she immediately goes after Brienne we completely lose any of that. It's one of the things GRRM does best; make us think something is great and then strip away it all away piece by piece.

Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72

I always thought that if they used a Frey (as opposed to Brienne) for the LS reveal, it would have to be Lame Lothar. There would be a real sense of justice, as he was the one who killed Talisa and Cat singlehandedly (and is the only recognizable Frey apart from Lord Walder, besides), and his character isn't so important that he can't be written around in the future.

Ultimately though, I think it comes down to whether they want the reveal to be an epic, fist-pumping moment or a creepy one.

Black Walder killed Cat, Lame Lothar killed Talisa.

I think calling him "recognizable" is overstating the case. The Freys are on show consist of Walder and a sea of similar-looking weaselly guys in funny hats.

Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72

fsdfsdfsdfsddddd

It appears my computer is playing tricks on me. What I meant to say here is that I agree, it was Black Walder who killed Cat.

I'm still hoping they have Brienne encounter her next season. I want the Quiet Isle scene.

I don't think the two are mutually exclusive, as she leaves KL early (ep 4); assuming the LS reveal takes place in ep 10, that would make 6 episodes for her AFFC material

I agree. It'll be much more powerful with Brienne, and they seem to be rushing some arcs anyway : two birds, one stone.

It seems like the best option, as much as I will miss septon Meribald, and the Quiet Isle, Brienne's AFFC chapters needed to be edited and changed for TV, and having her meeting LS will be more impactful than a random Frey.

Also, ending Brienne's arc this season, will free a lot of screentime for more relevant (and interesting) storylines next season. She can just reappear by 5x10 to meet with Jaime and not much will be lost

I don't think the two are mutually exclusive, as she leaves KL early (ep 4); assuming the LS reveal takes place in ep 10, that would make 6 episodes for her AFFC material

It all depends on when the Hound dies, the relevant part of the QI is that Sandor may be the gravedigger. If Arya leaves Sandor in the finale, then there's no way he could be there in time

It all depends on when the Hound dies, the relevant part of the QI is that Sandor may be the gravedigger. If Arya leaves Sandor in the finale, then there's no way he could be there in time

Not sure about that : it depends on whether Sandor will be relevant later in the story, and even if still has a role to play, they can just reintroduce him later, in some other way.

I could be remembering this wrong, but I thought it turns out that Sandor isn't the gravedigger, but rather someone else wearing his helmet.

Not sure about that : it depends on whether Sandor will be relevant later in the story, and even if still has a role to play, they can just reintroduce him later, in some other way.

This is an important Brienne and Sandor scene, and there are many signs this is going to be relevant in the books. He's mentioned throughout ADWD, and he's got unfinished business with Sansa (like a ton of it). GRRM has hinted, Rory McCann has hinted, I think there's more to his story, and we know there's more to Brienne's. Unless they are super cutting things on the show, there's no reason to rush these two characters over and out like this.

P. frontalis chiripepe, you are misremembering things.

Gwendoline Christie again, about the challenges:

She’s not naïve but she does have an innocence, and I think that comes from a lack of emotional experience… She’s put in a situation which I think is possibly the most testing for Brienne. She goes through lots of physical testing situations, but the moment that she’s in with Cersei is possibly the worst thing that Brienne could imagine.

http://tvline.com/2014/03/25/game-of-thrones-season-4-spoilers-gwendoline-christie-brienne-jamie/

This is an important Brienne and Sandor scene, and there are many signs this is going to be relevant in the books. He's mentioned throughout ADWD, and he's got unfinished business with Sansa (like a ton of it). GRRM has hinted, Rory McCann has hinted, I think there's more to his story, and we know there's more to Brienne's. Unless they are super cutting things on the show, there's no reason to rush these two characters over and out like this.

P. frontalis chiripepe, you are misremembering things.

Oh don't get me wrong : I agree with you and I certainly don't want them to rush things too much, especially when it comes to Brienne and Sandor, but I think we should , unfortunately, brace ourselves for massive cuts, notably for character who aren't Dany/Tyrion/Jon/ Lannisters.

Oh don't get me wrong : I agree with you and I certainly don't want them to rush things too much, especially when it comes to Brienne and Sandor, but I think we should , unfortunately, brace ourselves for massive cuts, notably for character who aren't Dany/Tyrion/Jon/ Lannisters.

I put a clip from an interview up there, can you make it out? Still not sure what she's talking about.

I agree, I'm totally braced, I expect the worst for sure. Just throwing some reason out there. I have a tiny bit of hope, that I am sure will be crushed. They are my two favorite characters, which makes it even worse.

If Brienne meets LS in this season, her storyline will be extremely rushed. Personally, I would like to see this season end for Brienne on the QI. She's going to be in King's Landing for at least the frist two, maybe three episodes. So that leaves seven eps (let's assume she's in 4-5 of those). I can't see her meeting LS. I think LS's introduction done as faithfully to the books would be great to see on screen. If they introduce Stoneheart via Brienne, she's instantly a villain.

I could be remembering this wrong, but I thought it turns out that Sandor isn't the gravedigger, but rather someone else wearing his helmet.

You're getting two events mixed up. The Gravedigger isn't wearing a helmet and is almost certainly Sandor. But Sandor's helmet is stolen and worn by Rorge (and later Lemon cloak). Two different events.

Archived