And the most dangerous Sand Snake is...?

JustOneGuy

While Lady Nym whom I liked right away because she's so slutty, blatant about her sexuality that 's an asset not an hindrance. I have always had a fascination with knifes and swords. I actual wanted to take up sword fighting. So the fact that she can get in there and isn't afraid to get her hands dirty says a lot.

Tyene reminds me of the mean cheerleader. Sweet, dimpled faced perky when need be but a complete devious bitch behind closed doors.

While Sallera seems like she actually has a head on her shoulders.

With their hands hands down would be Lady Nym, the person that could best hide in plain sight and get away with an assaination or left to deal with delicate matters Sallera while Tyene is smart enough to truly turn KL and the Sept on it's heads.

Most dangerous. Tyene. Smart, innocent and can play the part of innocent, poison master and who ever said Lucrezia Borgia that's what I was thinking as well. Both blonds, Lu's hair was curly while Tyene's is straight. Both are said to have blue eyes, known poisoners and their both bastards. Yeah Lu's father legitimized her after he got the papacy but she was still a bastard. The only problem with this is she's not fucking her brother or sisters and she's got no children by her supposed brother.

I loathe the Sand Snakes. They are so utterly contrived. They are the Westerosi version of Fox Force Five.

:lol:

Lady Nym: It was a book about a team of female bastards called "Fox Force Four."

Areo Hotah: What?

Lady Nym: "Fox Force Four." Fox, as in we're a bunch of foxy chicks. Force, as in we're a force to be reckoned with. Four, as in there's one..two ...three...four of us. There was a blonde one, Tyene Sand. A big one, a black one, and a brunette one, me. We all had special skills. Tyene knew a lot about poisons, the big fox was a warrior, the black fox' specialty was archery...

Areo: What was your specialty?

Nym: Knives. The character I played, Lady Nym, her background was she was the bastard daughter of Oberyn Martell and a noblewoman from Volantis. So she grew up in Dorne as a noblewoman herself. According to the book, she was the deadliest woman in the Dorne with a knife. But because she grew up in a Dorne, she was also something of an politician. And she knew a zillion old jokes her father, an old nobleman, taught her. If we would have gotten picked up, they would have worked in a gimmick where every episode I would have told a joke.

I think the question is really, dangerous to whom?

Dangerous to Doran and his plans, whatever they are?

Obara. She has zero respect, loyalty, or analytical ability. Pure fiery spite.

Dangerous to Tommen?

Tyene. As a Septa she will be able to get close to him, since he is guarded constantly by septas now. She will poison him.

Dangerous to the Tyrells?

Nym. I think she will know how to use her power in KL.

Dangerous to either Euron or Westerosi, depending on what side she takes?

Sarella. She is well placed to do a LOT of damage when Euron gets into town.

promiscuity is used in the world of asoiaf to berate women many times. and is still used to berate 'sluts' in the majority of the parts of the planet we live in

Smallfolk and innocent people are also robbed and killed indiscriminately in ASOIAF. People treat other people like crap in the majority of the parts of the world, but that doesn't make it right. Slut shaming is not something to use when berating someone.

That would be interesting to see Obara turn on the Kingsguard. I'd like to see Areo kill Darkstar, but just as he turns to confront Obara...she runs him through with her spear. As Areo dies she confesses that she and her sisters never intended to follow along with Doran's plans, and she might reveal what Nym and Tyene intend to do (Tyene will kill Tommen, Nym will try and kill Cersei but fail and die).

That would be interesting to see Obara turn on the Kingsguard. I'd like to see Areo kill Darkstar, but just as he turns to confront Obara...she runs him through with her spear. As Areo dies she confesses that she and her sisters never intended to follow along with Doran's plans, and she might reveal what Nym and Tyene intend to do (Tyene will kill Tommen, Nym will try and kill Cersei but fail and die).

Wait, are you suggesting that part of Obara's plan is literally sending Nym out to fail and die?

Because, yeah, that does fit neatly with the Martell approach to kamikaze warfare but it would be kind of fresh and innovative if they just admitted it.

Wow, it seems you either love the Sand Snakes or you hate them. Me personally, I don't think I have enough info on them and look forward to seeing them in TWoW. Ask me afterwards, if they're still around. In other words- not one of them has made that much of an impression on me.

The thing is i can't really take most of them seriously enough to consider them dangerous. When GRRM constantly writes characters to be dangerous they're really just comical. I.e. Darkstar. On the other hand those that we are only given little amounts of info on are the real badasses/dangerous ones. I.e. the Bastard of Nightsong, Jason Mallister, the Dusky woman, etc.

That being said i think they're all dangerous in their own way. Obara is most dangerous to the safety of Dorne and Doran. Tyene is dangerous because she of her ability to hide her true intentions and because she's on the inside of the Faith now. Lady Nym is dangerous because well all those men on the small council would be stupid to sleep with her. Sarella is the most dangerous (and the only one i like). Knowledge is power. And she's in Marwyn's inner circle too.

Archived