New Trailer Coming

Westeros

"What good is power if you can't protect the ones you love?"

Ummm, Cersei, is that you?

Oh, nope, it isn't. It's some other character I have no idea about who says things like that.

Seriously, I'm getting really pissed off at some of the whitewashing and "nicing" up of certain characters. Someone needs to tell D&D that just because you like an actor doesn't mean you have to make their character a very nice person. The Cersei of the show is now completely different to me than the Cersei of the books. Oh well, I guess I shouldn't have expected any less from D&D :dunno:

Oh, nope, it isn't. It's some other character I have no idea about who says things like that.

Seriously, I'm getting really pissed off at some of the whitewashing and "nicing" up of certain characters. Someone needs to tell D&D that just because you like an actor doesn't mean you have to make their character a very nice person. The Cersei of the show is now completely different to me than the Cersei of the books. Oh well, I guess I shouldn't have expected any less from D&D :dunno:

I agree with you. Show Cersei is nowhere near her Book Counter part. Too much nicing up of Lannisters in particular and also Dany.

My take on that was her mocking Oberyn for Elia's death.

Haha I was thinking the exact same thing! What with show Cersei in practically every episode talking about how great power is, this really doesn't seem to fit at all. I'm not even comparing it to book Cersei here. Maybe she'll be saying it in a different context than we think, but at the moment it just seems wrong.

On a more positive note, wow, Braavos looks amazing. The CGI for this show just gets better every year. I love just pausing large scale shots like that and looking over it's tiny details. I'm also pleasantly surprised we're seeing a legitimate assault on Meereen. I assumed it would be off-screen like in the books. It seems D&D have no problem spending money in some areas (dragons and everything Dany) but do when it comes to other things *cough* Fist of the First Men *cough* direwolves *cough*

I find that I'm a bit disturbed that I'm more excited to see Dany's story this season (a character I normally heavily dislike) than the entire King's Landing story. There's just too much fanboy wanking from D&D over all the characters there, subsequently resulting in boring and fanfiction-like filler material (like I'm sure there will be plenty of for Oberyn, a character who, like Olenna Tyrell, is great because they are in only a few scenes, not shoved down our throats every episode cause D&D like the actors). King's Landing has been shit since the end of season 2, and hasn't been truly great since season 1, like everything else in that amazing season.

Even though I still have my concerns about how his character will continue, Stannis' lines "we don't have much time" and his history book line were pretty epic with that music in the background. Also cool to see Roose and Ramsay meeting up. Roose is one of the very few characters in the show I feel they've handled perfectly, and I'm excited to see what they do with him. I wonder if we'll get his infamous like to Ramsay this season.

Looks like Locke/Vargo gets some last trip before getting Mountain treatment.

Seriously shouldn't he be captured already ?

Unfortunately I don't think we'll be getting roast Goat or barbequed Locke. I saw some footage somewhere where he's in a scene with Alliser Thorne, which indicates he'll be heading to Castle Black.

Unfortunately I don't think we'll be getting roast goat or barbequed Locke. I saw some footage somewhere where he's in a scene with Alliser Thorne, which indicates he'll be heading to Castle Black.

Well if anything happens to Jonny's BFF !!! No why not, he could cut off some of Alliser's favorite parts, wont be a thorne in Jon's eyes...

No, actually sad. I also think they slow down even more this season. Yes some characters get feast and dance, but it seems KL and Tyrions story is just so much stretched. seems a new trend, given adaptations of the hobbit and whatnot that end up 10 times as long as they should

On the Cersei/Oberyn scene:

Cersei did offer Oberyn herself if he would give her Tyrion's head as one of the judges. At least that's what Oberyn claimed when he talked to Tyrion. That scene could be part of the TV interpretation of that development, although I also think that Headey's Cersei has about as much to do with Cersei's character as I do.

Looking at this screencap again, I may agree with whoever said there may be more than 3 people in this bed. Looking at the expanse of skin between Ellaria and Oberyn's necks, that seems to be another person. Hmmm...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/joliefaire/CaptureOberyn.jpg

I can't see the fourth person!

In agreement on this one. In some ways the show has backed itself into a corner with the whole Shae/Sansa thing. It isn't a bad change in itself, but results in a need to over-develop Shae's jealously leading to...that. Maybe this scene among others is purely to get those wheels moving a bit faster.

That said, we don't know for sure what exactly goes down here. I'll reserve judgement until the episode actually airs. It is refreshing to see fans of a character back their criticism of the show's choices up with actual examples and explanations rather than whining that some intern over at HBO didn't put their favourite character on a poster.

Yeah, I think that's why they're doing it, she'll be used to make Shae jealous so they'll break up.

The candidates put forward for that threesome with Oberyn and Ellaria are apparently Loras, and Littlefinger's toy boy spy, Olyvar, from last season. He is confirmed to return. I guess if he is the guy in bed with Oberyn, there is a good chance that this will be his last night on this earth. He would be there to try to find out what Oberyn is up to, and the Red Viper is not stupid...

Loras is much less likely if they keep the Martell-Tyrell enmity.

Yes, that's true, too. I was just about to add, why is anyone surprised when fans care about the story, that's why we are here.

Ygritte seems really angry in all of the trailers, more angry than I pictured her. I wonder if a certain scene will play out the same way, will all of that anger just disappear?

I think they like making things VERY clear. Everything beneath the surface is on the surface. And dramatic shifts, from HAPPY to sad.

I can't see the fourth person!

Look at the area between Ellaria's neck and Oberyn's neck. If that's flesh, and it seems to be, whose flesh? Can't be hers, can't be his, can't be a body part of the guy who's looking at Ellaria and Oberyn (Olyvar, I believe) because he seems to be lying on his back, partially propped up. Ergo, its a 4th person (and it seems to me that he/she is straddling Olyvar.

Look at the area between Ellaria's neck and Oberyn's neck. If that's flesh, and it seems to be, whose flesh? Can't be hers, can't be his, can't be a body part of the guy who's looking at Ellaria and Oberyn (Olyvar, I believe) because he seems to be lying on his back, partially propped up. Ergo, its a 4th person (and it seems to me that he/she is straddling Olyvar.

You're right, I see it (laughing at us for looking so closely, totally in a good way). That's going to be some scene.

On a more positive note, wow, Braavos looks amazing. The CGI for this show just gets better every year. I love just pausing large scale shots like that and looking over it's tiny details. I'm also pleasantly surprised we're seeing a legitimate assault on Meereen. I assumed it would be off-screen like in the books. It seems D&D have no problem spending money in some areas (dragons and everything Dany) but do when it comes to other things *cough* Fist of the First Men *cough* direwolves *cough*

I find that I'm a bit disturbed that I'm more excited to see Dany's story this season (a character I normally heavily dislike) than the entire King's Landing story. There's just too much fanboy wanking from D&D over all the characters there, subsequently resulting in boring and fanfiction-like filler material (like I'm sure there will be plenty of for Oberyn, a character who, like Olenna Tyrell, is great because they are in only a few scenes, not shoved down our throats every episode cause D&D like the actors). King's Landing has been shit since the end of season 2, and hasn't been truly great since season 1, like everything else in that amazing season.

Even though I still have my concerns about how his character will continue, Stannis' lines "we don't have much time" and his history book line were pretty epic with that music in the background. Also cool to see Roose and Ramsay meeting up. Roose is one of the very few characters in the show I feel they've handled perfectly, and I'm excited to see what they do with him. I wonder if we'll get his infamous like to Ramsay this season.

My apologies for the upcoming rant.

I get so frustrated whenever people act as if they could do things a million times better than D&D, when what they've created is so much better than really the majority of fantasy we've seen projected to the big screen. I, for one, am really grateful for this epic, quality show.

And literally the only people who I've met who think season 1 was the best season have been book purists, and it's not surprising since that's the year they made the fewest deviations from the books. Most everyone else (like people who don't care about minor, insignificant changes) think that season 3 was by far the best, in terms of pacing, tone and production. What was wrong with the Olenna scenes? Or anything in season 2's KL arc? I thought the Struggle for Sansa in season 3 was interesting (though I will concede that they spent too much time on it), and the scenes have such great writing/acting that it's totally worth the slow-moving plot. The KL scenes which weren't in the books have, IMO, been some of the best ones we've seen (Robert & Cersei, Varys & Littlefinger, Olenna & Tywin, etc.) and I'm really excited for what they'll dream up for Oberyn. Ultimately, I just can't stand phrases like "Well, knowing D&D, I shouldn't have expected much," or "D&D have whitewashed/villainized this character so much it's made the whole show suck:" it just seems so petty and ungrateful, and makes me want to scream.

And Cersei's line, as someone said, is more likely said in mockery of Dorne's failure to protect Elia and her children, than part of her own philosophical musings.

Ok, I'm done. Sorry.

Yep, I think you've hit on something here. I'm looking forward to everything but Kings Landing. They just messed with that part of the story too much. That's where all the Lannisters are.

I get so frustrated whenever people act as if they could do things a million times better than D&D, when what they've created is so much better than really the majority of fantasy we've seen projected to the big screen. I, for one, am really grateful for this epic, quality show.

Seconded.

Back to the trailer. Could the scene at 1:13 the beginning of the "Wherever Whores Go" sequence?

Archived