MH370 - The Mystery Missing Flight

Cyvasse Khal

Well, funny that one of the last posts I made was about Ran's suicide theory.

Seems that a police report that will soon be released will name the pilot as the lead suspect in the disappearance of the plane. It appears he scheduled no activities for the dates after the flight (and I assume this means he usually had various events arranged, as most of us do, even if they are just medical and dental appointments), and that home flight simulator that he had, and which had had everything deleted from it, shows he had been simulating flights to the south Indian ocean.

MH370: Captain Zaharie Shah Becomes Chief Suspect In Disappearance of Missing Malaysian Airlines Flight

• 1 year later...

That doesn't prove anything though. Whereever in the Indian ocean the plane went down, the resulting debris had more than enough time to spread just about anywhere.

Not really 'anywhere'. Not long after the plane went down and it was decided what the crash area likely was, a scientist predicted wreckage would wash up on Reunion Island in about a year and a half.

The ocean currents are pretty reliable.

Nobody is saying it crashed near Reunion Island are they, unless I've missed something?

Ocean currents were predicted to wash debris across the Indian Ocean to Reunion in around a 1-2 year time period based on the crash site being roughly within their search area off western Australia. So the discovery of this debris at least shows that 1) the search area picked using the satellite pings was accurate and 2) the modelling of ocean currents was pretty accurate too.

I'd expect to see other items wash up over the next year or so, assuming anything else was able to survive the crash and float so far.

The crash area is undoubtedly in the area they are looking off Australia but finding it is another thing. The sea there is 1000's of meters deep and uncharted for the most part, hell they even found shipwrecks they knew nothing about whilst searching it so far.

That area of deep ocean will probably be one of the most well charted areas of deep water in the world once they've stopped searching.

Archived