MH370 - The Mystery Missing Flight

Cyvasse Khal

From ABC News:

Flight MH370 lost contact with air traffic controllers at 2:40am local time (5:40am AEDT) on Saturday, just over two hours into what should have been a six-hour journey.

The airline said the last point of contact with the plane was 120 nautical miles off Kota Bharu, over the South China Sea.

A full-scale international search-and-rescue effort is underway, with ships and aircraft from Malaysia, Vietnam, China and the Philippines taking part. Singapore is helping to coordinate the search.

Malaysia's acting transport minister, Hishammuddin Hussein, has rejected reports that the plane's wreckage had been found off the Vietnamese coast.

He said the Malaysian navy and air force, along with the Chinese navy, are searching for the plane in the region where it lost contact.

"We are deploying all the ships in the vicinity to the areas concerned. Our coast guard is being deployed. Our 725 helicopters have also been deployed," he told a press conference.

He also said reports that the plane had landed in southern China were not true.

The plane, a Boeing 777-200, left Kuala Lumpur at 12:41am on Saturday and had been due to arrive in Beijing at 6:30am local time.

Malaysia Airlines said the plane was carrying 227 passengers, including two infants, plus 12 crew members.

The airline said the flight was piloted by captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah, 53, who had flown with Malaysia Airlines since 1981. He had a total of 18,365 flying hours.

The first officer was 27-year-old Fariq Ab Hamid, who joined the airline in 2007 and had flown a total of 2,763 hours.

It's crazy to think in this day and age with the amount of data transmission, emergency locator devices and whatnot, a plane can go completely missing off the map without anybody having any idea what happened after 3 days still with no distress signals being recieved during the flight.There are conspiracy theories being chucked around that terrorism could be involved with reports of stolen passports from 2 passengers that were meant to be on the flight.

Why on Earth can't anyone find this plane?

Also, one of the articles (can't remember which) makes mention of a couple of people on the plane using stolen passports. Not that I'm willing to give credence to any conspiracy theories yet, but it's an interesting coincidence - also afaik there's no official evidence found to suggest the plane has crashed or landed anywhere else.

They were showing some oil leakage stories ,pointing to the fact that those might have been from the plane .

The search party has also widened its search area suspecting that the plane might have turned back for KL because of some issues .

I also heard a report that there were five passengers who bought tickets and did not show up. That happened in Canada years ago, and luggage was loaded on an Air India flight that blew up off the coast of Ireland. After that flight rules were changed so that if a passenger did not get on the flight, their luggage would be taken off. I wonder if the luggage of any of the missing five ended up on the plane?

It's crazy to think in this day and age with the amount of data transmission, emergency locator devices and whatnot, a plane can go completely missing off the map without anybody having any idea what happened after 3 days still with no distress signals being recieved during the flight.There are conspiracy theories being chucked around that terrorism could be involved with reports of stolen passports from 2 passengers that were meant to be on the flight.

Why on Earth can't anyone find this plane?

It is very strange. I don't know what the protocol is for commercial airliners, but there had to be something transmitting their position.

I heard that they're all trapped on a mysterious island with lots of interesting ideas at work, but it turned out they're all dead.

:lol: Well done.

As far as I know, usually they should have ELTs broadcasting a signal after a crash...planes don't just disappear.

On the other hand, a plane has to land somewhere at some point, within a certain radius, and I can't imagine that a landing could have been kept secret for 3 days now.

Reserving judgment until all the facts are in. With that much ocean to cover trying to hear a "ping" is going to be challenging.

As for the mystery of the missing passports, I'm wondering how often this happens that we just don't even know about and never will because nothing happens on those flights.

Terribly tragedy.

There's something dodgy going on. Apparently they've been viewing cctv footage to try and work out who was travelling using stolen passports. A Malay official was complaining about the incompetence of Malay customs/immigration officials for not being suspicious when an Asian looking person fronted up with a European passport. But there are about 40 million stolen passports out there according to Interpol, so that may be completely unrelated to the disappearance.

I heard that they're all trapped on a mysterious island with lots of interesting ideas at work, but it turned out they're all dead.

no it didnt. they all eventually died, since they werent immortal,but it did not turn out that they were dead

no it didnt. they all eventually died, since they werent immortal,but it did not turn out that they were dead

Huh, really? I thought Jack's dad was saying something about something about them all just being together for the ride in their minds or something. Eh, no matter, I was pretty smashed when the final episode aired, I remember going to work the next day and sleeping on my desk.

Terrible for these 240 family and friends. Being stuck in limbo between hope and grief. You would have to have that feeling that survival seems extremely unlikely, but until you know for sure there's always hope. But the waiting to find out what the hell has happened to your loved ones would be awful.

I don't get all these connections the past couple of days to the crash. That bit of scrap metal they found, it was like "i think we found wreckage from the plane, it appears to be a door from the plane"...then a few hours later "uhhh actually sorry it was just a bit of scrap metal". Then the random oil spill. "we've located an oil spill we believe could be fuel from the plane"...a few hours later "uhhh actually sorry that was from a ship, completely unrelated". If you don't know what something is, don't just proclaim it must be from the one thing everyone is looking for!

I don't get all these connections the past couple of days to the crash. That bit of scrap metal they found, it was like "i think we found wreckage from the plane, it appears to be a door from the plane"...then a few hours later "uhhh actually sorry it was just a bit of scrap metal". Then the random oil spill. "we've located an oil spill we believe could be fuel from the plane"...a few hours later "uhhh actually sorry that was from a ship, completely unrelated". If you don't know what something is, don't just proclaim it must be from the one thing everyone is looking for!

This is one of the problems with the frantic 24/7 media cycle. Millions of people are demanding news. The source that can produce something new, even if it happens to be hearsay or fantasy, briefly gets to stick it's head above the rest. So they perceive it as being worth the risk of later being labelled truth deficient.

No one posted yet about the 19 family members who signed a joint statement stating that their loved ones' cellphones rang when they dialed them a day after the flight went missing?

One lady called her missing family member live on air, and the phone rang, but no one answered.

I'll post the links shortly. Surprised that people aren't jumping on this amazing aspect of the story.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2578020/Why-cellphones-missing-Malaysian-Airlines-passengers-ringing-Family-members-claim-loved-ones-smartphones-active.html

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/missing-malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-passengers-mobile-phones-074447403.html

http://beforeitsnews.com/events/2014/03/malaysia-plane-coverup-passengers-cell-phones-ringing-gps-information-kept-secret-2432746.html

Archived