Most Underrated Character

Northernmonkey

Mance isn't really underrated by many people though

I was thinking that he's underrated by the fanbase rather than in the books. He doesn't get talked about an awful lot on this forum, and when someone did a poll of everyone's favourite character I don't think he made the top 30.

In my opinion? The High Sparrow.

This might be a winner. The guy comes off as ultra shrewd and plays Cersei like a one-stringed fiddle, though that might not be real hard.

I'd go with Podrick Payne (book version) myself. How many 12 or 13 year olds would have the testicular fortitude to even attempt to kill a KG, not to mention pull it off.

I agree with Edmure Tully, I think that what he has been through recently (RW and the loss of Riverrun) will see a change in him. He will become harder, colder.

Jason Mallister is another, he's been a bit part up to now, but like the Crannogmen I expect him to play a larger part in TWOW.

Randyll Tarly as well. He's talked about a lot, especially by Sam as well as making a cameo appearance at Maidenpool in one of Brienne's POV chapters. I think there will be a lot more from him. The appearance of the Ironborn in the Reach and a potential threat to Hornhill could see him hurrying south into his son's POV's in TWOW.

Archived