Four Reasons why Roose Bolton is better than Daenerys

I know you're not her biggest fan but you have to admit Dany's marriage was more noble, at least in intention rather than result, than Roose's.

I can't believe we're even comparing their marriages. Let's see. Why did he married Walda? It's not for the heirs because he doesn't even care if Ramsay "accidentally" kills them all to their mother's sorrow. For the sex? Come on... For the money? It's not like he lives in rags but at least now he's richer than he was before the wedding.

Dany married so others could have peace. Didn't work out as she wanted but at least she tried. Bolton doesn't even care if his future children are safe with Ramsay around.

Danerys doesn't need any crucixion tips. If anything people should be coming to her for advice.

Just sayin'

Well she learned from the Masters. (did I get that right? It was a slave city that crucified children for her to see on the way to their city, wasn't it?)

Well she learned from the Masters. (did I get that right? It was a slave city that crucified children for her to see on the way to their city, wasn't it?)

Correct. Her response to the immorality and degeneracy of the masters was to become as immoral and degenerate as they are.

I know you're not her biggest fan but you have to admit Dany's marriage was more noble, at least in intention rather than result, than Roose's.

I would actually have preferred it if she had the basic intelligence and self-awareness to realize that she was getting played like a violin with the marriage, whatever her intentions were. If anything, the story should show that good intentions often don't amount to shit, and that's pretty prominently displayed where Dany's concerned.

My dearest Apple, I know you don't value Dany's intentions. I remember very well the above point you've made before. You're not wrong. Good intentions alone don't just bring results. (I believe that's a large part of what Dany's story is about) But what they do give us is insight in the characters. Dany has obvious faults but when we see her intentions like the Hizdahr marriage, we can at least judge her own personality/character apart from what she's trying to amount to. In this case, she at least had the intention of bringing peace to Meereen whereas Roose just jumped on the cash cow, no pun intended.

And to no one in particular... what has Dany done that was worse than how Roose conceived Ramsay? she's no angel... but goddamn, she's no Roose either and that's a good thing.

• 3 months later...

Roose is a vegan.

Dany eats horses.

Roose gives a father his son's penis back.

Dany gives her brother stinking rags to wear.

Roose is indifferent to the death of his son.

Dany laughs that her brother was killed.

Roose lives in Westeros.

Dany lives in Essos.

Roose marries a fat woman.

Dany is shallow and only cares what her lover looks like.

Roose's blade is sharp.

Dany doesn't even have a blade.

The list goes on and on.

Roose is a vegan.

Dany eats horses.

Roose gives a father his son's penis back.

Dany gives her brother stinking rags to wear.

Roose is indifferent to the death of his son.

Dany laughs that her brother was killed.

Roose lives in Westeros.

Dany lives in Essos.

Roose marries a fat woman.

Dany is shallow and only cares what her lover looks like.

Roose's blade is sharp.

Dany doesn't even have a blade.

The list goes on and on. is utter BS

1. Something wrong with eating horses?

2. Show-only, and incorrect. That was Ramsay. Dany giving him Dothraki garb was an effort to get him to try and fit into the culture around him, and his failure to do so in general is what leads to his death.

3. First off, many suspect Roose killed Domeric. And Dany did not laugh. She was extremely saddened in the aftermath and still mourns him. Viserion? C'mon

4. Not her fault. She was a baby when taken away and it was not safe for her to go there. Robert was almost able to assassinate her in Vaes Dothrak. She is going to Westeros... and what's wrong with Essos? Braavos is there, and many other awesome cities.

5. Roose was paid to take Fat Walda. Roose is a whore. Dany marries Hizdahr in spite of not being attracted to him. She may have shallow desires, but she is a 15 year old girl. More than that, she's human. Is there something wrong with being attracted to certain people?

6. Dany's blade is a red sword over the world, Dragons. Roose doesn't even have a dragon.

I know your list was just trolling nonsense, but I thought hey, I have the time, might as well dissect it. :p

Roose: Hangs people decent
Daenerys: Burns people alive and tortures them.
Roose: A peaceful land, a quiet people

Daenerys: Doesn't care about casualties and war as long as she fulfills her whims and wishes.

Roose: Frees the North of savage Ironborn invaders
Daenerys: Will bring the savages such as Dothraki's to Westeros
Roose: Refuses to become a kinslayer, spares his bastard's life even though he killed his trueborn son
Daenerys: Watches her brother die and later comments on it that, "He was no dragon". So sadistic.

Give me your reason why you think Roose Bolton is better than Daenerys.

It's cool how you can replace Daenerys's name with Stannis and it fits quite well.

Irri states in GoT that Dany laughing at the Western festival sausage vendor marks the first time she has laughed since his death.

And who can blame her? There's no actual comedy in her narrative.

Contrasted with Roose Bolton's superb timing and diction during his many japes.

Who wouldn't trade everything since Astapor for a Roose POV?

Roose has Ramsay, who is infinitely more terrifying than dragons.

I have been of the opinion for a very long time that the producers of Criminal Minds should buy the rights to Ramsay and create an episode or two on him. Same actor.

They should play it as a sadistic serial killer who is a huge fantasy/ science fiction fan, and his signature is based on one particular House in a popular fantasy novel. His trophies are their skins.

1.Roose - flays people

Dany - slays lies

2. Roose -- a little R&R =/= good times

Dany - a little D&D is just annoying

3. R - Leech Lord (creepy)

D - Blood of Dragons (symbolic)

Finally

Roose - is actually in Westeros

Dany - somewhere over the rainbow

Archived