Video Games: The Real Thread That Never Ends

Relic

Repackaging games is kind of Nintendo's MO. I encourage you not to fall for their trick of making you buy the same game eight times, but if you've never played it it's certainly worth considering.

Ha! I knew this day would come.

I'm still not sure which of the consoles I'll end up getting, but this at least evens the playing field a bit.

Also exciting, apparently Microsoft is dropping the requirement on Xbone and the 360 that you need to have Xbox Live Gold to use apps like Netflix. Considering that I pretty much only use Gold on my 360 for Netflix and HBOGO, I'm thinking of dropping my subscription come next renewal.

That's been an insane requirement for a long time now, what with the surfeit of devices that can stream Netflix and other services. Can't believe they still had it in 2014.

As far as I know that's been true since the beginning. Is it no longer true?

Its definitely still true, I was just on it yesterday. Maybe it was more limited when it first launched, I don't know.

Any and all? Does that mean current content? How OnDemand works is that it changes every month. Sometimes they will put really old content on there, like after James Gandolfini(sp?) died they put all seasons of the Sopranos on there for a month. Sometimes they will put old cancelled stuff up there. And they may not have all seasons of a current show available.

Any and all? Does that mean current content? How OnDemand works is that it changes every month. Sometimes they will put really old content on there, like after James Gandolfini(sp?) died they put all seasons of the Sopranos on there for a month. Sometimes they will put old cancelled stuff up there. And they may not have all seasons of a current show available.

HBOGo, as far as I'm aware, has every episode of every HBO series (ETA: Not every series, just a lot of them. 54 total series according to the site) ever made up for viewing at any time. Along with their documentaries, sports specials and a rotating selection of movies. Maybe some series have limited selection but I've used it to rewatch Band of Brothers and The Wire recently. Both are available in full.

HBOGo, as far as I'm aware, has every episode of every HBO series ever made up for viewing at any time. Along with their documentaries, sports specials and a rotating selection of movies. Maybe some series have limited selection but I've used it to rewatch Band of Brothers and The Wire recently. Both are available in full.

Wow, HBOGO sounds better than regular HBO then. I'd love to see some of those old shows.

How far back does it go?

Is there 80s stuff on there?

1st and 10 with Shannon Tweed?

Not Neccesarily the News?

Dream On?

Wow, HBOGO sounds better than regular HBO then. I'd love to see some of those old shows.

How far back does it go?

Is there 80s stuff on there?

1st and 10 with Shannon Tweed?

Not Neccesarily the News?

Dream On?

Maybe not every series then :P I don't remember seeing those, but they might be there.

I finished 3 of the 4 DLC for Fallout New Vegas with just Lonesome road to finish and I am really enjoying them so far.

Started with Honest Hearts. This one was ok. A nice bit of story/lore with some good characters. Overall its the worst of the three I have played, IMO.

Next was Old World Blues. This one was a riot. I laughed through almost all of the dialog, especially enjoyed the maniacal toaster, and really enjoyed the various bits of lore that came through. Very enjoyable except for the dang robo scorpions, grrrr!

I then moved on to Dead Money. I liked the premise of this one and the early scramble for equipment. Overall the ambience was very creepy and enjoyable. It also added some nice bits to the overall lore of New Vegas and really brought some loose ends together. The only thing I really really really hated was the stupid radios and speakers. So frustrating.

I have always enjoyed the Fallout games(granted started with 3, so sort of a newbie here) and these 4 DLCs really brought the world of New Vegas to light once more for me. Great games.

Just finished the new Walking Dead episode. I really love this series and all, but for a game that's marketed as giving you free reins over the narrative, there sure are a lot of constraints. It's like your choices don't really matter at all in the long run. You can do this or that, which might provoke a comment or two from different people, but in the long run, the whole overall story remains the same. I get it, the story needs to have focus, but all the narrative constraints have been very infuriating to me, especially this episode.

I don't want to be a part of a flock of sheep all my life.

Finished the lastest episode of walking dead and I'd say its a solid follow-up and continuation. It had funny moments and good emotional ones. Also introduced some new interesting characters

shame that all the the 500 days people have turned into assholes or carver's thugs though

Though it was odd that in this one for the first time in a while I was in the minority when it came to most the decisions

Archived