Reaction to a Statue [Book Spoilers]

Lord Damian

I liked it a lot. It was very much in character for Joffrey to commission a statue that soon after the Red Wedding. His vanity is second only to his mother. He truly believes that he was the one who killed Robb Stark. Just look at his exchange with Tywin regarding Robert's Rebellion. He thinks he is his "father's" son, the warrior who saved the Seven Kingdoms.

My apologies. It was my intention to make the point by point connection. The incident with Joffrey and Nymeria . Leading to the advice from Cersei that I quoted to the statue and Joffrey's "truth". Which then transitioned to the scene with Joffrey standing similar to the statue and then making the claim that he won the war. Again Joffrey's "truth".

For me it all tied together nicely and it gave me the feeling that Joffrey is taking the victory as his own. Since the Starks are the ones that made made him feel vulnerable and weak. They actually saw him for what he is.

It's personal for him. It's funny that he is so insecure about it that he goes so far as to have that statue made.

I love your analysis.

I'd love if when Tyrion escapes in the finale he walks past it and takes a piss on it. I think I'd literally burst into laughter. Just a final 'F you' to Joffrey.

Hmmm, maybe Sansa gets to knock it down while she's fleeing? Then, Tyrion can come upon the crumbled remains and piss on it?

I'd love if when Tyrion escapes in the finale he walks past it and takes a piss on it. I think I'd literally burst into laughter. Just a final 'F you' to Joffrey.

Yes, this needs to happen! :lmao:

I think they have more in store for the statue other than just being a display of Joffrey being a douche. Perhaps, it won't be until next season or the last season- when we've all but forgotten Joffrey- but something has to happen to that statue, surely? My fingers are crossed..

What's up with all the Joffrey hate? I think he is badass. Kings need to be ruthless and back then, when they had no TV and other stuff to distract people, they had to have severe public punishments. I only hope that one of the episodes this season ends with a shot of Margeary all shot up with crossbow bolts (like that redhead chick last season). I think both she and her sick aunt are weak and have no place near the iron throne. Also, Joff should kill his mother because she is totally out to control him.

Archived