Reaction to a Statue [Book Spoilers]

Lord Damian

I actually took the statue to be the fight against the direwolf Nymeria in season one. The line you quoted is exactly what Cersei says after she explains the story is going to be what he said happened. Not what actually did happen.

Oh, gosh I forgot about that! The only encounter he's actually had with a Direwolf is when he got bitten and cried like a little girl....but yeah, of course he can hunt them. :lmao: :lmao:

Here's a picture of the Statue and then his pose right after-

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/joffrey-statue-650x364.jpg

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/n2WFs1wAvGI/0.jpg

I don't think it looked that old.

I feel as though they added the statue to make it seem like Joffrey is here to stay.

Actually, the Unsullied over at PTV have been positing that the statue means just the opposite. They note that we haven't seen any statues of people throughout the series, except for statues of dead people--Baelor, and the statues of dead Starks in the crypt at Winterfell.

I actually took the statue to be the fight against the direwolf Nymeria in season one. The line you quoted is exactly what Cersei says after she explains the story is going to be what he said happened. Not what actually did happen.

My apologies. It was my intention to make the point by point connection. The incident with Joffrey and Nymeria . Leading to the advice from Cersei that I quoted to the statue and Joffrey's "truth". Which then transitioned to the scene with Joffrey standing similar to the statue and then making the claim that he won the war. Again Joffrey's "truth".

For me it all tied together nicely and it gave me the feeling that Joffrey is taking the victory as his own. Since the Starks are the ones that made made him feel vulnerable and weak. They actually saw him for what he is.

It's personal for him. It's funny that he is so insecure about it that he goes so far as to have that statue made.

Great stuff! Him standing over a defeated wolf (call-out to his brush with Nymeria and Cercei's words "the truth will be what you say it is") is perfect.

I didn't catch that it was a wolf the first time around; I assumed they posed him over a boar such as the one that killed his "father". But wolf of course is much better.

I definitely didn't see the wolf on the first viewing, wow. Too bad he didn't actually have to face a direwolf again in real life, that would've really been something to watch - "Stop - I am the King! You cannot eat me! NO, you cannot bite my throa....."

Same goes for Tywin. Dude really should have been faced down with poor little Arya, while Nymeria and a couple dozen on her minions materialize from the woods behind her. Nymeria then pounces and pins Tywin down, while she kills him with a slow, smooth neck stab.

Too bad they both got the old "poison and death from a direct relative" treatment.

It was the best part of the episode. Gonna miss the little critter.

Same here. Love to hate this wee shit.

I didn't notice a wolf though, somehow it looked more like a bear to me :blushing: Still, nearly fell off the sofa laughing.

I actually paused and rewatched the scene several times. It was so funny.. Especially when they transitioned to him doing the exact same pompous-ass pose in real life. I also loved the little details on the statue: the king's favourite crossbow, his absurdly small asshole-y crown, him stepping down on the wolf. Obviously he thought they made him look grand and fearsome.

I would love a Tommen proudly holding Ser Pounce statue.

I love this idea! :D

After I wiped a couple of tears from my eyes, my first thought was, "Sheesh, that's a pretty small direwolf. For shame, Joff...I thought it would be the size of a horse!"

Then I just hated on him for the rest of his scenes (the poor actor).

Archived