Reaction to a Statue [Book Spoilers]

Lord Damian

What did you guys/gals think of that statue of the bastard king? I hate the constant slapdown, in your face crap done to the Starks by the Lannisters and we have not even seen Roose Bolton yet. That statue though was so visually sickening and infuriating it is good the actor that plays Joff is accross the pond. No, but seriously. The shows producers and directors are remarkable for this "added" image. They are really setting the table (heh, heh) for things to come. Well done

I loved how they added the statue. It was both comical and anger invoking.

I seriously hope we see it smashed to pieces or at least beheaded later down the line...or even someone having a midnight stroll and drunken piss on it.

Yeah, Aegon or the Faith or whoever need to tear that thing down like Sadam Hussein's.

I think it would be a good symbol for the end of the Lannister reign, as Ice melting represented the Starks' demise

"Some day you'll sit on the throne and the truth will be what you make it."

Advice Joffrey took to heart. Plus his self inflated idea that he had anything to do with the red wedding.

The statue is both horrifying and comical. Joffrey probably loves it. He is a nut bar with extra nuts.

Was a very nice touch, and transitioning straight from the statue to actual Joffery displaying the same pose was a great example of the sort of little additions that this show really nails (another one was Tywin throwing Ice's wolf sheath into the fire).

"Some day you'll sit on the throne and the truth will be what you make it."

Advice Joffrey took to heart. Plus his self inflated idea that he had anything to do with the red wedding.

The statue is both horrifying and comical. Joffrey probably loves it. He is a nut bar with extra nuts.

I actually took the statue to be the fight against the direwolf Nymeria in season one. The line you quoted is exactly what Cersei says after she explains the story is going to be what he said happened. Not what actually did happen.

It was hilarious. Exactly something that Joffrey would order to be made.

The best part of the statue was seeing Joffrey doing the exact same pose in the very next scene.

Yep, this.

I would love a Tommen proudly holding Ser Pounce statue.

Oh, PLEASE D&D, make this happen!

There shouldn't have been moss on it. There could barely have been enough time to make the statue after the RW, much less for moss to grow on it.

True, the statue looked too old, like Lyanna's statue in the crypts of Winterfell.

Archived