Who Will Jon Fall in Love With?

Roddy the Ruin

Someone beat me to it :lol:

Not enough Jatin support in here!

Give it up! Jon likes the ladies!

He was pretty as a girl with his dark eyes, soft skin, and raven’s ringlets.

...Satin, a lithe and pretty youth...

Satin’s voice was sweet as song...

Satin was all grace...He did not like the way some of the queen’s knights were looking at his boytoy the steward ...

:love:

After Mace gets rejected by Faegon so he can marry Arianne and Dany has taken the throne after the second dance i wouldn't be surprised if he tried to marry Margaery to Jon if R+L=J is revealed lulz

Not to mention if/when his heritage becomes known he's gonna look like a damn good match to House Martell as well. I really could see Margaery or Arianne happening for political reasons, and hopefully love, (or at least friendship) coming later. It would also be another reason they've given Margaery so much vitality on the show; make her interesting and awesome and show how she could be a HUGE political asset as a wife and not just for her family. KH and ND would certainly look good together...

Of course, for dynastic purposes Shireen works as well, and again the show made her absolutely darling-and possibly set her up for involvement with dragons.

And Stannis WOULD consider Jon an acceptable son-in-law and his daughter would be Queen Consort to the Rightful King, an outcome he could live with.

Not enough Jatin support in here!

He was pretty as a girl with his dark eyes, soft skin, and raven’s ringlets.

...Satin, a lithe and pretty youth...

Satin’s voice was sweet as song...

Satin was all grace...He did not like the way some of the queen’s knights were looking at his boytoy the steward ...

:love:

I first read the theories, then read the book, and it could be true. He always adds some details on Satin when he comes up. And how did he know that Satin's hands were soft and that he combed perfume in his beard..

Why can't Jon be the next big lover in the series like Oberyn?

The vows (which he has already broken) prevent him from taking a wife. They can not prevent him from falling in love, only on acting on it.

If not Dany, then Val. Melisandre is too spooky, but maybe he'll learn to like it.

Nah to Mel. While Val would be cougar, Mel would be deep, deep Cougar. Pretty gross.

No one. Jon is dead.

You really should stop living in denial, people. It's sad.

The great GRRM himself admitted that Jon is still alive (or that he will be in TWoW). That said, I don't think he finishes the series alive, so I think this thread is hopeful at best.

Arianne. That will be fun.

Theirs would truly be a song of ice and fire.

If R+L=J I don't want him anywhere near Dany. I just feel like Jon would never go near someone he knows to be a really close blood relation, I think he is better than that. Having said that, GRRM has never shied away from incest.

Honestly, given GRRM's proclivities, I think he's no less likely for Dany or Sansa on this count.

Margaery's hoohah is more dangerous for Jon's health than the knives that stabbed him.

I personally would go with anyone but Val.

I think Margaery's hoohah is perfectly safe. It's more like neglecting Margaery's hoohah is not good for a would-be King's health. Let's go to the record:

1. Renly - avoided Margaery's hoohah, because he was scared of hoohahs.

2. Joffrey - avoided Margaery's hoohah, because he never met a hoohah he liked better than sadism.

3. Tommen - TBD, but probably still a year or two off from exploring M's H.

Jon is done with love forever. Not even Val can shake him out of this. It's why he'll never be king of anything - no possibility of kids. He'll be that weird, solitary, undead Ranger who always volunteers for the toughest jobs way north of the wall, and one day he'll just wander with Ghost into the Heart of Winter and never be heard from again, except in legend. He'll be the Black Walker. Cool, I just talked myself into a crackpot theory.

Personally I think Jon gets the, cinematic 'Boromir' type death battling the Last White Walker and they give each other mortal wounds. BUT if not, I really like your theory of him 'going Frodo', Jack London style.

Someone a little less bland and forgettable than Val hopefully.

Sorry Dayne, but my guess is Dany.

I completely disagree on this. I think Val is by far the most memorable of the options. She's the hottest, and the wildest. (Although I guess wildest is kinda by default.)

:D

Arianne!

Or....hmmm.....

Wylla Manderly?

Alysanne Mormont?

Elia Sand? (she's a bit like Arya so he may like her)

Seriously though, I am not sure a love match is in his future. Shireen is a possible match though, for political reasons, and love could grow there, you know when she is actually an adult.

Can't believe I forgot Wylla Manderly! She'd be a good choice.

I think it most likely Val.

I don't think it is Dany as they will likely meet towards the end of ADoS, and that is not enough time to start a relationship. Also, from the look of it, Dany has as bad a record for lovers and husbands as Margaery

I have to say, it's pretty gross to argue in support of a ship between X and Y characters by saying that X totally looks or behaves like or possesses similar traits as Y's beloved immediate family member. Jon is a Targ, so it's not completely off base, but ugh, can we not?

I think Margaery and Arianne will be dead long before Jon even enters the political picture, and I think Val's a red herring. My money's on Dany or Sansa, if anyone (probably Dany over Sansa).

I'm trying to figure what would be more messed-up: Jon marrying his aunt, marrying someone who's the spitting image of his dead mother and with whom he's had a close sibling relationship, or marrying someone who's the spitting image of the woman who resented and even despised him? Freud would have a field day with that mess.

I don't think it is Dany as they will likely meet towards the end of ADoS, and that is not enough time to start a relationship.

If they're marrying for political expediency to form a political alliance that will be the reigning couple to close out the books, who needs time? Dany married Drogo in record time with no "relationship" to speak of.

I don't see anything ruling out Dany and Jon meeting earlier than the end of ADOS, though, and the whole Otherpocalypse thing would probably lend urgency to any liaisons happening around that time.

Also, from the look of it, Dany has as bad a record for lovers and husbands as Margaery

So? Jon's not necessarily going to live out the books. Just because they hook up, fall in love, or marry doesn't mean that they'll long survive doing so. In fact, in these books, finding true love usually means that something horrible is going to happen to one or both of the lovers.

I first read the theories, then read the book, and it could be true. He always adds some details on Satin when he comes up. And how did he know that Satin's hands were soft and that he combed perfume in his beard..

Why can't Jon be the next big lover in the series like Oberyn?

Indeed. Wasted potential, if you ask me.

Indeed. Wasted potential, if you ask me.

It's downright discriminatory. The queens indulge in same-sex dabbling--Cersei, Dany, probably Margaery--but a potential king like Jon doesn't get to partake?

If they're marrying for political expediency to form a political alliance that will be the reigning couple to close out the books, who needs time? Dany married Drogo in record time with no "relationship" to speak of.

I don't see anything ruling out Dany and Jon meeting earlier than the end of ADOS, though, and the whole Otherpocalypse thing would probably lend urgency to any liaisons happening around that time.

Why would Jon need to marry her? If he is the rightful Targaryen heir than she would be bound to follow him regardless. Dany's marriage to Drogo was a matter of months in arranging while Dany and Jon would be just meeting with no marriage contract so speak.

Dany will be preoccupied in the south with the second Dance of Dragons while Jon will be busy at the Wall. Dany likely won't be going north until ADoS.

So? Jon's not necessarily going to live out the books. Just because they hook up, fall in love, or marry doesn't mean that they'll long survive doing so. In fact, in these books, finding true love usually means that something horrible is going to happen to one or both of the lovers.

I advise using the edit button next time. :) Jon is foreshadowed to sit the IT in the end, so he will survive the series unless a 100+ year-old Bran has the Epilgoue while Dany has clues pointing towards her not surviving the series.

Why would Jon need to marry her?

Any number of reasons beyond the scope of this thread.

If he is the rightful Targaryen heir than she would be bound to follow him regardless. Dany's marriage to Drogo was a matter of months in arranging while Dany and Jon would be just meeting with no marriage contract so speak.

The point was that there need not be a long gap between meeting and marriage, narratively. There could easily be a mini-timeskip between Jon and Dany's meeting and a marriage, in any event. GRRM has alluded to there being mini-timeskips (with individual POV chapters covering longer time periods) beyond TWOW in an interview.

Dany will be preoccupied in the south with the second Dance of Dragons while Jon will be busy at the Wall. Dany likely won't be going north until ADoS.

Again, ADOS is a long book. A lot can happen over the course of one book, and the Otherpocalypse is likely to accelerate any courtships or liaisons with it being the end of the world and all.

Jon is foreshadowed to sit the IT in the end

He's foreshadowed to become king, true, but who's to say it will stick? Joffrey became king, once, too. If he gets resurrected or healed through magical means, he's likely on borrowed time just as Stoneheart and Beric were. The series won't end with a zombie king on the IT.

That's not to say that I think that Jon is doomed, merely that it's not a sure thing that he will live. And even if he DOES live, that doesn't rule out Jon/Dany in some form. He could hook up with or even marry Dany and then survive her, or he could wind up ruling with Dany (the Prom King and Queen of Westeros outcome, LOL).

Dany has clues pointing towards her not surviving the series.

Agreed, but this doesn't mean Dany/Jon won't happen. Your speculation has been, if I recall, that Dany will die bearing Tyrion's child. If she's going to die bearing anyone's child, surely it's going to be Jon's. Blah blah blah blue rose vision, blah blah blah mount to love, blah blah blah preventing the extinction of the Targaryen male line (something only Jon can do if he's legitimate, since Aegon is unlikely to live long enough to father heirs).

Jon is done with love forever. Not even Val can shake him out of this. It's why he'll never be king of anything - no possibility of kids. He'll be that weird, solitary, undead Ranger who always volunteers for the toughest jobs way north of the wall, and one day he'll just wander with Ghost into the Heart of Winter and never be heard from again, except in legend. He'll be the Black Walker. Cool, I just talked myself into a crackpot theory.

I like it! But before he goes north I wanna see him kill Dany. Just have him walk into the throne room and gut the bitch, yeh awesome.

The point was that there need not be a long gap between meeting and marriage, narratively. There could easily be a mini-timeskip between Jon and Dany's meeting and a marriage, in any event. GRRM has alluded to there being mini-timeskips (with individual POV chapters covering longer time periods) beyond TWOW in an interview.

I don't see what purpose it would serve. They are foils to one another, so I don't see them hitting it off anytime soon.

He's foreshadowed to become king, true, but who's to say it will stick? Joffrey became king, once, too. If he gets resurrected or healed through magical means, he's likely on borrowed time just as Stoneheart and Beric were. The series won't end with a zombie king on the IT.

Except someone has to be the king in the end, and clean up the mess everyone else made in the Wo5K and DoD 2.0. Jon has been foreshadowed to be king throughout the series, and I don't see the point of him sitting the IT breifyl. Who is else would there be to dispute his claim? Except I don't think it points to Jon being resurrected via Beric and UnCat as that would be trite, that trick has already been used twice. Besides, GRRM said Jon isn't dead, and he doesn't do full-scale resurrections.

That's not to say that I think that Jon is doomed, merely that it's not a sure thing that he will live. And even if he DOES live, that doesn't rule out Jon/Dany in some form. He could hook up with or even marry Dany and then survive her, or he could wind up ruling with Dany (the Prom King and Queen of Westeros outcome, LOL).

I don't think Jon will die, and Jon doesn't do incest, especially with the wildling influence.

Agreed, but this doesn't mean Dany/Jon won't happen. Your speculation has been, if I recall, that Dany will die bearing Tyrion's child. If she's going to die bearing anyone's child, surely it's going to be Jon's. Blah blah blah blue rose vision, blah blah blah mount to love, blah blah blah preventing the extinction of the Targaryen male line (something only Jon can do if he's legitimate, since Aegon is unlikely to live long enough to father heirs).

What clues are there to the child possibly being Jon's? Jon doesn't need to marry Dany to prevent the extinction of House Targaryen as any trueborn child he had would be a Targaryen. There is also the issue of incest that I already mentioned. The clues point more strongly to Val than Dany as Jon's wife. The mounts didn't provide any visions, so there isn't any clue in that set pointing to Jon. I don't think bride of fire points to husbands, or Hizdahr would have been mentioned somewhere.

Archived