Who Will Jon Fall in Love With?

Roddy the Ruin

I think it most likely Val.

I don't think it is Dany as they will likely meet towards the end of ADoS, and that is not enough time to start a relationship. Also, from the look of it, Dany has as bad a record for lovers and husbands as Margaery

I agree, I think Dany will also be dead by ADOS.

I don't see what purpose it would serve. They are foils to one another, so I don't see them hitting it off anytime soon.

Why not? Jon, Dany, and Tyrion all have aspects mirroring or paralleling one another, and you've used the Tyrion/Dany parallels in the past to argue in favour of your belief that Dany will bear Tyrion's child. You must then surely acknowledge that the many, many Jon/Dany parallels--much stronger than the Dany/Tyrion parallels--could point even more strongly to a Jon/Dany marriage, affair, or hookup.

Except someone has to be the king in the end

Not necessarily. Who needs a king at all? The kings have made a botch of things. Too many dicks on the royal dance floor. Let's get some queens regnant up in here. There's a great fan theory that ASOIAF will end with women running shit, not the men: Sansa in the Vale or the North, Asha in the Iron Islands, Arianne in Dorne, etc. etc. That scenario would leave Jon out.

and clean up the mess everyone else made in the Wo5K and DoD 2.0

Again, there are ways to do that don't require a ruler with a penis...or even which require a united seven kingdoms. We don't even know at this point whether there will be an Iron Throne at the end, so isn't it a little premature to insist that not only will there be one but Jon is GUARANTEED to be the one occupying it? Seems a bit hasty.

Jon has been foreshadowed to be king throughout the series, and I don't see the point of him sitting the IT briefly

You might not see the point of it, but that has more to do with your lack of imagination than the likelihood of it happening. :D This discussion is kind of outside the bounds of this thread, though. All I'm saying is that it's not certain that Jon will be king at the end of the series, nor that he'll survive it. Unless you're prepared to out yourself as GRRM, you have no business stating either is GOING to happen and that no other scenario is possible.

Except I don't think it points to Jon being resurrected via Beric and UnCat

He's not going to be resurrected via Beric and UnCat, them not being in the vicinity, but it seems possible that magic will used to bring him back from...whatever (ice coma, what have you). If resurrected or revived through magical means, it seems unlikely he'll wind up in charge of things at the end of the books. As with the other resurrectees, he could very well Come Back Wrong, which would, again, make him a poor candidate for long-term kingship, even if it makes him precisely the kind of king you want when facing down a magical zombie army.

I don't think Jon will die, and Jon doesn't do incest, especially with the wildling influence.

Well, you might not think Jon will die, but that's no reason to rule anything out at this point. Also, the seeds have been planted for an aunt/nephew marriage, through the introduction Aegon's plan of marrying his supposed aunt; I think GRRM is "priming" us for another aunt/nephew...well, maybe not marriage, but "liaison" of some kind.

What clues are there to the child possibly being Jon's?

Blue rose in wall of ice + mount to love (unless you really think she's going to fall in love with Tyrion, which seems exceedingly unlikely) + prophecy that suggests Dany will die in childbirth = Jon's child, possibly

Jon doesn't need to marry Dany to prevent the extinction of House Targaryen as any trueborn child he had would be a Targaryen.

Sure, but again, if Dany's going to die bearing anyone's child, there's really nobody except Jon at this point who seems like a possible candidate.

The clues point more strongly to Val than Dany as Jon's wife.

Val took herself out of the running as endgame wife/mate material the minute she flipped her shit about Shireen.

The mounts didn't provide any visions, so there isn't any clue in that set pointing to Jon.

Again, if mounts correspond to husbands, and she loves the last one she marries, Jon seems like the only possible viable candidate at this point.

I agree, I think Dany will also be dead by ADOS.

So if Dany happens to get to Westeros by the end of WoW, you think he will have built her up for all this time to spend just a few chapters in Westeros before dying? Doesn't seem likely to me. Like it or not Dany haters, she's likely to be around until almost the very end of ADoS.

So if Dany happens to get to Westeros by the end of WoW, you think he will have built her up for all this time to spend just a few chapters in Westeros before dying? Doesn't seem likely to me. Like it or not Dany haters, she's likely to be around until almost the very end of ADoS.

Agreed. If Dany dies at all--and it's not a given that she will--it will be no earlier than the climax of ADOS. Deal with it. :D

Val, fo sho... :commie: :commie: :commie:

i ship Jon with anybody so long as he het poonanny

just that i would rather jon die than see(read) him becoming king. He should just stay at the wall and do his duty

my post in the "crow who will be king" thread

pretty much im the biggest hypocrite ever :dunno:

Val took herself out of the running as endgame wife/mate material the minute she flipped her shit about Shireen.

What if Val's comment about Shireen turns out to be horribly right? Then that proves in my opinion that Shireen will not survive.

And I believe the parallels only points to divergent paths, not lovey-dovey romance. I believe GRRM is using Dany to show how war can make beasts out of normally reasonable people, and to show how pride may end up making people fall faster than they think they can.

What if Val's comment about Shireen turns out to be horribly right?

So what? Robert was right about Dany. Doesn't mean his attitude towards Dany wasn't a huge black mark against his character.

Then that proves in my opinion that Shireen will not survive.

It could mean both that she won't survive and that Val is not wife material. One does not negate the other.

And I believe the parallels only points to divergent paths, not lovey-dovey romance.

Could be either, is all I'm saying.

I believe GRRM is using Dany to show how war can make beasts out of normally reasonable people, and to show how pride may end up making people fall faster than they think they can.

Maybe, maybe not. We'll see. It's too early to tell at this stage. We'll probably get a clearer picture after TWOW.

What if Val's comment about Shireen turns out to be horribly right? Then that proves in my opinion that Shireen will not survive.

We know she's not right. Jon tried to explain to her Shireen was no danger to anyone else, but Val's ignorance, and cruelty stopped her from understanding.

We know she's not right. Jon tried to explain to her Shireen was no danger to anyone else, but Val's ignorance, and cruelty stopped her from understanding.

Actually I think Greyscale and the Stone Men has a connection with the Others. Both thrive in cold, damp and harsh conditions, and the fact that the legend of the Shrouded Lord is hinting at something sinister, especially if the legend that making him laugh will grant you a boon turns out to be true. But I have a hunch that this boon may also cost you something, and it also can be related to greyscale.

I think Val's comment is actually foreshadowing Shireen's death, and also hints that greyscale may have supernatural origins.

We know that how? Because the Maesters said so? The same Maesters that said Greensight doesn't exist, that magic doesn't exist, and have been so glaringly WRONG about so many other things.

Val is almost certainly CORRECT about Shireen's greyscale.

And I don't even like Val.

Archived