Doran Martell

TheImp2014

Yup. But he's done it before....

"Hello. My name is Doran Martell. You killed my brother. Prepare to fry." (by dragon)

ETA: Pascal's Chilean. D&D are open to non-Brits, I guess, especially where Dorne is concerned.

I'm fully expecting them to cast Latin American actors for most Martell roles. They will want to be consistent in look/accent with Pedro pascal's portrayal of Oberyn.

Arabic accent and Castillan spanish accents can be quite similar sounding, so they can cast middle-eastern, but also Oberyn is very travelled he doesnt have to sound like every other Dornish person. Id much rather they just the actor to do basic vocal work and change. Pedro didnt anything difficult like rolling 'R's or anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqz_l7FupzE

I just hope theyre not limiting themselves to Latin-American actors, as they chose Indira Varma for Ellaria Sand (albeit not a Martell), there's a lot of talent out there, and many have hopes for Oded Fehr and Alexander Siddig.

I love Alexander Siddig for Doran, but the fact he's a Star Trek alumnus got me thinking, what is Robert Beltran doing these days? He played Commander Chakotay on Voyager and could definitely get the gouty look, considering he would be more prone to getting a little chubby than Siddig, which is how I always pictured Doran, in his chair with his gout...

ETA: He also has a HBO connection, was a recurring character on Big Love.

I love Alexander Siddig for Doran, but the fact he's a Star Trek alumnus got me thinking, what is Robert Beltran doing these days? He played Commander Chakotay on Voyager and could definitely get the gouty look, considering he would be more prone to getting a little chubby than Siddig, which is how I always pictured Doran, in his chair with his gout...

ETA: He also has a HBO connection, was a recurring character on Big Love.

I have to concede Robert Beltran is a good shout.

He's very close to how i imagined Doran to look like!

When the powers that be gave him some decent material in Voyager, he was pretty damn good as well. Able to portray the outward vulnerability that hides inner strength that Doran needs. He needs to seem like a strong willed man who is trapped in his body.

When the powers that be gave him some decent material in Voyager, he was pretty damn good as well. Able to portray the outward vulnerability that hides inner strength that Doran needs. He needs to seem like a strong willed man who is trapped in his body.

:thumbsup:

Ben Kingsley. Might be a bit too famous and a little old, but I think he would make a great Doran.

my thought too

The obvious choice for playing Doran, the older brother of Oberyn Martell - Mandy Patinkin. :drunk:

Since non book readers keep saying "Hello, My Name is Oberyn Martell, You killed My Sister, Prepare to Die" I think Patinkin would be great as Doran, to the older brother to an older version of Inigo Montoya.

http://www.tvweek.com/blogs/tvbizwire/mandy-patinkin.jpg

talk about meta casting:)

Archived