(SHOW & BOOK SPOILERS) TV Character Death Predictions

shiola

I'm still afraid they'll kill Grey Worm by the Sons of the Harpy, instead of Stalwart Shield. ):

They allready killed two of Danys servants that are still alive in books so Grey Worm isn't so safe.

I would choose the Wardlings. They hardly have a bigger role later in the books.

As for major characters they said that they will KILL only the ones that don't matter so there is small chance for dead Jorah :/

if only they had killed off bran somewhere so we wouldn't have to go through the most boring storyline ever AGAIN

Sure, why not kill off a character that is likely to have a major role in the upcoming events. Also, Bran's chapters are among the most mesmerizing in the series, in my opinion.

Sure, why not kill off a character that is likely to have a major role in the upcoming events. Also, Bran's chapters are among the most mesmerizing in the series, in my opinion.

The issue with Bran is that most of his struggles are internal and much of the exciting events are told through backstory. This doesn't work as well on screen.

Last episode ("Breaker of Chains") plenty of us predicted that the kid whose father Ygritte killed with the first shot would be the one to end her. In the current episode "Oathkeeper" the moment he (Now named Guymon) mentioned his impressive archery skills, we were practically assured on this outcome. He's a Chekhov's archer waiting to happen.

Not sure how I feel about this though. It may make Ygritte's death too satisfying with the touch of justice instead of sad. However conflicted emotions and loyalties within the audience are some of the things that draws many of us to the series.

Here's my chronological list of who will die and (maybe) where - maybe.

1. Rickon Stark (if he isn't already dead), Skagos - eaten by wildlings/Osha
  2. Littlefinger, the Vale - killed by Sansa (& maybe Sweet Robbin/Harry the Heir)
  3. Stannis Baratheon, Dragonstone - killed by Lady Melisandre who defects to Dany
  4. Daenerys Targaryen (& her peoples?), King's Landing/Storm's End/Dragonstone - killed by her nepthew, Aegon whilst they are about to be wed
  5. Tommen Lannister-Baratheon & Margery Lannister-Baratheon neé Tyrell, King's Landing - killed by Varys/High Sparrow (who frame Cersei)
  6. Birenne of Tarth, Riverlands/Vale - killed by the Brotherhood without Banners/Catelyn Stark as Sansa is presumed to be dead
  7. Osha, Skagos/North - killed by Brandon Stark / Summer direwolf
  8. Aegon - killed by someone! Arya or Jaime (known as Aegon 'the Bastard' or 'the Kinslayer')
  9. Myrcella Lannister-Baratheon, King's Landing - killed by Dornish armies (Dark Star) en-route to King's Landing?
  10. Arriane Martell - killed by Cersei Lannister (who blamed her for Myrcella's death)
  11. Edmund Tully & his wife, Lannisport - killed by the command of Cersei, she feared Sansa would recapture him (?)
  12. Cersei & Jaime Lannister, Casterly Rock strangle each-other to death, Casterley Rock (after siege by Tyrion & Sansa & the Iron Bank of Braavos, Cersei dies as 'she didn't pay her debts'). Dies at the hands of BOTH her little brothers...
  13. Sweet Robbin, Vale - killed by Tyrion & Sansa Lannister (as a Lannister always pays his debts)

-- Tyrion Lannister and Sansa Lannister neé Stark crowned King and Queen of Westeros, Brandon Stark given the North, the 'Dark Fish' given the Riverlands, Vale is given to the clans of the Vale (end) --

I don't know, Arya will no doubt kill some people, and maybe Sweet Robbin will kill Sansa and/or Littlefinger. Anyway - Dany is close to being killed off, she will never become Queen of Westeros and be forever known as 'the dead' or 'the slow' or something.

Why?

Cersei's prophecy.

Dany is moral but she lacks the wit and the strength to become queen, she is too reluctant.

That's all a book prediction! Sorry ahahha!

Many of these "predictions" seem more hopeful to some than likely to happen.

In the NO THEY WON'T category are:

-Rickon

It's being heavily implied in the books that Rickon will become the Stark in Winterfell, even if he is the last one

-Podrick

This is just absurd. If they kill of Podrick, then the brotherhood will have nobody to hold a hostage against Brienne. And I doubt they'd bring in such a minor character like Ser Hyle Hunt.

-Bronn

Really? The reasoning for this is so Bronn can't champion for Tyrion. Bronn didn't champion for him in the books. Not because he was dead. But because he didn't want to fight the Mountain (I can't remember if he was bribed)

-Sandor

Just because we don't know what happened to him! does not mean he has to be killed! He can just disappear for a season or two. Of course, this does depend on his fate being explained in the books

-Jorah

You can't say he isn't needed or will just leave for Volantis out of the blue. Dany needs to find out (in some way) that she has been betrayed by who she thought was her most trusted advisor. Then, his walk of redemption begins.

In the YES, THEY WILL DIE SO GET OVER IT category are:

-Oberyn

-Beric (doubt we'll see it onscreen though)

-Shae (don't even bother with your "too dark" excuses here)

Others, I can't be sure about. For example, YarAsha, Alliser Thorne, Pyp (might replace Dareon), Grenn, etc.

Last episode ("Breaker of Chains") plenty of us predicted that the kid whose father Ygritte killed with the first shot would be the one to end her. In the current episode "Oathkeeper" the moment he (Now named Guymon) mentioned his impressive archery skills, we were practically assured on this outcome. He's a Chekhov's archer waiting to happen.

Not sure how I feel about this though. It may make Ygritte's death too satisfying with the touch of justice instead of sad. However conflicted emotions and loyalties within the audience are some of the things that draws many of us to the series.

Guymon was his father's name. The kid is Olly. And yeah, it seems a given that he'll be the one to out Ygritte.

-Bronn

Really? The reasoning for this is so Bronn can't champion for Tyrion. Bronn didn't champion for him in the books. Not because he was dead. But because he didn't want to fight the Mountain (I can't remember if he was bribed)

Well, it seems a given also that Bronn will accompany Jaime in the Riverlands when he leaves the capital. I even wonder if he'll go with Jaime when Brienne comes back and tells him to follow him.

Anyway, in the show, I think the list of upcoming deaths would be :

- Karl / Rast (maybe Locke ?) - episode 5.

- Oberyn, Sandor wounded, Mountain wounded. - episode 8.

- Ygritte, Thorne, Styr (maybe Grenn) - episode 9.

- Lysa, Tywin, Shae (maybe Slynt) - episode 10.

I dont think they'll kill one of the Reeds, I'm quite sure they both still have a role to play.

Missandei or Grey Worm ? Killing Missandei would be a mistake imo, she's gonna be one of the only character Dany will have to interract sincerly onwards.

Grey Worm could be killed in the show but I definitly wouldnt bet on it.

Lysa - she will be pushed off of the moon door by Sansa & LF who will frame a singer for this. Lysa will be threatened by Sansa after LF kisses her.

The end of the series will be that LF only ever loved one woman "Cat" and then he will push her off and shout to the guards and accuse a singer for this, Sansa will back him under the guise of LF's base-born daughter, Alyane Stone.

I would see Grey Worm less likely than Missandei, to be honest, especially once the language thing with all the characters is all sorted. It's just a gut feeling.

I agree with the theory that Shae might be replacing Tysha. Tywin is a goner, but they will make the most of Charles Dance on the day of his departure. It would mess up the plot too much if he didn't. Podrick is gonna be spared, fans love him too much. And Oberyn will be just the season's star that lasts 8-9 episodes just like Ned.

Not sure about Jojen though. It might go a little bit quicker in the show.

I'm just waiting to see whether they kill Sandor off definitively (in which case the following discussion threads will be delicious), or have Arya leave him for dead like in the book.

I would see Grey Worm less likely than Missandei, to be honest, especially once the language thing with all the characters is all sorted. It's just a gut feeling.

I'd really like Dany to keep one female companion. It's already a real dude fest in Meereen as it is.

Archived