(SHOW & BOOK SPOILERS) TV Character Death Predictions

shiola

For a while I was really hoping they were going to kill Loras off, but since he's the heir, that probably won't happen. Which is a shame--I'm tired of seeing him butchered.

At this rate, anyone is really up for death. D&D and GRRM have both said that the show and the book are very different and may end up with different endings/important aspects, so you can't bank on the show revealing anything about what might happen in future books.

What about keeping Oberyn alive?

Right now I'm banking on Yara biting it, the way her arc looks to be going. It'd be redundant as hell to send her back to the Iron Islands or Deepwood Motte after undergoing this whole mission, and she's clearly not getting kidnapped by Stannis anytime soon. We also already have one major Greyjoy storyline going on as it is.

Losing both Balon and Yara could hypothetically awaken him at least somewhat from the reality-unconscious state he's in and help him deliver Kenning's mercy-death once he arrives at Moat Caitlin.

Nah', I think Yara is safe insofar as her character in the books is 'safe', for the time being. They don't need her back at the Iron Islands for Euron to be crowned king, nor for Victarion to be introduced, and there's too much dramatic potential to be had between Yara, Theon, and Ramsay to just end it with Yara dying as opposed to being captured by Stannis some time in season five.

I think Sweet Roibn is rather expendable.

No, he is definitely not. Lysa has no other son.

Most of the suggestions in this thread are absurd. The show runners and GRRM love to exaggerate the whole "killing characters who are still alive in the books!!!" thing, but who have they killed? Just a few background Dothraki with no development, who barely do anything in later books, and Robb's wife - a minor (and different) character in the books. Not anyone that people care about or that has a storyline or important dynamic with a main character.

And no, they're not going to leave your favorite character alive just because they're cool any more than they left Ned alive.

For a while I was really hoping they were going to kill Loras off, but since he's the heir, that probably won't happen. Which is a shame--I'm tired of seeing him butchered.

At this rate, anyone is really up for death. D&D and GRRM have both said that the show and the book are very different and may end up with different endings/important aspects, so you can't bank on the show revealing anything about what might happen in future books.

What about keeping Oberyn alive?

Would be so happy if they do that, doubt they would though. The only way i see them keeping him, is if they want the Martells to have a strong male presence in the show.

Would be so happy if they do that, doubt they would though. The only way i see them keeping him, is if they want the Martells to have a strong male presence in the show.

I think that would suck. Oberyn's popularity is mostly due to his spectacular demise, and keeping him alive would just be pure fan-service that would bring nothing to the plot.

If the show hadn't highlighted the fact that Doran is alive and (moderately) well, then maybe, just maybe, there'd be a slim chance that Oberyn would survive. But, no. (And besides, Oberyn's survival would have completely changed the stories for Tyrion, Tywin, Shae, Varys, Dorne, Jamie, and probably lots else. That's not a butterfly effect, that's a tornado picking up the game board.)

I think that would suck. Oberyn's popularity is mostly due to his spectacular demise, and keeping him alive would just be pure fan-service that would bring nothing to the plot.

Yeah they can't keep him alive, if he defeats the Mountain that kind of changes the entire story for Tyrion, Tywin, Shae, etc.

they're playing up the jealousy angle a lot, so perhaps her envy of Sansa - and resulting anger at Tyrion - will drive her to betray him?

Which leads me to believe she won't be killed by Tyrion then. It'd be too dark for show Tyrion.

They will kill of characters that aren't needed later on.

Sandor - his fate is ambigious in the books

Bronn - he's not needed after ASoS and him dying makes for a better explanation for Oberyn championing for Tyrion

Podrick?

Davos - if Rickon doesn't show up again

Rickon and Osha - if they aren't needed Ramsay might get them?

Sandor's fate is ambiguous because he may yet still have an important role to play

Bronn is needed in the tyrion arc to show that Tyrion is alone in his trial that even his "friends" will not help him

Podrick well Brienne needs somebody to hit the road with

Davos needs to be there to be Stannis's moral compass

and finally Rickon needs to hang around because he is the future King of he North well i hope he is.

No, he is definitely not. Lysa has no other son.

Most of the suggestions in this thread are absurd. The show runners and GRRM love to exaggerate the whole "killing characters who are still alive in the books!!!" thing, but who have they killed? Just a few background Dothraki with no development, who barely do anything in later books, and Robb's wife - a minor (and different) character in the books. Not anyone that people care about or that has a storyline or important dynamic with a main character.

And no, they're not going to leave your favorite character alive just because they're cool any more than they left Ned alive.

I agree. The suggestions are crazy. Anyone with a POV chapter in later books will NEVER be killed off early... ie YARA/Asha/Davos.

Rickon will be THE Stark at Winterfell and will continue the line. Bran is gone and will never return.

To steer this back...

When will they reveal/show Balon Greyjoy's death/murder? This will complete the big MEL/Stannis leach prophecy from Season 3. TWO is not THREE! AND also gets the "kraken" rolling toward the King's Moot, Euron, Victarion, Dragon Horn, etc.

I hope Oberyn's death is exactly like the book (head crush) not split in half as speculated on other threads.

on 1:06 on the far right you can see Tyrion's hair and below that his shoulder. He is the one who does the deed.

Really good catch thank you for sharing. I still think it's pretty dark for tv tyrion and I'm interested to see how they handle the whole thing because based off season 4 episode 2 clearly Shae loved him.

Please, not Dolorous Edd. Things won't be the same if he doesn't fetch the block...

Jon: "Locke! Fetch me a block!"

Locke: "Oh, all you lords and ladys... You think you're the smartest man there is and all you've too say is 'Locke, fetch me a..."

Jon: "Just fetch the goddamn block, ok???"

Locke: "Alright, alright." *grumpy*

Slynt: "No! You can't do this! I have friends in King's Landing! Important friends!!"

Locke: "Well, this is one shameful fucking performance."

Jon: "Locke! Fetch me a block!"

Locke: "Oh, all you lords and ladys... You think you're the smartest man there is and all you've too say is 'Locke, fetch me a..."

Jon: "Just fetch the goddamn block, ok???"

Locke: "Alright, alright." *grumpy*

Slynt: "No! You can't do this! I have friends in King's Landing! Important friends!!"

Locke: "Well, this is one shameful fucking performance."

:lmao:

"Save Edd 2014"

He is expendable but not in the way you think. He is expendable in the sense that he will likely never be seen again in the show, even when Lysa Arryn makes her brief return.

Besides the fact that this makes no sense (it's like saying Tommen is expendable for the King's Landing story), we already know you're wrong. Lino Facioli is in at least two episodes this season.

Archived