GOODKIND VIII: It's Not Terrorism If We Do It!

Werthead

:) If we want to get technical, it's a reference to the 70s kids' show "Simon in the Land of Chalk Drawings" but yeah, Mike Myers is da shiznit. Are you looking at my bum, you bum looker you?

Damn. Family Guy had an episode with a girl who spoke just like that. Turns out her name was Eliza, not Voylit.

I would guess that when WFR was written, Terry (BBNC) hadn't decided on the specifics of James' magic, and maybe figured that it was the sketch pad that was magic or something dumb like that. But of course, Richard is a War Wizard, and it has been said before that his gift can do just about anything, whether he knows how to do it or not.

I imagined that anything that James drew was somehow imbued with magic which could then be manipulated by anyone else even without magical ability... notice that Richard only erased things, he didn't draw them himself. It was still a "James-drawing." Richard being a War Wizard didn't have to come into it.

Of course, this means that if James drew a big black spot, anyone with an eraser could turn it into whatever they want. I suppose that that makes sense...

I imagined that anything that James drew was somehow imbued with magic which could then be manipulated by anyone else even without magical ability... notice that Richard only erased things, he didn't draw them himself. It was still a "James-drawing." Richard being a War Wizard didn't have to come into it.

Didn't he then draw James into the closing walls/sack and watch gleefully as he was crushed?

As Six and the commander were talking, Richard turned a little, feigning a stretch. In an instant, his hand was on the sword. In another instant the blade was free.

Having a weapon, a sword, in his hand, instantly flooded Richard with memories, forms, and skills he had spent long hours learning.

[...]

Richard swung, taking off an arm wielding an axe. The cry, the spray of blood, made the men nearby flinch. In that sliver of an instant, Richard made his move.

For the love of god will someone please buy the man a thesaurus.

So this drawing thing......the stick men have really detailed distinguising features like only one hand and that automatically focuses the magic on the right person? How do we know Richard didn't just simultaneously murder every single one-handed person in the world?

After learning that Terry Goodkind says that Fantasy is a dying genre I fear for those of you who are going to the Worldcon.

Imagine yourselves enjoying your time there with GRRM and other authors when suddenly Terry Goodkind enters, dressed in the black clothes of a War Author, flanked by two tall Objectivists. You know what will happen then?

He will dictate the terms of surrender for Fantasy and disband the genre. This after a six our speech, yes, six. The name of that witch in Phantom is no coincidence, it's a warning. At that point nobody will be able to resist.

Start stockpiling Fantasy books. The end is near.

For the love of god will someone please buy the man a thesaurus.

So this drawing thing......the stick men have really detailed distinguising features like only one hand and that automatically focuses the magic on the right person? How do we know Richard didn't just simultaneously murder every single one-handed person in the world?

I suppose that's entirely possible. But I would figure the magic of the drawing was somehow directed by Richard's omni-benevolent intent to kill just one guy.

After learning that Terry Goodkind says that Fantasy is a dying genre I fear for those of you who are going to the Worldcon.

Imagine yourselves enjoying your time there with GRRM and other authors when suddenly Terry Goodkind enters, dressed in the black clothes of a War Author, flanked by two tall Objectivists. You know what will happen then?

He will dictate the terms of surrender for Fantasy and disband the genre. This after a six our speech, yes, six. The name of that witch in Phantom is no coincidence, it's a warning. At that point nobody will be able to resist.

Start stockpiling Fantasy books. The end is near.

Black outfit. Outfit.

I'm cracking up because I can just see a bunch of overweight D&D nerds wrestling Goodkind to the ground while shouting "FANTASY LIVES! FANTASY LIVES!" Then Goodkind and Co. are led away by security and all the authors laugh The D&D nerds laugh. Everyone laughes.

Wizard's Second Rule: "The greatest harm can result from the best intentions."

It sure has!

Wizard's Fifth Rule: "Mind what people do, not only what they say, for deeds will betray a lie."

What was it again that Richard wanted his army to do?

Methinks Goodkind needs to look at his own rules some more.

So I saw that His Yeardedness listed "Landscape Painter" under Previous Employments. Has anyone seen any of his works or was that something he made up to seem even more like Hitler?

I must say that I would be very disappointed if he turned up to be as bad a painter as he is a writer; I would just be such a cliché. I hope there are some colourful paintings out there - named things like "Moral Clarity at Sunset" and "Ayn Rand at the River (Study in the Nude)" - for the world to enjoy.

After having to remember the bit that was James the Magic Artist, I couldn't help but think to myself, "Gee, I sure wish Harold and his Purple Crayon would make an appearance in his book - maybe he'll be the one to save Richard this time!". Then I about cried over the thought of that sort of slash fiction between one of my favorite children's books and....SoT :sick:

*gives thread CPR*

There hasn't been a reply for 45 minutes! What's wrong with you people?

After a week of Terry (BBNC) its only natural that those of us who spend a lot of time here take a while to prepare cocktails. We have to drink ourselves into a stupor of moral clarity, at least thats what I'm focussing on. Seem Werthead got the jump on all of us last night. Go Wert!

You know what really worries me? How someone will say, 'Hey Moose, could you post that bit where Kahlan almost gets raped and then realises that she had her Confessor powers all along and zaps her would-be rapist?' and then a while later, it's there.

Moose, you know all these books too well.

You know what really worries me? How someone will say, 'Hey Moose, could you post that bit where Kahlan almost gets raped and then realises that she had her Confessor powers all along and zaps her would-be rapist?' and then a while later, it's there.

Moose, you know all these books too well.

I find it rediculously easy to find stuff in those books. So little goes on in them. And for some reason, whenever Kahlan acts like the filthy whore she is, I do know exactly where it is. Strange I know. Besides, the parts that people request are usually the ones that stand out, both for them and me, so I start with a pretty good Idea of where they are. That, and I type pretty quick.

So no one thinks that this whole Viole(n)t being an Evil Objectivist, and using her "artistry" to take away people's freedoms versus Richard and his Art of Truth has any creedence?

I thought what with Yeardi's heavy-handed messages, this one sort of popped with typical TG obviousness, and lameness.

If you believe these books are a conspiracy that TG (BBHN) is writing just to show how inane Objectivism really is, then Violet passage makes perfect sense. Because the difference between good and evil is solely based on the individual person's perspective!

Like the Theory of Relativity, it all depends on your frame of reference. Violet is the hero of her own story and Richard is the villain. According to Objectivity they are both right

I'm actually focusing on that bastion of Morally Corrupt Librul Pansitude, the New York Publishing Industry. Yes, I have proofs that simply must make it into rounds today, or I will get flamed by my managing editor.

And THEN I have to drink.

:smoking:

That place is nasty. Here, drink first.

*hands Xray flask of whiskey*

Archived