Nitpick With Impunity S04 E02 Version

I really hated that Theon/Ramsay scene. In a realistic reek persona theon would have cut his own throat or cut Ramsay's

I thought that too, and still do. BUT! I think Theon is just afraid that if he killed Ramsay he would be subject to more torture. That doesn't make much sense though, if he has the razor, he could open up his own throat, and if he killed Ramsay he could just make the Bolton men kill him if he defended himself with the razor.

My issue is with Locke/Vargo Hoat. I guess it's a non issue issue but since Locke is taking Hoat's place, we can only assume that his demise will not take place the same way, especially seeing him entering the Dreadfort with Roose.

Anyone have any ideas or clues as to how Locke will meet his maker? If he even ever does?

Asha ;)

I thought that too, and still do. BUT! I think Theon is just afraid that if he killed Ramsay he would be subject to more torture. That doesn't make much sense though, if he has the razor, he could open up his own throat, and if he killed Ramsay he could just make the Bolton men kill him if he defended himself with the razor.

It's not like Reek in the books lacks the ability to kill himself. He could have thrown himself from the battlements at any point.

Re: saving Joffers with an emergency tracheotomy. It wouldn't have worked. There was no obstruction of the windpipe, as is stated in the novels, which proves that he was poisoned. The poison works by paralysing the windpipe, so no oxygen would have circulated to his system even if they'd punctured his throat.

LMAO!

I am pretty sure I saw it on Grey's Anatomy as well, all those years ago. :P

too bad they only use quills.

"Oh no, we can't safe Joffrey ! Stupid Maesters, why didn't you invent a ballpoint pen!?"

maesters: *mission accomplished. hohohohoho* :devil:

because, you know that army guy saved a guy with a pen through the throat ;)

Re: saving Joffers with an emergency tracheotomy. It wouldn't have worked. There was no obstruction of the windpipe, as is stated in the novels, which proves that he was poisoned. The poison works by paralysing the windpipe, so no oxygen would have circulated to his system even if they'd punctured his throat.

Emergency lung transplant ? There are ways, you know. :rolleyes:

They were just too lazy, them fuckers. Poor little fella.

I think Varys. Bronn specifically said, no one knows about it except you, me and Varys. Varys explicitly told him when push came to shove he would not go against Tywin or Cersei. Seems elementary, and then no need to turn Bronn into a betrayer when they don't have to.

What he said was that he wouldn't LIE to Tywin or Cersei. He was willing to go against them by keeping Shae a secret from them in the first place.

Sending Gilly and her baby south with Sam makes sense in the storyline of the show. Gilly is not a member of the Night’s Watch and has no business being at the wall during a battle. She’s a distraction, an extra mouth to feed, and a possible security risk. If these were normal times, she probably would have been sent to settle somewhere in the North. Since these are not normal times, sending her off with Sam makes as much sense as anything else.

Brienne’s scenes with everybody but Jaime this season come across as stilted to me. I know Brienne is awkward and unsure what to do with herself, and that’s coming across, but they’re not enjoyable scenes for me to watch.

Tyrion’s realization about the dagger and Bran’s assassin was one of my favorite points in the books, and it is disappointing that the show may never reveal that Joffrey sent the assassin, but I don’t see how it could possibly have worked on TV. For one thing, that played out in Tyrion’s head but in the show it would have to be dialogue. I could imagine Tyrion talking about it with Varys, but not at the wedding.

I was sad that Sansa didn’t murmur to Tyrion about the sword, but the show did show her reacting to it, as well as reacting to Joffrey’s comment about “cutting Ned’s head off every time he uses it”. I felt that show Sansa was aware that the sword had been created from Ned’s sword.

I really hope that Bolton uses the “rue the day” line at some point. It would have worked in this episode.

I must've missed that. You know which episode?

I don't remember the episode number, but he mentions it when he's mourning over Renly's body. He puts the blame soley on Stannis. I think Margaery is the one who mentions Brienne, and Loras is all 'nope had to be Stannis.'.

The windpipe is not a muscle, it's just a tube. It can't be paralyzed. Maybe the poison paralyzes the diaphragm, which controls breathing. But my understanding of the poison was that it closed ALL airways, including the ones in the lungs themselves.

Edit: Either way, the net effect is you're right. A tracheotomy wouldn't have helped Joffrey.

The dissolution of Tyrion and Shae was better than I thought it would be. So much whitewashing but they eventually had Tyrion nut up and finally get nasty to end the honeymoon phase. I don't like her crying though

Strange this is probably the first ep GRRM wrote that I don't like

The dissolution of Tyrion and Shae was better than I thought it would be. So much whitewashing but they eventually had Tyrion nut up and finally get nasty to end the honeymoon phase. I don't like her crying though

Strange this is probably the first ep GRRM wrote that I don't like

You're right. Shae crying seems totally out of character, even for show Shae.

Oh, forgot, now we finally saw Daenerys' dragon scene :D

All this freakout about it in the trailer, now we know.

Now we actually know more than from the books. She will come to KL. At least a dragon.

That scene was so amazing, the whole vision.

Not so sure about this being a spoiler, at all. Bran saw stuff from the past in that vision (Eddard).

That may very well be one of the Targaryen dragons of old (yes, Aegon also founded King's Landing in the show). And if/when Daenerys goes to KL, it will already be winter. That scene certainly does not look like it's winter in KL.

The burning of Axell Florent for religious reasons was ridiculous. I was not bothered by the change from Alester to Axell, but what bad could come of explaining that the guy was intent on bending the knee to Joffrey and that makes him a traitor who therefore should be executioned?

My biggest nitpick was that I felt like they rushed all of the scenes before the final purple wedding. Maybe it's just me over anticipating the famous death of Joffrey but all the other scenes felt rushed and somewhat scattered all over the place. I think they tried to cram too many different plots into that first 30 minutes and sadly some of them needed more detail.

The scene with Reek shaving Ramsay was probably the best of them all and the only one I felt wasn't rushed. It was perfection. The tension in the room at that moment the blade was paused on his jugular when Ramsay told him Robb Stark was dead....absolutely priceless.

Like many others, I didn't like the Stannis / Selyse / Melisandre scenes at all... they felt wrong, disjointed and confusing. I know the forums are going to explode with all the Stannis 'character assassination' threads, but my gads they did sorta muck up that whole story line in this one.

When the final scene came and Joffrey lay dead - I felt some disappointment. I'm not exactly sure why yet. I rewatched it and felt the actors all did a great job and even though the whole thing felt 'stilted' - that's fitting with how awkward and tense the entire thing was in the books as well. I can't really say why I was disappointed. Maybe I expected more drama from Cersei or others looking on while Joffrey choked to death. I will say the graphic way they did his face more than made up for a lot of my disappointment with the lead up to it.

I would have liked to see more details - food, props, scenery, etc. - I know it was a lavish production, but I felt like it went by too quickly. I think the episode should have been entirely about the wedding.

Oh, forgot, now we finally saw Daenerys' dragon scene :D

All this freakout about it in the trailer, now we know.

Now we actually know more than from the books. She will come to KL. At least a dragon.

That scene was so amazing, the whole vision.

watch yourself they dont like positive stuff about the show on this website

I have one question, because I don't know if I remember correctly.

In this episode there are a few references that the Lannisters have enormous debts. Not the Crown, the Lannisters!

I always thought that the Lannisters are richer than anyone in the Seven Kingdoms.

Did they have great debts in the books as well? I can't really remember.

I have one question, because I don't know if I remember correctly.

In this episode there are a few references that the Lannisters have enormous debts. Not the Crown, the Lannisters!

I always thought that the Lannisters are richer than anyone in the Seven Kingdoms.

Did they have great debts in the books as well? I can't really remember.

didn't the crown owe the Lannisters a shitload and the Iron Bank too ?

I think the Lannisters are good though. But not the crown.

You mean because of the Olenna comment on the meat pies?

didn't the crown owe the Lannisters a shitload and the Iron Bank too ?

I think the Lannisters are good though. But not the crown.

You mean because of the Olenna comment on the meat pies?

Ah, could be that I remember the scene of the show wrong. Have to watch it again real soon.

Archived