Nitpick With Impunity S04 E02 Version

I think Bronn is betrayed Tyrion and gave Shae to the Queen. Cause we know he's not going to champion Tyrion in his trial. However, the show has setup the Bronn/Tyrion relationship as a pretty close friendship. So the only way Bronn would NOT champion Tyrion is if he betrays him.

*Purple Wedding

-Tywin in 3 different shots smiling at the Dwarfs jousting then looking pissed off.

-When Joff collapses on the floor there's some random kingsguard knight behind Tyrion guarding a table or whatever the hell he's doing is beyond me.

-No one turning around when Joff pours wine on Tyrion.

*Stannis Scene

-I don't feel like he would be the person to complain about food when he survived a siege for months on rats.

-Everything just felt random, aren't they supposed to be gearing up for the Wall?

The Shae/Tryion thing bothered me. I know "show Shae" is very different from "book Shae" (she's an opportunist in the books, but it's a full-fledged love story in the show), but they seem to be trying to manipulate things so that Tryion can still kill Shae. And I don't see how that will work.

First, the whole breakup thing was a soap opera trope -- the hero cruelly breaks it off with his lady love in order to protect her from his ruthless enemies (anyone who has ever watched a daytime soap will know exactly what I'm talking about). Shae should have been smart enough to call Tyrion on it, but no -- she played her soapy role perfectly, by breaking down sobbing. Yikes!

Now I'm guessing Cersei's men have Shae in custody (the spy thing in last week's episode would have been pointless otherwise), and she'll be pressured into testifying against Tyrion. But would she really go so far as to cavort with Tywin for a gold necklace? Even if she's mad at Tyrion, she still loves him (in the show at least -- in the books, I totally believed her change of allegiance).

If Tyrion kills her -- after setting up her betrayal himself! -- I don't think I'll have much sympathy for him. The show hasn't really developed Tyrion's obsessive focus on Tysha and how he was played for a fool by his brother and his father (at least that's the story he has always belived). In the books, it's because of Tysha (who he thinks was a whore) that he never fully trusts Shae -- he is always reminding himself of who she is and what she does for a living. It's supposed to be Jaime's revelation that Tysha really was an innocent girl that prompts his murderous actions agains Tywin. I'm not sure that will fly here.

The show made the decision to turn the Tyrion/Shae relationship into a real romance, and now they're trying to come up with some pretext to allow Tyrion to kill her. There IS no pretext. And if he does kill her, it could undermine his character for non-readers.

-I don't feel like he would be the person to complain about food when he survived a siege for months on rats.

I think it was because he just roasted a man. Now he smells cooked meat.. Would get my stomach upset..

I think Bronn is betrayed Tyrion and gave Shae to the Queen. Cause we know he's not going to champion Tyrion in his trial. However, the show has setup the Bronn/Tyrion relationship as a pretty close friendship. So the only way Bronn would NOT champion Tyrion is if he betrays him.

I don't see how that's the "only way". He'll refuse to champion for Tyrion because, despite their friendship, he's still a selfish sellsword who will see himself in a better situation to avoid the duel altogether.

As far as betrayal goes, Bronn said he was followed; and he/they believe it was Varys because he was in on the plan. But we know that Tywin ordered Shae to be taken after Cersei pointed her out to him at the breakfast feast. So while Bronn thinks she safely on her way across the sea, I think it's a fair enough estimate to make that Cersei's men seized her before she got away.

Hey, they completely forgot about Loras and Brienne. They were both at the wedding. They seemed to forgot about him blaming her for Renly.

Show Loras already admitted in season 2 that Brienne couldn't have been responsible for Renly's death.

How could Ramsay trust Reek enough to razor shave his neck? Doesn't Reek want to die anyway? What has he to lose? All he has to do is slice Ramsay's neck and then death and an end to his suffering.

Yeah, I hated that scene as well. In the books I might have bought it, but the show has done such a poor job at breaking Theon down that it just doesn't feel like something he would do.

There is still plenty of time for a Loras and Brienne scene to happen. And what people forget that I miss : Jaime's entry in the White Book. But I am optimistic this will come.

Give the show some time. And allow changes. They keep so many dialogues word for word, it is sometimes as if you could just speak it yourself. And this book is now some years old, Martin may have wanted some changes himself, or thought what he could have done different or better.

If you want a 1:1 adaptation, go to a Faust play or Shakespeare. They usually keep everything.

The directors couldn't sell Jaime and Brienne being in King's Landing; I was willing to give the decision a chance, but the more I see the more I think it was a horrible idea. I understand it from a dramatic perspective at the end of last season, to give Jaime's story a sense of closure, but it feels like a lack of foresight and dawdling. They could have ended storyline with Jaime and Brienne riding into the sunset after the bear scene, or something.

The only decent scene to come out of this decision was Tryion and Jaime, which I do think was quite well done.

The directors couldn't sell Jaime and Brienne being in King's Landing; I was willing to give the decision a chance, but the more I see the more I think it was a horrible idea. I understand it from a dramatic perspective at the end of last season, to give Jaime's story a sense of closure, but it feels like a lack of foresight and dawdling. They could have ended storyline with Jaime and Brienne riding into the sunset after the bear scene, or something.

The only decent scene to come out of this decision was Tryion and Jaime, which I do think was quite well done.

I am going to be really annoyed...when after seeing Brienne chat with Jamie, Marg, and Cersei, but NOT Sansa....and hang around KL for a few weeks...all of a sudden AFTER Sansa disappears everyone will be all oh yeah, that oath...I must find Sansa, the girl I never bothered to speak......

I don't see how that's the "only way". He'll refuse to champion for Tyrion because, despite their friendship, he's still a selfish sellsword who will see himself in a better situation to avoid the duel altogether.

As far as betrayal goes, Bronn said he was followed; and he/they believe it was Varys because he was in on the plan. But we know that Tywin ordered Shae to be taken after Cersei pointed her out to him at the breakfast feast. So while Bronn thinks she safely on her way across the sea, I think it's a fair enough estimate to make that Cersei's men seized her before she got away.

I don't think Cersei/Tywin's men would've needed to be that stealthy to tail Bronn, wait till he's gone, then whisk Shae away. They would've just killed Bronn and taken Shae. And Varys is the one who arranged the ship, he wouldn't have needed to follow Bronn. He could've just waited for him at the ship. But I think you're right about Bronn refusing to champion Tyrion. That wouldn't necessarily be a betrayal.

as it is poison.. I don't know. It might have did the job anyway. But even if they would have been smart enough to open it, how would they stop the bleeding and the blood to enter his lunges? And how would he have lived afterwards..

"Let me through !! I am owner of the first season of Grey's Anatomy !! I know how to save my king !!"

LMAO!

I am pretty sure I saw it on Grey's Anatomy as well, all those years ago. :P

I don't think Cersei/Tywin's men would've needed to be that stealthy to tail Bronn, wait till he's gone, then whisk Shae away. They would've just killed Bronn and taken Shae. And Varys is the one who arranged the ship, he wouldn't have needed to follow Bronn. He could've just waited for him at the ship. But I think you're right about Bronn refusing to champion Tyrion. That wouldn't necessarily be a betrayal.

I think Varys. Bronn specifically said, no one knows about it except you, me and Varys. Varys explicitly told him when push came to shove he would not go against Tywin or Cersei. Seems elementary, and then no need to turn Bronn into a betrayer when they don't have to.

Archived