Nitpick With Impunity S04 E02 Version

Show Shae must be the most stupid person in the universe. Why the hell is she repeatedly refusing a life of luxury and leisure just so she could risk her life by sneaking around with Tyrion and being a maid most of the time? It just makes zero sense. Of course she will be back since she loves Tyrion, the God's gift to women according to the writers, so much. Kill me now.

Show Shae must be the most stupid person in the universe. Why the hell is she repeatedly refusing a life of luxury and leisure just so she could risk her life by sneaking around with Tyrion and being a maid most of the time? It just makes zero sense. Of course she will be back since she loves Tyrion, the God's gift to women according to the writers, so much. Kill me now.

Indeed. She must be. I can't understand anyone who finds this an improvement over the books, this dumbass has now refused a bag of diamonds and a house in Pentos and enough money to furnish it with servants forever. Cause she and Tyrion are going to team up against Tywin and Cersei, cause she luvs him, she really does.

And now what? She is sooo hurt that he called her a whore she turns on him?

I'm totally back, after a tiny window of belief they might have Tyrion kill her, that Tywin will do it, and this will then make his father killing TOTALLY justified for the audience.

I loved the episode, but they are making complicated, grey characters into simple black and white.

1. Loras - does everyone with homosexual inclinations in Westeros automatic hit on every other person with similar tendencies? Sigh. Stereotypical sex-crazed crappola with no depth or nuance.

2. Ramsey-Roose. Roose does not care that his bastard is a psychopath; he is one himself. He just takes issue with how flamboyant he is about it lol. And Ramsey desperately craving his father's acceptance is lame.

3. Stannis and crew. Just run-of-the-mill apocalyptic fundies? Really?

4. Shae. As mentioned above, thanks for the pathetic soap opera arc. Hard-ass, calculating survivor Shae is now Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. Wtf.

pure love. Not paid by money or diamonds. She truly loves him. According to your post you cannot accept that a person with dwarfism can be loved by a beautiful woman.

I loved the episode, but they are making complicated, grey characters into simple black and white.

1. Loras - does everyone with homosexual inclinations in Westeros automatic hit on every other person with similar tendencies? Sigh. Stereotypical sex-crazed crappola with no depth or nuance.

2. Ramsey-Roose. Roose does not care that his bastard is a psychopath; he is one himself. He just takes issue with how flamboyant he is about it lol. And Ramsey desperately craving his father's acceptance is lame.

3. Stannis and crew. Just run-of-the-mill apocalyptic fundies? Really?

4. Shae. As mentioned above, thanks for the pathetic soap opera arc. Hard-ass, calculating survivor Shae is now Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. Wtf.

I REALLY disliked Loras falling into bed with the random guy last season...but I kind of liked the "gaydar" element in Loras and the Red Viper giving each other the eye.

pure love. Not paid by money or diamonds. She truly loves him. According to your post you cannot accept that a person with dwarfism can be loved by a beautiful woman.

That's not pure love, it's pure idiocy. Tyrion is married and if they are ever seen together, Shae would be killed. Just because you are in love doesn't mean you have to be completely suicidal, totally dumb and act against your own interests.

First post!

Reek has too many fingers.

There's a close up of his hands during the shaving scene.

He definitely has every finger on his right hand (continuity error- Ramsay cut off the pinkie last season).

Seems to have all on his left hand too.

So what then, she totally luvs him enough to risk her life over and over again against all sense or reason....but all of a sudden she's going to testify against him to save her life? Alrighty then.

The treatment of Shae as a character and the her relationship with Tyrion is so ridiculous. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Tyrion doesn't in fact kill her. If that happens, I will be immensely pissed.

Also, I'm starting to think they should've killed off Stannis in Blackwater, regardless of what his role will ultimately be in the books.
His arc on the show just isn't working, at all.
It feels completely disconnected from the rest (probably even more so than Dany's storyline) and it's painfully obvious they don't really wanna make any effort to make that set of characters interesting.
With little screentime she has, Shireen manages to be more intriguing and interesting than the rest of Dragonstone.

The amount of time wasted on inconsequential scenes (Brienne/Cersei) is especially annoying when you know they could spend that time on nuancing the main characters.

So what then, she totally luvs him enough to risk her life over and over again against all sense or reason....but all of a sudden she's going to testify against him to save her life? Alrighty then.

I didn't see her testify as of yet.

That's not pure love, it's pure idiocy. Tyrion is married and if they are ever seen together, Shae would be killed. Just because you are in love doesn't mean you have to be completely suicidal, totally dumb and act against your own interests.

Not like it would be the first time that the lover of a king or other important person goes to risks.

Yeah, but the holy grail of hookerdom is to get a lifetime paycheck, servants, and a house in paradise...and she doesn't even have to have sex with him any more! Not sure what more nailing Tywin would get her. Bookshae would have been "sweet...cya sucka" if she got this offer.

Not sure where the show is going with Myranda, hope she doesn't replace Ramsay's Bastard's Boys. I wonder if she'll be used to replace Jeyne Poole.

No signs of Reach/Dorne animosities. The Loras/Oberyn visual exchange was odd.

Shae :bang:

Melisandre's convo with Shireen seemed a bit awkward, but maybe that's what the show was shooting for.

Archived