Nitpick With Impunity S04 E02 Version

I watched the Shae/Tyrion scene again, it was the crying part that killed it. The rest of it could have worked, but she's not a good crier, they should have had her stand by the window and hide her face in the curtains or something.

Eh, there's precedent. It would be essentially what Vince Gilligan pulled with Walter White, and everyone was all over that shizz. Didn't Walter White force Skyler to have sex with him at some point?

Quite frankly, TV Shae is a much nicer and more likeable person than Skyler White was....which is more of the problem, they made Shae so nice, so in love, so protective of Sansa, that Tyrion killing her will be MUCH WORSE than it was in the book.

Have they ever mentioned kinslaying? I know there was all kinds of outrage with Jaime killing the fictional cousin in S2. Maybe kinslaying's not part of the show-verse? Wait.. what about with the Karstark, can't remember.

When Robb executed Rickard Karstark, I believe he did say "Kill me and be cursed, you are no king of mine". However it was never really expanded onto what it meant. Much like the Guest Right thing. Its never actually said how big a deal it actually is in Westeros to be a Kinslayer or to kill someone under the protection of Guest Right

Ugh me too.

Why use it at the end of an episode in which a Lannister dies? It makes no sense.

In general, I find the score to be less and less inspired with each passing season. They have like 5 themes they rehash and remix over and over again.

Sigur Ros' rendition of Rains of Castamere is probably my favourite, actually. It's so haunting that it turns the Lannister's "victory song" on its head; a song that's been used to reinforce the victories of their house, instead now lamenting on the beginning of their fall from grace.

As for the themes, that's what a theme is - a recurring melody that signifies a certain character, location and/or moment. Ramin Djawadi does an amazing job bending the familiar themes each season to keep them fresh and relate to them to current events. We've also heard a few new musical pieces, including Oberyn and the Thenn's theme - both brilliantly crafted.

If Loras and Oberyn have a thing I'm going to lose my shit.

ITA!!! That one look between Oberyn and Loras was a thing of beauty but I suspect that is as good as D&D can do with any situation involving a man and Loras. Note to D&D: Do NOT look at Loras and Oberyn and think Willas and Oberyn, do NOT, just walk away.

Anyone else notice that the kid playing Tommen this year, was the same kid that played Martin Lannister in last years season?

just thought I'd throw that out there ;)

I didn't notice until it was mentioned by someone, but I remember liking the look of the actor who played Martin last year, so even though it's a touch ridiculous, especially in the age of binge-watching, I'm not that bothered by it. That's me being selfish though

I didn't notice until it was mentioned by someone, but I remember liking the look of the actor who played Martin last year, so even though it's a touch ridiculous, especially in the age of binge-watching, I'm not that bothered by it. That's me being selfish though

Is it really the same kid? I spent all morning thinking to myself: Hey, that kid looks just like one of the Lannister kids that Karstark murdered, LOL I couldn't remember the name, but yeah.......I think Tommen looked just like the blond one. Is that for reals?

Is it really the same kid? I spent all morning thinking to myself: Hey, that kid looks just like one of the Lannister kids that Karstark murdered, LOL I couldn't remember the name, but yeah.......I think Tommen looked just like the blond one. Is that for reals?

Yes indeed. Here's the actor's page on the game of thrones wiki: http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Dean-Charles_Chapman

I do think that the show could greatly benefit from following the example Martin set with Feast and Dance, and the episodes should be split up by region/interconnecting storylines.

The Dreadfort and Dragonstone stuff just didn't flow with the King's Landing stuff. It was literally like watching 2 different shows.

The wedding was so colorful and some Dany sprinkled in would have fit much better with the aesthetic and the flow of the episode.

I feel like the show should be trying as hard as they can to keep the Dreadfort, The Wall, and Bran storylines together, and the King's Landing, Hound & Arya, and Daenerys storylines together, with Stannis sprinkled throughout when the theme syncs up.

We've got 2 competing tones/color aesthetics going on in the show right now and it feels awkward when they're mixed up. Obviously you couldn't stick slavishly to this formula, but I think it could help the flow better.

My issue is how Sansa didn't know beforehand she was supposed to escape. The little agency she had was removed from her and it turned her into an object. It seems that subtlety of Sansa's character goes beyond them.

Yeah, really. What was with Dontos and the Terminator/Reese impersonation: If you want to live, come with me? The two Sansa and Dontos scenes actually look as if the original intent, perhaps, was for the two of them to have a plan in place, almost. It seems as if something is missing from the necklace scenes to the Terminator 'if you want to live, come with me' scene. I almost wonder if D&D kept changing their minds with how to handle the Sansa and Dontos situation.

I do think that the show could greatly benefit from following the example Martin set with Feast and Dance, and the episodes should be split up by region/interconnecting storylines.

The Dreadfort and Dragonstone stuff just didn't flow with the King's Landing stuff. It was literally like watching 2 different shows.

The wedding was so colorful and some Dany sprinkled in would have fit much better with the aesthetic and the flow of the episode.

I feel like the show should be trying as hard as they can to keep the Dreadfort, The Wall, and Bran storylines together, and the King's Landing and Daenerys storylines together, with Stannis sprinkled throughout when the theme syncs up.

We've got 2 competing tones/color aesthetics going on in the show right now and it feels awkward when they're mixed up. Obviously you couldn't stick slavishly to this formula, but I think it could help the flow better.

I also felt this episode was jarring in terms of the direction and tone. None of the story lines related to each other. I liked Bran's scene but it seemed random with everything else going on.

First watch the show before you criticize the actors.

Nitpick With Impunity S04 E02 Version

copy and pasted the thread title, I don't see anything about viewing or not viewing, specifically, but I do see NITPICK WITH IMPUNITY, that IS the title of the thread, ya know.

ETA: Well, since my snark is showing, I guess I could admit I'm tired and go lounge around with the hubby. Still, how many times does one have to be reminded that the thread is specifically to pick the nits, huh?

My nitpic really isn't with anything with the production of the show... what had my blood boiling was that freakin smirk on Cersei's face every time Joffery was being a jerk to Tyrion... and while we're at it.. Tywins as well... god I just wanted to reach through my TV set and bitch slap the shit out of them both!

For me, actually, Jaime's run to Joffrey's side was moving, and gave the only pathos to Joffrey's death; because for whatever reasons, Lena Headey's performance was off, as you noted. I saw Jaime's action, and his calling Joffrey's name as he ran, as his reaction to his nephew's plight, to the terrible danger in which his beloved sister's son was in, rather than the concern of a father or Kingsguard. Jaime was, after all, a Lannister, and this boy was not only a Lannister, he was the firstborn of the person Jaime has loved most in all his life.

I side with you on the fact that considering Lena's acting, someone had to mourn for Joff. I just wish it had been Cersei.

Am I the only one who is annoyed that almost every other Loras scene involves him eyeing another man ?

When it comes to Brienne, it's cool and all that she wants to be a knight, but knights also have to social graces when at court.

The Stannis scene was to introduce the Great Other, I always found it weird that people hate Dany but don't hate Stannis (not that I am absolving Dany).

I found the Oberyn and Tywin scene kinda funny because Tywin had a big smile.

I assume Tommen is gonna marry Marge as per the books, quite frankly it would kinda weird having a kid looking Tommen marrying an adult Marge.

One scene that kinda bugged me was in the Sept, when the priest said "thus who tear this union asunder will be cursed" (paraphrased). While the priest was saying this you could clearly see Pycelle and Oberyn in the background.

This. On this show, if you are gay, that is all you are. You might get some sort of arc, but trust and believe the fact that you are gay will beat that arc over its head until we forget what it's about and focus on your gayness.

I hope they do something with Loras. He doesn't have the biggest storyline, but he's more than his sexuality. I rolled my eyes so hard at that scene with him flirting with Oberyn my eyes almost got stuck that way. That shit gets annoying after a while, but I have to remind myself it is HBO.

Wow yeah this advance certain storylines is backfiring like mad.

Joffrey dying was every bit as fucking funny as I thought it would be.

Why the fuck swap out Roose setting a messenger raven to Ramsay for Roose playing "Behind Enemy Lines!"

How in the name of holy fuck did Locke get away with hacking Jaimies hand off... Tywin just let that go huh? No consequences at all...

Come to it why the fuck did he cut off his hand, Vargo did it to try and break the deal. Locke did it why?...

Where they going with the North is beyond me, but hey it can't be worse than the Fuck You that was a Dance with Dragons.

LoL Oooh Dragon Shadow over King's Landing most be about Dany... Yeah because she is on her way... Or you know Fakegon... Or Varys murdering people because of Fakegon... Or as other people said the history of Targayens made a giant building in King's Landing as Kennels for their Dragons... Or Bloodraven a Targayen bastard is talking to Bran...

How long before Oberyn gets his fucking face smash in, because that will be as funny as Joffrey. Idiot Martells family of stooges who can't take a crap without giving themselves papercuts with the bog paper.

My nitpic really isn't with anything with the production of the show... what had my blood boiling was that freakin smirk on Cersei's face every time Joffery was being a jerk to Tyrion... and while we're at it.. Tywins as well... god I just wanted to reach through my TV set and bitch slap the shit out of them both!

Oh but I LOVED tywin's reaction to joff choking! He just stood there, with that priceless expression on his face.. the one where it's kind of a smirk, but you don't really know what he's thinking. The man scares me through my tv!

Sorry to double post :blushing:

Oh but I LOVED tywin's reaction to joff choking! He just stood there, with that priceless expression on his face.. the one where it's kind of a smirk, but you don't really know what he's thinking. The man scares me through my tv!

Sorry to double post :blushing:

Tywinn went over to shield Tommen from Joffrey. Check when Cersei shoves aside Margaery Tywinn starts to move. When they have the shot with Tyrion first in the background Tywinn covering Tommen face.

* Brienne's scene with Cersei was cringe-worthy. The writers simply don't know subtlety at all. Characters need to say their feelings to complete strangers disregarding characterization. Cersei confronting Brienne was just bizarre. I've given up on them thinking the audience can notice something without being over-exposed. I was waiting for Sansa to turn to Tyrion when the 'Dwarf!Robb' appeared and said "I'm sad." Speaking of Sansa, by the way, what's the deal with Brienne not interacting with her? That's just stupid. Same with Brienne not interacting with Loras. No, instead they decided on Brienne and Margaery.

* Shae. That's all.

* Jaime is already in King's Landing, and his story is seriously hurt by it.

Archived