Nitpick With Impunity S04 E02 Version

Really not happy with Tyrion-Shae relationship.

Her ultimate betrayal is more shocking because it's unexpected and proves she's just a selfish wh0re after all.

The fact that they're softening the blow by leading the audience into, "ah yes, you can see her point of view, Tyrion pushed her away etc" is poor.

They're maybe trying to heap more audience anger onto Tywin but I really don't like it.

Also, the Boltons are just not scary enough for me. They're meant to be some rotten, dirty, evil b@stards yet they come off quite likeable. i feel more hatred toward Theon for murdering two farm boys.

This episode could have done with a better director, like the X-Files bloke.

I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned Brienne standing 6 feet away from Sansa Stark...the object of her quest and oath to Cat Stark....and not talking to her, or even shooting her a look.

What she has to say to Sansa is probably not best done in front of the entire Lannister clan.

I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned Brienne standing 6 feet away from Sansa Stark...the object of her quest and oath to Cat Stark....and not talking to her, or even shooting her a look.

Yeah. If you'd asked me last summer I would have been raging, but I made peace with the fact they weren't going to do anything about it not to upset and change the plot. It's incredibly silly though.

Yeah. If you'd asked me last summer I would have been raging, but I made peace with the fact they weren't going to do anything about it not to upset and change the plot. It's incredibly silly though.

I made peace with the idea that they would be in KL...but, it wasn't really necessary to actually put Brienne in the same space with Sansa, and repeatedly in the same SHOT, and not have them interact. They could have left out Brienne's pointless speech to the king and queen, then at least they're not throwing it in your face that she's not even looking at Sansa.

Or, they might have had her talk to Sansa in a poignant reminder of how trapped she is, and how trapped she feels and how she trusts no one. That might have been difficult for D&D to pull off, but it couldn't have been more absurd than what they did.

Especially since we know next week she's going to be all back on the I gotta save Sansa track for the rest of the series.

I made peace with the idea that they would be in KL...but, it wasn't really necessary to actually put Brienne in the same space with Sansa, and repeatedly in the same SHOT, and not have them interact. They could have left out Brienne's pointless speech to the king and queen, then at least they're not throwing it in your face that she's not even looking at Sansa.

Or, they might have had her talk to Sansa in a poignant reminder of how trapped she is, and how trapped she feels and how she trusts no one. That might have been difficult for D&D to pull off, but it couldn't have been more absurd than what they did.

Especially since we know next week she's going to be all back on the I gotta save Sansa track for the rest of the series.

Agreed. I would have happily swapped the Margaery/Brienne scene in episode 1 for Brienne/Sansa, which would have been more important knowing what's to come and keep it more book canon, too. In the books Brienne is devastated Cat had died, it really breaks her heart. To have Brienne and Sansa discuss it, or just simply mention it, would have been a far better scene.

(referring to the down-blouse shot of Cersei)

FINALLY someone else noticed.

I noticed. My first reaction was *facepalm*

Upon rewatch though, the image that struck me was that from her PoV she was nursing a helpless infant Joffrey... If that was their intent it really worked - it actually worked better than the rest of Headey's acting at that moment which really didn't sell itself to me.

Ugh me too.

Why use it at the end of an episode in which a Lannister dies? It makes no sense.

In general, I find the score to be less and less inspired with each passing season. They have like 5 themes they rehash and remix over and over again.

Admittedly in the book, there are something like 7 versions of the Rains of Castamere sung at the wedding alone.

The shameless Stannis butchering and the Oberyn-Loras 'interaction'. I find it hard to believe that both were GRRM's ideas. Infidel? Really?! And there's bad, bad blood between the Tyrells (minus Willas ironically) and Oberyn.

I don't even think these count as 'nitpicks'. They are just flat out mistakes. There are things I consider minor mistakes such as the underwhelming atmosphere of the wedding and a couple of other scenes but those are nitpicks.

Admittedly in the book, there are something like 7 versions of the Rains of Castamere sung at the wedding alone.

But you don't to read through the lyrics 7 times do you?

The repetition of the song on the show just lessens its impact, imo.

But you don't to read through the lyrics 7 times do you?

The repetition of the song on the show just lessens its impact, imo.

I actually like it, I feel like they're using it to trace the arc of the Lannister's downfall, where each rendering becomes less boastful and more morose, and thus, ironic.

We won't be seeing him again more than likely. The actor is dying of cancer :(

Certainly, but they should at least have her make eye contact or appear concerned about Sansa's existence whatsoever. The reason she came to KL or even got involved with Jaime in the first place is because Catelyn asked her to fetch her daughters. Granted Catelyn is dead but Brienne's characterization even in the show has been set up such that Sansa would be very important to her.

I had a problem with seeing Melisandre eat. In the books she doesn't eat, her "faith" sustains her. And Davos wasn't eating with them.

Cersei's lack of tears at Joffrey's death. Her reaction was overall underwhelming.

I read the book so I knew what was going to happen to Joffrey. I was looking forward to seeing it. But actually seeing it

was horryfying! Jack's little face all messed up and in agony. Good lord! That is superb acting. I actually felt sorry for him.

iirc, in the books Mel thinks about how she has to remind herself to eat, otherwise people would notice and get suspicious.

It was glaringly apparent that some of the Brienne scenes just didn't flow - I mean, having her as the only person to approach the high table at the wedding? Sure, it allowed for Cersei to suddenly fritter after her, which left her so angry she had to go and kick her dog (Pycelle) etc....

But Brienne's scenes themselves seemed, a bit 'off'. Gwen did a stand up job though.

In the big picture, it just felt like the whole wedding was perhaps 1 episode too early.

I agree, that scene of the lonely, and one and only, Brienne approaching the happy couple was more awkward than Cersei and her 'do you love him?' add on that came out of nowhere. As awful as that line of Cersei's was, along with the delivery of it, I do have to give Brienne credit for the long moment of 'WTF?' silence that followed it.

Archived