No Sucide yet?

TheBadboy

It's a Sansa chapter, and it would not serve the story or the build-up. It's still a story, main character death must have a pay-off, and I see none here.

Why wouldn't it serve the story? There's a multitude of implications her death would have, self-enacted or not. As far as build-up goes, you could argue that Robb's death and Jon's (tentative) death also didn;t serve the "build-up" (whatever that nebulous term even alludes to).

I'm not saying it's likely, but it seems premature to say it can't happen because it doesn't follow narrative convention, especially given that ASoIaF has repeatedly not done that.

I expect Jeyne Westerling to kill herself, to be with her Young Wolf.

:agree: This or Roslin Frey.

I wouldn't be surprised if Roslin kills herself after Edmure is murdered. perhaps even the baby too, although that might be a little too dark, even for GRRM. :crying:

I wouldn't be surprised if Roslin kills herself after Edmure is murdered. perhaps even the baby too, although that might be a little too dark, even for GRRM. :crying:

Good, because that's why I read the series.

Although I like Edmure, so I hope this particular scenario doesn't happen

As far as build-up goes, you could argue that Robb's death and Jon's (tentative) death also didn;t serve the "build-up" (whatever that nebulous term even alludes to).

Robb's death was the culmination of the Stark fall, and was prepared since forever, and he was not a PoV. Jon is not dead. That "nebulous" term alludes to the number of pages and character development devoted to Sansa that had no reason if she just dies.

<snip

Brandon Stark strangled himself.

<snip

That was not suicide. He was hooked up to an apparatus that caused him to strangle the more he struggled to reach a sword he could have used to save his father, who was roasting in armor above a fire. That qualifies more as torture really.

Brandon's suicidal move was shouting for Rhaegar to "come out and die." In a way, given the circumstances, it could be considered suicide by cop. There's no way he was getting out of that alive. But I doubt he even thought that far and suicide requires some conscious thought about ending one's life. Don't think Brandon counts.

Though he is not a POV, I can imagine Stannis killing himself should his role as Ahor Azai fall apart.

As well, Theon Greyjoy is pretty much begging for death now - just a good death worthy of Theon instead of Reek.

Writing a first hand suicide would be really pushing the limits again, but that will give wonderful literary outcomes.
So which PoV if any do you see as committing sucide?

I am with those who say Arys Oakheart already did. He was a knight of the kingsguard but rode into Areo's trap more out of shame, not overconfidence. He may have even been the one to tip off Doran about Arianne's plot, then ensured he would die, all salvage his honour.

Qhorin halfhand asked to be killed. Thats suicide for me.

Of a sort, yes.

Actually I could see the Imp being the one to off himself. Why, there isn't just one reason except if he's ever truly in an escapeless situation awaiting a fairly grisly death he may have a mushroom or two tucked away just to avoid giving people the spectacle of his death.

He had his rock bottom moment already. I think he's done with that.

It's a Sansa chapter, and it would not serve the story or the build-up. It's still a story, main character death must have a pay-off, and I see none here.

It could be if Sansa kills herself with killing LF.

If She hears that Jon is dead, that might be the end of her hope, Dad, Mom, brothers, sisters.. all dead, even her dog died.

A last stand of courage against LF might be the end of her story.

Archived