(SHOW SPOILERS) An Early Look At Episode 4--THAT scene

iheartseverus

So I just checked and the actor who plays Rorge's CV says he's in S4 and the directors are "various" which usually means more than 1 episode but sometimes it's listed that way because they can't be bothered to put in the actual director.

I also checked into the actor who plays Biter and on his Twitter feed, someone asks him if he's in S4 and he responded that he is so that's good to know. The guy has next to zero stuff about GoT on his Twitter feed but one of the only GoT-related things there is from back in the summer where he retweeted a GRRM quote saying that actors on the show who read the books to find out what happens to their character are sometimes shocked when the show has a completely different fate for them. The fact that he took the time to retweet that quote by itself probably means it applies to him I imagine.

Biter = Azor Ahai.

Just based on location where both groups are headed (the Vale) and both groups confirmed to get into a fairly violent confrontation around that time makes me think that Arya/Hound and Brienne/Pod very well might cross paths near the end of the season somehow.

Agreed. Either they will meet (and not recognize each other) or they will just miss each other. Either way, it would make for great TV with frustrated show watchers yelling at their TVs "that's one of the Stark girls, Brienne, get her out of there now!"

Agreed. Either they will meet (and not recognize each other) or they will just miss each other. Either way, it would make for great TV with frustrated show watchers yelling at their TVs "that's one of the Stark girls, Brienne, get her out of there now!"

Should also heighten the frustration of believing that Arya is going to be reunited with Sansa in the Vale before having that dashed.

having the hound and brienne interact could be awesome.

Ugh I want this so badly you have no idea.

However I'm thinking : wouldn't she recognize him if they met ? She probably never saw him but I'd assume he's pretty famous.

I have a feeling it has something to do with Sansa..it was mentioned that Sophie Turner filmed a rape scene this season and with her being so young it may have been an issue.

Where did you hear that? I can't think of anywhere in her story where a scene like that would make sense. Are you sure you didn't misread and the rape scene being referred to is the one from 2x06?

Where did you hear that? I can't think of anywhere in her story where a scene like that would make sense. Are you sure you didn't misread and the rape scene being referred to is the one from 2x06?

http://www.purplerevolver.com/movies/tv-series-and-shows/123776-game-of-thrones-season-4---sophie-turner-brought-her-parents-on-set-to-witness-rape-scene.html

Definitely this season, Marillion tries to rape her in the books but Lothor Brune saves her. In the show, Marillion had his tongue pulled out by Ilyn Payne in Season 1 for singing a song about Cersei killing Robert so I presume it won't be him.

There are a lot of articles about it, not just that one. Google 'Sophie Turner parents' or 'Sophie Turner rape' and you'll see them.

All of those articles are referring to the filming of the season 2 scene (whether they know it or not).

Sansa does in fact get mildly sexually assaulted in the books at this point, too, but the "ballet" stuff is a reference to the crowd trying to gang-rape her. Whether they include the stuff with Not!Marillion, we'll see -- him taking an active part in helping Lysa try to kill her would fulfill the same function, if they didn't want to do it, though per past history the show has no problem depicting attempted or successful assault. Ergh, actually, if they do do that scene, I expect the recent Jaime/Cersei controversy will seriously colour the discussion of it.

Yeah, the Sophie Turner interview referencing her parents visiting the set is for the S2 King's Landing attempted rape. The reason you probably saw it resurface again recently is that she likes to tell that story a lot so it shows up in more than a few of her interviews.

It's her "GRRM asked us to tell him who Jon Snow's mother was before he let us do the show".

Whether or not there is another attempted sexual assault, that isn't what they're referring to. This recent spate of articles are all just people discovering the old interview comment about the season 2 scene and/or misinterpreting it to refer to season 4. The details are all exactly the same as the older story about the season 2 scene, from her parents being there to the talk about "ballet".

Late last year there was a whole spate of articles reporting her adopting Zunni as if it was recent news when that's been public knowledge since about 2011.

Archived