Dany'll Die!

Britisher

I definitely don't think Aegon will kill Dany or that Dany will die because she's too timid to reach Westeros.

I do think she might die as the next big sacrificial lion in the storyline, because she has won every battle. And we know what happens to undefeated heroes in this series: Khal Drogo, Robb Stark. She will be felled, but not on the battle field.

The possibility exists that she has the bloody flux already, after contracting it during her time spent among the sick outside her city, and the end of her last Dance chapter hinted in this direction. So her death could be imminent. But, the other possibility that is equally if not even more likely, is that she has a dozen tasks left to accomplish in Essos, and her whirlwind conquest of Westeros is fated to be the absolute final piece in the endgame puzzle, slated for the final book in the series to accelerate the story into its climax.

I definitely don't think Aegon will kill Dany or that Dany will die because she's too timid to reach Westeros.

I do think she might die as the next big sacrificial lion in the storyline, because she has won every battle. And we know what happens to undefeated heroes in this series: Khal Drogo, Robb Stark. She will be felled, but not on the battle field.

The possibility exists that she has the bloody flux already, after contracting it during her time spent among the sick outside her city, and the end of her last Dance chapter hinted in this direction. So her death could be imminent. But, the other possibility that is equally if not even more likely, is that she has a dozen tasks left to accomplish in Essos, and her whirlwind conquest of Westeros is fated to be the absolute final piece in the endgame puzzle, slated for the final book in the series to accelerate the story into its climax.

Oooh!

I thought it was a miscarriage because the prophecy came true. Nice theory/explanation hahaha!

By 'timid' I mean she seems too timid to go to Westeros, also, not all battles are won on the battlefield - far from it - Robb Stark's dead and he fought to the bitter end. LF has never fought in his life and he's rich with two lordships (the Baelish finger & Harrenhal) and I'm sure his 'empire' will expand soon - with no fighting. You are only right if you are win the war or are on the winner's side quite frankly.

I don't know if Dany can compete with likes of Olenna (Queen of Thorns), Varys - if he turns on her - and LF.

She could more than easily take Westeros - I mean, a real life example is Queen Isabella of England, who came back to England from France with a pitiful army - yet it grew very quickly as people were desperate to take down Edward II (a tyrant) in favour of his son (who Isabella had possession of). Her army soon outnumbered Edward II's and managed to conquer England in a stroke - she controlled England for three years there-after, replacing Edward II's tyranny (this ended with Edward III getting rid of her and her lover', Mortimer, recency - he spared her life and gave her a nice retirement and killed her lover who annexed land on the Welsh marches' and killed some lords who opposed him).

That's why Dany will get back to Westeros and do something there. No idea what, but something.

It's more likely, yes. Especially because I want to see her coming back to Westeros after she "morally" cleaned up SB to match more her ethical standards, just to find out that this place might be differently morally corrupted but still far from what she imagines it to be. ;)

It just seems very un-Martinish to me to set up a "hero" already in the first book with a pretty defined goal and have him/her (although having gone through some major difficulties but overcoming them all) left standing to suceed in his/her initial goal. That's why my gut (even though it might not be the most logical thing) is telling me something is still massively going to "hit" Dany's storyline turning it away from "conquering Westeros on the back of a dragon" it just feels too straightforward (although this is not a word I would have thought to ever use concerning Dany's after the whole Meereen Knot :D ) when looking at where she started

I think for starters that GRRM isn't going to leave us without a ANY heroes alive, and although we know Dany is not considered a hero by many on this forum, we also know she is beloved by many readers and (yes, I'm mentioning it) TV show watchers. No way she doesn't make it at least close to the end.

She's not just a dragon delivery vehicle. GRRM didn't even have dragons or magic in his first conception of the books. But I bet he had Jon and Dany.

She either ends up on the throne or a last-battle martyr in the North. My money is on the latter, with Jon as the king, the only person who can unite a coalition. So yes, she may die, but at the very very end, and for a damn good reason that results in Jon's ascendency.

Pretty much how I feel about this situation.

I don't think slow, timid, or too trusting are words I would use to describe Daenerys. If anything, she's got some serious balls to challenge half a continent to battle being a young girl and knowing nothing of the ways of war. George didn't write half of an entire book (ADWD) about that story arc for nothing -- it will be important, and some of us just need patience -- the plot will get there. I think there's no way Dany won't get to Westeros now. Dragons plant no trees. When she comes out of the desert, I don't think she will stick around this time for Meereen. She already has a home - she doesn't need to settle down and put on floppy ears.

By 'timid' I mean she seems too timid to go to Westeros, also, not all battles are won on the battlefield - far from it - Robb Stark's dead and he fought to the bitter end. LF has never fought in his life and he's rich with two lordships (the Baelish finger & Harrenhal) and I'm sure his 'empire' will expand soon - with no fighting. You are only right if you are win the war or are on the winner's side quite frankly.

I don't know if Dany can compete with likes of Olenna (Queen of Thorns), Varys - if he turns on her - and LF.

She could more than easily take Westeros - I mean, a real life example is Queen Isabella of England, who came back to England from France with a pitiful army - yet it grew very quickly as people were desperate to take down Edward II (a tyrant) in favour of his son (who Isabella had possession of). Her army soon outnumbered Edward II's and managed to conquer England in a stroke - she controlled England for three years there-after, replacing Edward II's tyranny (this ended with Edward III getting rid of her and her lover', Mortimer, recency - he spared her life and gave her a nice retirement and killed her lover who annexed land on the Welsh marches' and killed some lords who opposed him).

Daenerys Targaryen the Stormborn, Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar And the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, Slayer of Lies, The Unburnt, The Mother of Dragons, Daughter of Death, The Bride of Fire, The Queen of Meereen and the Dragon Queen is "too timid"?!?

Daenerys Targaryen the Stormborn, Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar And the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, Slayer of Lies, The Unburnt, The Mother of Dragons, Daughter of Death, The Bride of Fire, The Queen of Meereen and the Dragon Queen is "too timid"?!?

An excess of useless silly titles isn't really strong evidence for a lack of timidity. Seriously if she traveled a mile west for every title she had she would have reached Westeros 5 times by now.

An excess of useless silly titles isn't really strong evidence for a lack of timidity. Seriously if she traveled a mile west for every title she had she would have reached Westeros 5 times by now.

Actually it is. How many timid people do you know who have a bunch of badass titles? We have Sam the Slayer but he actually did something.

There are a lot of things you can call Daenerys but timid isn't one of them.

I think she might die finally giving birth towards the end of it all...

Here's a theory in regards to "mother of dragons" .. I imagine at the end Dany giving birth to triplets, the three heads of the Dragon..

It's a far stretch, but hey you never know....waiting impatiently on last books 😒

Actually it is. How many timid people do you know who have a bunch of badass titles? We have Sam the Slayer but he actually did something.

There are a lot of things you can call Daenerys but timid isn't one of them.

You can call her whatever you want, I don't really think she's timid, there are a litany of negative adjectives that describe her more accurately. But to just throw out her titles hastily and lazily to indicate she's not timid is a poor defense

I think she might die finally giving birth towards the end of it all...

Here's a theory in regards to "mother of dragons" .. I imagine at the end Dany giving birth to triplets, the three heads of the Dragon..

It's a far stretch, but hey you never know....waiting impatiently on last books

Or a Siamese triplet.

You can call her whatever you want, I don't really think she's timid, there are a litany of negative adjectives that describe her more accurately. But to just throw out her titles haphazardly and lazily to indicate she's not timid is a poor and lazy defense.

It's not a "poor and lazy defence" at all. She got those titles for her achievements; they're proof of her non-timidness.

You're just jelly that Stannis doesn't have a string of titles. :smoking:

I dont think it was the bloddy flux. I think it was a miscarriage, she only started to have diarrhea and bleed after she ate the berries and not before.

It's not a "poor and lazy defence" at all. She got those titles for her achievements; they're proof of her non-timidness.

Ad hominem AND straw man all in one post. You're a master of polemics. So because Missandei calls her "queen of the first men, the rhoynar, blah blah blah" basically saying she's queen of a country she's never set foot in and has no power in (which makes her look ridiculous btw) it demonstrates that Daenerys is a go getter? Not buying that friend.

I am pretty sure Stannis could also apply a multitude of titles to himself but he has simply no time for this bullshit, since he's busy to actually, you know, defend the realm.

I am pretty sure Stannis could also apply a multitude of titles to himself but he has simply no time for this bullshit, since he's busy to actually, you know, defend the realm.

Here I'll do it!

Stannis Baratheon...first of his name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, King in the Narrow Sea and King at the wall, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm, breaker of the Iron Fleet, Destroyer of the Wildling horde, and overall bad ass mother fucker

Archived