Dany'll Die!

Britisher

Is it just me? Or does it seem like Daenerys is soon to be killed off...

I mean, she isn't exactly going to suceed from Cersei and I believe she is too slow and timid to reach the Iron Throne (also she's too trusting). Does anyone share this view or have any theories on the future of Dany?

I believe Aegon will kill her at Dragonstone to make is claim irrefutable from Dany or to take her Dragons.

Is it just me? Or does it seem like Daenerys is soon to be killed off...

I mean, she isn't exactly going to suceed from Cersei and I believe she is too slow and timid to reach the Iron Throne (also she's too trusting). Does anyone share this view or have any theories on the future of Dany?

I believe Aegon will kill her at Dragonstone to make is claim irrefutable from Dany or to take her Dragons.

If Dany dies it won't be till the very end of the series. As for Aegon as mentioned above he's part of the slayer of lies trio in HOTU so she'll show he's a fake and might even kill him.

That she'll die? Quite possible. Valar morghulis. That she'll die soon, without making a really significant contribution to the Westerosi plot? Nope. If she dies, it'll be in the last book. And not in the first half of the last book, either, unless the most of Book 6 is heavily Dany-in-Westeros-centric. The Law of Conservation of Detail, really: too much chapters were devoted to her to let her die without making a real impact. And whatever she does in Essos will not constitute a real impact, the entire continent is of secondary importance.

I don't think it's likely but I don't think she contributed nothing or too little to the story that it couldn't happen.

In some way Dany is "the mother" of a lot of plots, she gave birth to the dragons, she turned the whole region upside down, she sort of united some people against the IT and assembled an army (I'm still not sure if she didn't also give birth to a potential Khal that might be still alive).

But as it is with all mothers their "children" might grow up and have their own life, we already have a few potential people around that could be also Targs which might allow them to make a connection with the dragons, we have horns that might tame them. We have other people interested in the whole SB situation that might wanna take advantage of it.

As I said, I don't think it's very likely that really everything is taken away from Dany but for some things there is a big potential that although she might be the mother of it, other people in the end take advantage of it.

I would find it however more likely if some of Dany's "children" (dragons, army, slaves, city) switch the "owner" and she is left with only parts of it, so that there is no reason for her to die and not because she didn't already add a lot to the story, but more due to the lack of interaction with other major players in the game, which would be a pity to me.

My money is on the theory that Daenerys and Jon will become to two major characters in dealing with the threat of the Others/Children - Jon being "Ice" and Dany "Fire", like the name of the series suggests. A song of ICE and FIRE.

So no, she's not dying anytime soon, especially after her spiritual journey through the desert and stuff, and all those prophecies.

I think for starters that GRRM isn't going to leave us without a ANY heroes alive, and although we know Dany is not considered a hero by many on this forum, we also know she is beloved by many readers and (yes, I'm mentioning it) TV show watchers. No way she doesn't make it at least close to the end.

She's not just a dragon delivery vehicle. GRRM didn't even have dragons or magic in his first conception of the books. But I bet he had Jon and Dany.

She either ends up on the throne or a last-battle martyr in the North. My money is on the latter, with Jon as the king, the only person who can unite a coalition. So yes, she may die, but at the very very end, and for a damn good reason that results in Jon's ascendency.

I think for starters that GRRM isn't going to leave us without a ANY heroes alive, and although we know Dany is not considered a hero by many on this forum, we also know she is beloved by many readers and (yes, I'm mentioning it) TV show watchers. No way she doesn't make it at least close to the end.

She's not just a dragon delivery vehicle. GRRM didn't even have dragons or magic in his first conception of the books. But I bet he had Jon and Dany.

She either ends up on the throne or a last-battle martyr in the North. My money is on the latter, with Jon as the king, the only person who can unite a coalition. So yes, she may die, but at the very very end, and for a damn good reason that results in Jon's ascendency.

Yes and saving the 7K from the WW incursion. Will all these haters be ok with her then? When she saves the entire population of Westeros? Probably not, at that point she will be getting shit for killing the poor sweet White Walkers made of Crasters inbred children.

Yes and saving the 7K from the WW incursion. Will all these haters be ok with her then? When she saves the entire population of Westeros? Probably not, at that point she will be getting shit for killing the poor sweet White Walkers made of Crasters inbred children.

It won't just be Dany doing the killing, it'll be Jon, Bran, And the rest of the 7K. I think that Jon(alive) and Dany(posthumously) will receive most of the credit for defeating them. Jon will know of Bran's aid but keeps it to himself.

I don't think it's likely but I don't think she contributed nothing or too little to the story that it couldn't happen.

In some way Dany is "the mother" of a lot of plots, she gave birth to the dragons, she turned the whole region upside down, she sort of united some people against the IT and assembled an army (I'm still not sure if she didn't also give birth to a potential Khal that might be still alive).

For most of that, she wouldn't need a single POV chapter. Whatever calamities (for teh haters) or miracles (for teh fans) she caused in the entire region - the entire region is unimportant. It could be all reduced to, say, Tywin reading in a newspaper "There's apparently a place called Slaver's Bay far, far away, and that name might stop being an accurate description in not very distant future. Or not. More on page 12".

See, to remove any other major POV character from the books, it would take a huge editorial effort, more or less rewriting the rest so it's still a coherent story. Daenerys, as she is now, you can just literally highlight every chapter titled "Dany" and press Delete, the consequences for the overall story will be minor. That's why Dany will get back to Westeros and do something there. No idea what, but something.

Seriously? You're just taking this as a given? Dany has haters for reasons that this board as discussed ad nauseum(arrogance, entitlement, stupidity, poor statecraft, etc..) It's not unreasonable for people to think her arrival in Westeros may be a detriment or that her own actions may result in her untimely demise.

Seriously? You're just taking this as a given? Dany has haters for reasons that this board as discussed ad nauseum(arrogance, entitlement, stupidity, poor statecraft, etc..) It's not unreasonable for people to think her arrival in Westeros may be a detriment or that her own actions may result in her untimely demise.

I dont think its unreasonable, just wrong.

Dany is timid?

Well the Astapori slavers sure thought she was.... but look what happened to them.

A lot pf people underestimate Dany greatly. If (big if) she dies, it won't be until the the of ADOS. She's one of the "main" arcs in the book, and it's pretty doubtful the WW will be killed without the dragons, so I don't see her going anywhere anytime soon. And no way Aegon kills her- dude wants to marry her. They'll either marry or Dany will slay his lies.

Archived