Supernatural 3

The Amethyst Empress

Hehehe, very nice move to tie-in the Men of Letters to the plot ! They've been quite underused lately and they have much potential for good stories !

Someone in the comments of the EW recap of the episode thought the boys might lose the bunker due to Rowena's plans (I really like Rowena which I know isnt a popular opinion) but I think it unlikely. Even for the CW executives it's become much better to have the bunker set rather than redecorate the motel room one every episode. So I'd say the bunker is safe !

• 2 weeks later...

Finally we get back to the core plot. The 'filler' was becoming tiresome. Really good episode that sets things up nicely. It was great to see Bobby again. Hopefully he makes more appearances. I'm also glad the Crowley/Rowena thing is over. Really hoping that Rowena is killed off this season. The character (and that overblown accent) is damn annoying.

I'm also glad the Crowley/Rowena thing is over. Really hoping that Rowena is killed off this season. The character (and that overblown accent) is damn annoying.

The worst thing about her is how unsubtle she is. Everything is telegraphed. It's so obvious what she's doing, that it totally undermines Crowley. He's spent the entire series looking like a total tool, Abaddon would have eaten him alive.

Hehehe, very nice move to tie-in the Men of Letters to the plot ! They've been quite underused lately and they have much potential for good stories !

!

I liked that too :) I'm much more interested in Rowena now that she has something to do with the boys. I love how Crowley eventually in his own way sided with Dean and Sam :) I didn't mind the filler episodes,I actually liked them just fine. I look forward to seeing what will happen next though. And of course...seeing Bobby again is always a treat :)

Poke.

Tricksy tricksy. Sam giving the book to Rowena... sure it's interesting but even he's not that kamikaze, Crowley would easily be a better option. Metatron's deviousness was expected but he's the character I love to hate. Cas is back to full strength which will lead to questions like: why doesn't he just solve all their problems again but at least he's done leeching off other folk. Also didn;t realise Charlie had never met Cas. The Bobby mention and him being around last week made me think: who's doing his job now? Garth stepped in, but he ended up shacking up with a werewolf family. Who picks up the phone and pretends to be from the FBI?

@BlackPebble IIRC the threw out some random throw away line last week like "Frank checked that out last month", just to show that there are other 'hunters" out there.

I thought they had this season mapped out, as to end the series. Wasn't that what they said that 2 years ago? WTF?

I really have not gotten into this season.

@BlackPebble IIRC the threw out some random throw away line last week like "Frank checked that out last month", just to show that there are other 'hunters" out there.

I thought they had this season mapped out, as to end the series. Wasn't that what they said that 2 years ago? WTF?

I really have not gotten into this season.

Sure they're kind of in touch, but you still need a dedicated lore backup guy. Remember Bobby had all those different phones with all sorts of agencies names written on them? We only saw them used a few times, but they're still necessary.

I can't find much about it. I got the impression they were planning to finish this season, then it got renewed and the season lengthened. But all I can find about it is the Show runners were targetting getting to ten at least, and anything more would depend upon fans, ratings and the people who work the show.

Sadly Supernatural has jumped the shark in terms of going round in circles, it's all they know anymore.

Rowena is awful, Metatron is stale, the whole "one brother betrays another to save the brother and ends up causing even more destruction" is stale. This show is stale.

I'll keep watching, because it's not horribad, but it's not been getting any better. This show may soon move to my, "I'll catch the latest season when it shows up on Netflix" line.

I've been a pretty big fan of the series since the pilot, and have watched whenever I could. The first five seasons were on a different level story-telling wise, but I enjoyed the rest enough to justify watching the series. However, I've kind of dropped it this season. The show seems stale, and I really couldn't stand Rowena. Besides the excellent Fan Fiction episode which I did manage to catch, are there any other noteworthy eps this season?

Sometimes I think the writers sit around the writing room thinking of storylines they can do that would get fans to just stop watching so the network will finally pull the plug on this show. I think they worked out the Deanmon plot way too soon. 20+ episodes of watching them try to get the Mark removed is yawn-worthy.

Wow,I came here to say I enjoyed the episode....I see now I'll have to duck to avoid rotten tomatoes...I liked it <ducks> and it didn't bore me at all <ducks again> I especially loved the part when Cas got his wings back and you could see they're all messed up...poor Cas. I was even intrigues by the book of the damned. Looking forward to seeing more of that...<ducks just in case>

There is something intriguing about the book of the damned. It just fell apart for me when Dean was going all emo about how he could feel the book, that it was calling to him, but then didn't notice that it never actually burned. It just made me lose trust in the writers' abilities to tell this story before the story even started.

There is something intriguing about the book of the damned. It just fell apart for me when Dean was going all emo about how he could feel the book, that it was calling to him, but then didn't notice that it never actually burned. It just made me lose trust in the writers' abilities to tell this story before the story even started.

It being locked up in that box maybe shields him from it? :dunno:

That was a pretty good episode. The book of the damned is intriguing and Sam seeking out Rowena's help with it is definitely not going to end well, especially with Collins and Padalecki's comments regarding the finale:

“There’s going to be a moment when everyone breathes a collective and triumphant sigh of relief … followed by a horrific ‘oh s**t’ moment.”

"We are filming the final arc of season 10 right now and it's one of those really intense final arcs, I mean it's probably the most intense I can remember since like season five or something like that"

Regarding season 10: It has been a decent enough season but could have been so much better had they stuck with Carver's original 3 year arc. Since the show has been renewed and the arc stretched to 4 seasons, we are condemned to sit through a whole bunch of filler episodes which breaks up the momentum and, unfortunately, these standalone episodes are nowhere near as good as they used to be.

I'm starting to fear this will be Crowley's last season. :frown5:

Wow,I came here to say I enjoyed the episode....I see now I'll have to duck to avoid rotten tomatoes...I liked it <ducks> and it didn't bore me at all <ducks again> I especially loved the part when Cas got his wings back and you could see they're all messed up...poor Cas. I was even intrigues by the book of the damned. Looking forward to seeing more of that...<ducks just in case>

Thank you ! :bowdown:

I for one, still enjoy the show like I did for season 1 but that's probably cause it still feel somehow new to me... I've binge-watched through all 9 seasons last summer and season 10 is the first one I follow as it comes, so the feeling of noveltly is, in a way, still here for me.

Well, I for one adore both Rowena and Metatron ! I know they receive a lot of negativity from the fans, but they entertain me like hell ! Both are hilarious !

But I'm afraid one of them is gonna kick the bucket this season and my money's on Rowena... I'd hope Metatron will hang around more, he cracks me up everytime he opens his mouth !

That was a great episode... only 3 to go till we "carry on, my wayward son !" =D

Anyway, after the returns of Bobby and Bennie, now I want Kevin back for an episode !

It was a a strange episode. Usually the show at least tries to make me care for the cannon fodder, nothing at all. Rowena seemed like she was an inch away from Jumping Sam's bones. Dean's purgatory trip was nice but I felt the resolution a little contrived, and I always loved Benny as a character, the accent makes me think of Gambit.

Anyway Rowena has been doing better now she's not doing whatever she was doing in Hell, but still kind of annoying, that accent!

Metatron grosses me out, something about the way he looks.

I've said it before, but they really made a mistake killing Abaddon, she was fantastically charismatic and brutal. And with her around to take over Hell they can take Crowley somewhere genuinely interesting, curing him etc. Crowley's behaviour to the boys has neutered him so much I just think of him as a non-entity, no matter how he growls I won't believe he'll do something bad until I see it.

Sure just give the super-dooper angel sword away guys. That makes sense. Although seriously there's no benefit making it triangular, it's allowable with the short stabby blade, not so much with a longer slashy sword. And why has one never popped up before? Are the big bad arch-angels running around with little daggers?

Clapton and Page. :lol: especially when you realise Castiels host is called Jimmy.

Archived