[BOOK SPOILERS] Ser Jorah

What about the Hound?

In the books he was badly wounded at the fight at the Inn and left to die under a tree.

He has been kept around to do something!

He mentioned in the show about the "second sons possibly being a good venture for him"

Perhaps he'll bump into Dany/Barristan and she refuses his service only for him to ask why she has Jorah who betrayed her in her service?

Tyrion can always get a lift to Meereen from the Ironbron if they cut Jorah's betrayal. But if Jorah is still communicating with King's Landing, that makes the betrayal all the so much deeper.

He has no motivation to continue spying on Daenerys. Theres a big difference between a shock revelation for Dany which we are totally aware of and a reveal which feels contrived and makes no sense. What does Jorah possibly get out of continuing to spy on Dany at this point in the story? Hes obviously devoted to her and with her army and dragons she has every chance of taking the throne. Such a reveal would make no sense and be contrived.

He has no motivation to continue spying on Daenerys. Theres a big difference between a shock revelation for Dany which we are totally aware of and a reveal which feels contrived and makes no sense. What does Jorah possibly get out of continuing to spy on Dany at this point in the story? Hes obviously devoted to her and with her army and dragons she has every chance of taking the throne. Such a reveal would make no sense and be contrived.

Yeah probably, but he could be playing both sides to ensure his return to Westeros - but that seems so unlike showJorah. But if Jorah dies this season, big spoilers for the ultimate fate of book Jorah as well. Ahhhhh :-( .

I think it'll happen during Dany's last appearance this season (ep. 9 or 10). Then Tyrion finds him in that brothel midway through season 5.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to have the character disappear for a long time from a TV story-telling perspective, IMO.

They did it to Barristan though

Probably need to do it for Sandor too (if they don't change that too).

It's going to have a bigger impact when Jorah does eventually get banished because he's a great deal more likeable and sympathetic on the show - his love for Danaerys is portrayed in a much less creepy way, too (I suppose, in part, because she's been aged up some.)

So I suspect there'll be a few scenes showing Jorah and Dany interacting, interspersed with scenes in which she grows closer to Daario, and that's when it'll happen. On what pretext, I don't know. Maybe Jorah finally gets round to declaring his love and she sends him away, but I can't see that - I think a lot of people are rooting for Jorah on the quiet and something like that would make Dany look a little ruthless and cruel. I can't see the showrunners rolling with that.

Tyrion and Dany white washing is now par for the course. I tend to separate them in my mind as Peter Dinklage in cosplay and Dany/Emilia. That said their relation to Jorah will change. Dany is going to banish Jorah- the reveal is coming from who knows but for the sake of the show it will be Tyrion escaping and Jorah's banishment within the same 2 episode arc.

Just a guess based on the show vs book timelines.

And in the books Jorah had ceased spying on her at this point- had not been an informer since Qarth but Dany will still be totally pissed- he spied on her even after she felt she could really trust him and he was her best buddy in the Khalasar.

Varys knows a lot of people in the free cities- he was getting reports from them. I am guessing this of course.

What about the Hound?

In the books he was badly wounded at the fight at the Inn and left to die under a tree.

He has been kept around to do something!

He mentioned in the show about the "second sons possibly being a good venture for him"

Perhaps he'll bump into Dany/Barristan and she refuses his service only for him to ask why she has Jorah who betrayed her in her service?

The Hound was Joffrey's dog and I don't remember him going to Small Council meetings. Last season, after Sandor left KL was the first that Joff finds out that Dany has dragons. When Joff asks Tywin about it, it seemed as if the information they had was second hand from sailors. Plot wise, for the Hound to travel to Essos to find the (I can't remember if it was the Golden Co. or the Second Sons) sellsword company, then find his way to Meereen and then be welcomed by Selmy to inform on Jorah is hard to visualize. Especially if Jorah is later to find his way back across Essos, to meet up with Tyrion. Maybe, as the HBO story is an adaptation of the story ASoIaF, the writers take liberty to change character qualities and who does what to appease the viewers expectations and how actors want to be perceived. By doing that they can write anything they want and as unlikely as it may be, Sandor might inform on Jorah.

What if they played up the Barristan-Jorah antagonistic relationship? There is groundwork for it from S3, even though they haven't really touched on it this season.

Or maybe the Daario-Jorah thing. Was Jorah the one to bring up Joff's death? Maybe Daario could ask him how he knew, or something.

I'm convinced it'll happen. It's such beautiful poetic justice that the slaver becomes a slave. And also, Tyrion needs a sidekick!

The reason has to do with casting not the characters. Barristan and Lysa's actors were not starring cast members before their hiatus. Iain Glen is. It's the same reason we still see Theon and Bran in the show.

Aidan Gillen is a starring cast member, and he disappeared for 6 episodes. They can do the same with Iain Glen.

Aidan Gillen is a starring cast member, and he disappeared for 6 episodes. They can do the same with Iain Glen.

If Jorah's banished in ep. 9 or 10 this season, and comes back midway through the next season (like I believe), he'd be gone for 5, 6 eps. too. Lysa and Barristan were gone for well over a season each.

The only thing I can think is that Barry will still be the one to do it, and has simply been withholding this information (not sure how he learned it, given his lack of SC presence, but who knows). I really don't see The Hound showing up, and no one else makes a lot of sense, unless they'd save this for next season (which I think would be a mistake).

I feel like it has to happen, if nothing else, to give Tyrion someone to play off of.

The only thing I can think is that Barry will still be the one to do it, and has simply been withholding this information (not sure how he learned it, given his lack of SC presence, but who knows). I really don't see The Hound showing up, and no one else makes a lot of sense, unless they'd save this for next season (which I think would be a mistake).

I feel like it has to happen, if nothing else, to give Tyrion someone to play off of.

If I'm not mistaken, Barristan was present when Varys tells Ned "those birds have flown", right after Ned tells him to cancel the order to assassinate Dany. If that's the case, then it has to be for this purpose alone.

Yeah, but then who'll fulfill my 'hot older man with stupidly sexy voice' quota? ;)

Seriously though, Jorah's had so little to do lately the whole banishment thing might be good for him, if only so he gets a few scenes with substance in upcoming episodes.

BTW was I the only thought Jorah might end up kissing Dany when she asked to be alone with him.

Obviously that scene is about stressing that Jorah is in Danys confidence and losing her closest advisor would be a big personal and literal blow.

You're not alone, I thought that too.

You're not alone, I thought that too.

I feel like that opportunity was lost in the much-bemoaned season 2, and even season 3 somewhere (like on the ship, where it shoulda happened!). Dany is gonna be kissing Hizzle fo Shizzle and Daario. I guess D&D drew a line at Jorah.

I feel like that opportunity was lost in the much-bemoaned season 2, and even season 3 somewhere (like on the ship, where it shoulda happened!). Dany is gonna be kissing Hizzle fo Shizzle and Daario. I guess D&D drew a line at Jorah.

Yeah it seems to me they don't want Dany's character misinterpreted and keeping her 'reserved' for love only. In fact I doubt she kisses Hizdahr (I had to look up that spelling!) at all since it was a short-lived political marriage at most. If Dany kisses Jorah now, and then starts up her love affair with Dhaario, she'll look 'slutty' to some viewers and they don't want that at all - Dany's one of the 'pure' characters they've been building up thus far. In fact they are downplaying her mistakes a lot. I hesitate to say 'whitewashing' her character, she's always been pretty white but she has gone down the darker path in Meereen and I just don't see them taking her there on the show.

Archived