[BOOK SPOILERS] Ser Jorah

Maybe Dany will think to ask, "Oh BTW Jorah, how the hell do you know what's going on in Westeros?"

Doubt it :/ Stuff like the death of a King and the crowning of a new one are common knowledge. That's also what confuses me by people saying Varys knows whats going on with Dany because Jorah is still informing on her. Varys knows whats going on because the conquering of three major slave cities will be become common and fast spread knowledge. No, Jorah's "betrayal" has to come in another form

It's time for Jorah to go, he hasn't done anything this season. I loved his heartbreak face in Rains of Castamere but he's just been window dressing in season 4. I kind of wish the show would shit or get off the pot with Jorah, why hasn't he kissed her yet? Last night's episode was a great opportunity. I'm okay with them putting it off for a while, but they're not even using him while he's still around. Give us some more "with all my heart," "until my dying breath," "khaleesi" moments or get rid of him!

I get the feeling that they are avoiding Jorah's banishment because they tend to avoid ANYTHING that might make Dany look unsympathetic.

To me this is one of the most ludicrous criticisms of Dany. The man betrayed her and refused to even apologize. She wanted to forgive him but he gave her no choice.

To me this is one of the most ludicrous criticisms of Dany. The man betrayed her and refused to even apologize. She wanted to forgive him but he gave her no choice.

If Jorah actually betrayed her, she wouldn't be alive right now, but would have been poisoned back in Season 1.

It's going to happen people.

Do you guys not remember the Barristan/Joran scene last season where he kind of subtly tries to figure out how much Barristan knows? That was there for a REASON.

totally.

Im almost certain it will happen this season and as someone else mentioned we will likely see him in the brothel midway through season 5

If Jorah actually betrayed her, she wouldn't be alive right now, but would have been poisoned back in Season 1.

It's his spying that led to the assassination attempt. Even after that, he continued to report on her to her enemies. Regardless of how many here try to justify it, it was in fact a betrayal.

It's his spying that led to the assassination attempt. Even after that, he continued to report on her to her enemies. Regardless of how many here try to justify it, it was in fact a betrayal.

At what point in the books does Jorah stop reporting back? Is he doing it all the way up to the point where she finds out?

This would have been the perfect scene, they were alone and he looked DRUNK as fuck.

That might be how he gets figured out, he gets drunk and reveals it? Maybe he gets drunk gambling with Grey Worm and Daario???

Well, with Danaerys currently on a "I am awesome, don't mess with me" power trip, dismissing Jorah is going to be believable for almost any reason. The original reason in the book would still resonate very well. He sold information of her to Robert Baratheon, which led to an assassination attempt. He put her and her unborn child in danger.

All they need is some plausible way for this information to come back to life. Perhaps Missandei finds the original pardon. Perhaps one of the Meereenese aproach and says he or she informs to Varys, and is willing to be a double agent, and proves it by providing missives. These missives make it clear that someone has kept informing on her, but the who could only be Jorah.

Regardless, I'm sure he's bound for banishment.

I tend to agree. I dont think Barriston knows he was spying, but he was more eluding to his slave trading. The way he worded it, almost saying that public opinion of him would force him to the sideline.

The man Knighted at the Battle of Pyke, Jorah Mormont second man through the doors, a well known man like Jorah being caught selling slaves would be not common knowledge but certainly out there. Him spying on the other hand, I dont think that would be something Varys nor Camp Dany would want to be known and it would only be her inner circle who would be privy to his betrayl.

Could news of Dany settling in for the long haul possibly come from the Iron Bank? They would obviously have a vested interest in Slavers Bay. We see Team Dragonstone is due for a meeting some bank executives re:massiveloan and Tywin has been setting up some massive iron bank involvement. Would it be a stretch to say a representative from the bank comes knocking in KL and Tywin tries to delay paying the loan back by saying they are under threat from the Tarygaryen girl with Dragons and the banker informs him that she is setting up shop in Mereen, you have nothing to worry about, you dont need gold give us our money?

Unrelated but I'd still love to know how Jorah's slave-trading was discovered in the first place. Bear Island seems distant enough for a Lord to get away with such things.

I agree it would make no sense for Jorah to still be communicating with Varys.

I found the Tyrion/Jorah interacting in ADWD disappointing. I think Dinklage and Glen will do much better work with the material onscreen.

I think she will banish him towards the end of the series, each story will have a "mind blowing moment" to get intrest next season, and to the veiwers who haven't read the books or read the spoilers, this is be unreal for them, my vote will be ep. 9 or 10.

I think she will banish him towards the end of the series, each story will have a "mind blowing moment" to get intrest next season, and to the veiwers who haven't read the books or read the spoilers, this is be unreal for them, my vote will be ep. 9 or 10.

9 is strictly set at the Wall

Archived