Craster's: The Definition of Filler

Well you could always just deal with it, stop whining about it and move on. It is only a thread after all.............

no, no it isnt. it isnt only a thread, Yojimbo. It never is.

alas, ill have to keep getting notifications on this thread for another 2 days. but at least it's only 2 days. it's a show, people. get over it. it's epic in the grand scheme of things, and while a lot of "extra" occurred that didnt suit the proper entertainment you would deem acceptable, it did move the story forward

A TIP For You: At the top of the screen, you can click on "Stop Following Thread". Then you don't have to suffer for 2 more days.

A TIP For You: At the top of the screen, you can click on "Stop Following Thread". Then you don't have to suffer for 2 more days.

but then i cant whine about it openly.

but then i cant whine about it openly.

Honestly am not having a go, am actually just really curious for your opinion what these forums are meant for? And what did you really expect from a tread called Craster's: The Definition of Filler?

Honestly am not having a go, am actually just really curious for your opinion what these forums are meant for? And what did you really expect from a tread called Craster's: The Definition of Filler?

relax man it's all in good fun. but seriously, youre gona get episodes that require some time to elapse. everything cant be blackwater. this episode sets in motion (ill repeat what i posted earlier) jon reuniting with ghost, and, the reveal of the others and what they do, and their social hierarchy, and of the like. this episode had to happen, to get that inside look, at how The Others operate.

there is purpose here, it isn't filler.

now, Locke joinging the watch and then getting killed in the very. next. episode. THAT, was filler. it served no purpose as he didnt accomplish anything.

but craster's keep needed to happen. if not to reunite Ghost with Jon, but also to get an inside look at the inner working of The Others. without craster's keep, no sacrifice.

relax man it's all in good fun. but seriously, youre gona get episodes that require some time to elapse. everything cant be blackwater. this episode sets in motion (ill repeat what i posted earlier) jon reuniting with ghost, and, the reveal of the others and what they do, and their social hierarchy, and of the like. this episode had to happen, to get that inside look, at how The Others operate.

there is purpose here, it isn't filler.

now, Locke joinging the watch and then getting killed in the very. next. episode. THAT, was filler. it served no purpose as he didnt accomplish anything.

but craster's keep needed to happen. if not to reunite Ghost with Jon, but also to get an inside look at the inner working of The Others. without craster's keep, no sacrifice.

And as I said, am not having a go I was just curious. From what I've oberserved on this forum some people (from all over the camp) can be way too over sensitive with the show and books. But being as you where just having a little harmless troll, who could say they are not guilty of that (I know I couldn't :cheers: ) But being as you brought up some intresting points, let begin to bash each other over the head till one of us is right. :fencing: ;)

Of course I am not expecting a "Black Water" ever episode and any one who would be would only be setting them selfup for disappointment. And yes, Jon reuniting with Ghost was story progession, to learn about there something more to the Others was also story progession (am not going to bring that whole debate up here). But thats it? It took almost 40min for such minior story progress, in a show that is always claimed to be striped for time, hence why they need to cut *minior* characters.

And I disagree that Locke was filler, infact that was huge character/story progression, his story is done. You can't progress a character/story any faster than that. And to me it progressed fine, he had a mission from Ross to go to the wall and find out if Jon has infomation about Bran, over hears Sam and Jon speaking about Bran (hence why he had a idea in the first place Bran was there), finds Bran, try's to take Bran and gets killed. Now the character progression is fine, the method/the way they went about it was horrible and speaks of sloppy writing. (imo ofc) Because look what had to happen in order for Locke to get killed;

• Sam had to spill the beans to Jon that Bran is alive (so Sam is not just full blown caraven in the show, he can't seem to keep his mouth shut aswell, so the show writers had to take away any redeaming features from an already underdelvoped character)
  • Bran had to be captured by the mutineers (pure filler Bran was this entire arc, just a rehash of things we already know from last season aka Bran can wrag into Hodor, they are going north to see the three eyed raven)
  • Jon had to go on out to kill the mutineers, so Locke could come along (I've already covered why his explanation seems silly and pedantic already)
  • Snow got captured by the mutineers (never explained) just to have him meet up again with Jon (shoddy writing)

So 40mins to have a minior character die, a small bit of infomation about the Others and for Jon to meet up again with Ghost, not to mention two main characters had nothing but filler episode? And people wonder why people can think this was a crap episodes/arcs and was poorly written? But it is pure speculation on my part that these two episodes where tripe because I don't see the writer fixing this in the episodes to come. Because after all, it seems to me the writer tryed to "kill to many birds with one stone" in this arc and failed at it.

Locke is dead.

Or is he.

For all we know, he'll be ripping someone a new colon hole as soon as he comes to, as a wight.

We may have to wait a few episodes, and then Voila!

Locke.

Until then, let's all come un-glued!

heh.

Just messing with sasquatch, don't let your fur get ruffled.

Okay, this is embarrasing to ask but... where exactly is this "stop following thread" located?

Archived