(Spoilers for Non-Readers) Stoneheart S4

LHF

Mr. Stonefish has a nice ring to it. The brotherhood found him at the tree...where he was having himself a pee. Lady Stoneheart suffers from a slash to the neck, but Mr. Stonefish was slashed down below and bled out.

This might work. Mr. Stonefish certainly won't like Freys. And instead of hanging, maybe we'll see a bunch of eunuch Freys running around the Riverlands in S5.

I'm starting to think that, if Stoneheart has really been cut from the show, Sansa might replace her, maybe not as a leader of the BWB, but as the person who exacts revenge for the Red Wedding, killing Freys and stuff. I mean, we have seen her "dark side" in episode 8 and there was also the scene where Littlefinger told her "what to do with those who've hurt the ones we loved"

I'm not really liking this and I guess that the BWB won't be in it at all, but if the Lady Stoneheart arc really leads into some kind of big, major event like RW 2.0, then maybe they'll write it so, that Sansa is somehow responsible - and I'm guessing that Brienne and Jaime could get involved as well, just not in the same way it happened in the books with Stoneheart. They both have some kind of connection to Sansa at least.

As I said, I don't like this idea very much and I haven't given up hope on the Stoneheart issue, maybe Fairley lied, we can't know for sure - because the way I see it, when asked about Stoneheart she has two options: avoiding the question altogehter ... or denying that it will happen. Maybe in this particular interview she chose the latter. And her answer was still kinda ambiguous, I feel. She didn't say something like "I won't be returning as Lady Stoneheart. Catelyn will stay dead in the show." - all she said was "The character is dead", which techincally ... Catelyn is or was. It's not a definitive answer anyway.

But yeah, if Stoneheart was indeed cut - then my money's on Sansa as a replacement.

If the moment's done right, it won't matter how long ago the RW was. The material is good enough. If they include her and sprinkle in some of the ASOS epilogue lines and some of the dialogue from the last AFFC Brienne chapter, the moment will work no matter where they place it in s5.

That said, I'll return to my common plea of "don't get your hopes up".

Letting the season after RW be about everything but reactions to RW and using that in s5 is not very good writing.

I just hope no one says anything on Comic Con

Sorry for the dumb question, but when is it going to be?

It's not dumb at all :) I have no idea precisely but I think it's either next week or some time in July anyways

I'm starting to think that, if Stoneheart has really been cut from the show, Sansa might replace her, maybe not as a leader of the BWB, but as the person who exacts revenge for the Red Wedding, killing Freys and stuff. I mean, we have seen her "dark side" in episode 8 and there was also the scene where Littlefinger told her "what to do with those who've hurt the ones we loved"

I'm not really liking this and I guess that the BWB won't be in it at all, but if the Lady Stoneheart arc really leads into some kind of big, major event like RW 2.0, then maybe they'll write it so, that Sansa is somehow responsible - and I'm guessing that Brienne and Jaime could get involved as well, just not in the same way it happened in the books with Stoneheart. They both have some kind of connection to Sansa at least.

As I said, I don't like this idea very much and I haven't given up hope on the Stoneheart issue, maybe Fairley lied, we can't know for sure - because the way I see it, when asked about Stoneheart she has two options: avoiding the question altogehter ... or denying that it will happen. Maybe in this particular interview she chose the latter. And her answer was still kinda ambiguous, I feel. She didn't say something like "I won't be returning as Lady Stoneheart. Catelyn will stay dead in the show." - all she said was "The character is dead", which techincally ... Catelyn is or was. It's not a definitive answer anyway.

But yeah, if Stoneheart was indeed cut - then my money's on Sansa as a replacement.

For me cutting her is almost unforgivable but if they don't actually cut her story and give it to someone like Blackfish (that's sexist) or Sansa (fml please God no) that would just be beyond awful. Why bother do all of this and not just include the character who is a continuation of established character? I'm really hoping she is in because I really don't want to hatewatch the show, but I may have to.

There'll be plenty of other stuff to look forward to if she's cut from the show but I admit having no LSH would make me feel like Angry GoT Fan with his "NO ONE UNDERSTANDS" mantra.

Whole two things for me. Stannis's scenes and Cersei's walk. And none come close to LS, really.

Between sexposition in Dorne, Anne Boleyn's trial reprise and drunk Tyrion my only hope is that the theme is North Remembers next year, otherwise meh.

Well I have my bias but I can't fucking wait for the Bolton-Reek arc next year. Alfie Allen, Iwan Rheon and Michael McElhatton have all proved themselves to be great in their respective parts. The fact that such a kooky twisted story will be on TV next year really makes me happy, no matter what other alterations D and D and B Cogs. will make.

Well I have my bias but I can't fucking wait for the Bolton-Reek arc next year. Alfie Allen, Iwan Rheon and Michael McElhatton have all proved themselves to be great in their respective parts. The fact that such a kooky twisted story will be on TV next year really makes me happy, no matter what other alterations D and D and B Cogs. will make.

I'm including them in my North Remembers wish, along with Manderly, Frey Pies, Stannis uniting the North and LS.

Though it annoys me Theon and Reek have been given plenty of screentime, I'd rather see Roose as I can barely stand Alfie twitching anymore. He is great in the role but they really feature them too much comparing to other characters.

They only featured in three episodes though! And Theon in Winterfell, his confession to the Heart Tree, his weirnet interactions with Bran...it sounds like gold to me.

Though LSH's two scenes in the books are excellent and I want them in the show (even in just a combined or abridged form), I certainly don't value them more than entire storylines that I think are great from back-to-front.

^Agreed : more Theon please !

One thing I am not really looking forward to is Dorne : the Tyene scene for the audition is cringe-worthy, and I'm afraid this might represent well what Dorne will be (ie Sexposition Land)

I blame that on the actress who was auditioning though. If a genuinely charismatic actress was reading those lines opposite Jerome Flynn, it might turn out pretty well. As for sexposition, I don't recall there being any exposition in the scene. I think they've divorced sex and exposition in the show of late, for better or for worse. They'll have each for their own sake but I can't remember a recent example of the two being together.

I blame that on the actress who was auditioning though. If a genuinely charismatic actress was reading those lines opposite Jerome Flynn, it might turn out pretty well. As for sexposition, I don't recall there being any exposition in the scene. I think they've divorced sex and exposition in the show of late, for better or for worse. They'll have each for their own sake but I can't remember a recent example of the two being together.

Yeah not really sure that's a good thing after all. Do we really need Tyene stripping before Bronn (in a probably long scene) for what seems to be a minor arc though ? Idk, the way they handled Oberyn/Ellaria for the 2/3 of last season doesn't give me much hope. I hope I'm wrong, and I'm definitely excited about seeing Doran, but I'd rather be careful regarding my expectations.

According to that casting outline, Doran is going to be the major new player this season. So I assume more of Dorne will be focused on him than on the Sand Snakes. So long as the actress they cast as Tyene is miles better than the girl in that audition, I won't dread the scene. There needs to be some lighter, frothier stuff in the show to alleviate the grimness after all. My main point in responding about the Dorne business though, was to correct the mischaracterisation of the show's "sexposition". Too many people call all of their sex scenes sexposition, but that referred to something that was most common in the first season (a la Viserys and Doreah or the infamous LF brothel scene). GrrM used the technique himself actually when Theon coupled with the Captain's Daughter in ACOK IIRC.

But I guess this is all better suited for another thread. How about that LSH, ladies and gentlemen? (Shouldn't this thread be called Lady Stoneheart S5 by now?)

Mischaracterization? I bet the only reason we are getting so many Dornish characters is the opportunity for sex and naked ladies on screen. Just wait, we'll get Sand Snakes all over Bronn and Jaime teaching them about 'the ways of Dorne'.

Look at all those rumors about Iron Born being featured! Oh, no, wait....

Seriously it's fairly obvious why they are salivating all over Dorne being on TV show.

I'm not saying they don't love including sex scenes, of course they do. I was only saying that sexposition refers to the specific technique of putting eye candy alongside important backstory revelations or confessions from characters. Which they haven't done of late. That was the only mischaracterisation I wrote about, using Miles McNutt's coined phrase incorrectly. Of course they have a hard-on for Dorne, for the same reason that GrrM has one. People like Latin girls. But as I said above, I'm getting SEVERELY off topic.

And on that note, I'll retire to my featherbed which as Ros will tell you, was listed on LF's shipboard inventory.

People are getting quite comfortable with the BwB replacing her actually, but I seriously can't see how that may work..

Well technically it the BwB can kidnap Brienne and force her to go and lure Jaime into a trap, but you remove pretty much all of the emotional investment. And obviously it seems unlikely that that is all Uncat is supposed to do. It would be rather poor writing for the whole undead part of things not to have any impact whatsoever.

Sorry for going Offtopic again: But I actually looking forward to Dorne in S5, despite the fact, that they will use the Dornish for more pointless sexscenes. If they stay true to the characters, it will be awsome still (I liked the portrayals of Oberyn and Elliana very much in the show )

And now back to topic: Call me a hopeless optimist, but I still think they will include LS in S5. Otherwise, they didn't have to show the whole Beric resurrection plot. It isn't necessary for the Mountain, because Gregor is pretty much a zombie, whereas Beric and LS are resurrected human beings (with a lot of emotional damage in LS case, but she can think and talk and act on her own account). And it isn't necessary for Jon, because it would have been enough to just show Melisandre resurrecting him (if that is, what will happen)

If they just need the BWB to capture Brienne, they could have cut out Thoros of Myr and the whole resurrection plot.

Plus they really did mention Cat a lot this season - Brienne and Sansa had both a handful of scenes to remind us of Cats terrible fate.

And I don't think, that season 5 will be too late to introduce the LS plot. As someone pointed out, it would be enough, to just let someone ask about some lost Freys or make some remark about Freys getting killed.

That said, I have to agree with Konradsmith and others: I would be very cross too, if they would cut out LS. Especially, since they can make the time for a Missandei/Grey Worm romance nobody asked for (I like the characters, but I rather see LS killing Freys than Missandei and GW flirting :devil: )

I still think, that the wood of hanging Freys would make too strong a scene in the show to cut out. And I think it would work even better, when the unsullied fans would find out aftermath with Brienne, who is responsible for that - it's not only a shocking moment, but a sad one too.

I'm not really liking this and I guess that the BWB won't be in it at all

BWB is still in the show otherwise why else have Arya update her kill list with Beric and Thoros. If they were never to be mentioned again then updating the kill list with their names would be ridiculous. And BWB with a leader anyone than Lady Stoneheart would be awful why change that in the show.

Archived