(Spoilers for Non-Readers) Stoneheart S4

LHF

"It's the most watched show on HBO." What, so now quality is determined by numbers? If that's the case, then I guess "Dancing with the Stars" and "American Idol" are the highest-quality shows on television! Who knew? Argument ad populum. Just because something is the most popular doesn't mean it's the best. Of course it's popular. That's just a fact. What I'm saying is that the show has serious deficiencies which the power of the source material (despite their pointless mangling of it) overcomes, as well as the superb acting performances, splendid sets, and other visuals.

I have plenty of reasoning, four seasons' worth. They can't write dialogue. When they write their own dialogue, we get rambling tangents like "If I had only loved Jon Snow," Talisa's detailed description of CPR in Volantis, and Tyrion's beetle soliloquy. It's so bad, it's funny.

They can't develop characters. They regularly have characters act in ways which are completely contradictory to their personalities and/or motivations. Instead of treating the characters like real people, and asking themselves what they would actually do, they just jerk them around like puppets on strings.

They mangle storylines so badly as to make them incomprehensible to viewers. Unsullied in my family still aren't sure what happened at Winterfell, i.e. who burned it and why. It's never fully explained on the show. Why?

Yet here you are continuing to watch the show.

Either way, we'll know in the "previously" segment that takes 5 minutes to spoon feed the unsullied everything that's about to happen. If there's no red wedding mentioning than she's probably not in it.

The previously has already been released:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDOH3Qs99Lw

There is no RW mention, but there is mention of Brienne's oath to Catelyn. And I'm with Everett Snow - no one has forgotten the Red Wedding. They want maximum shock value. Granted they spoiled Stannis in the previously, but this is a bigger shock anyway.

People keep saying 'if she is cut means she is not important in the future books'. But why would Martin pull something like this - bring back a dead character if she isn't important? He is not a terrible writer, no matter what is being said about AFFC and ADWD.

The previously has already been released:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDOH3Qs99Lw

There is no RW mention, but there is mention of Brienne's oath to Catelyn. And I'm with Everett Snow - no one has forgotten the Red Wedding. They want maximum shock value. Granted they spoiled Stannis in the previously, but this is a bigger shock anyway.

"I pledged my life to her mother, Catelyn" Thats a pretty good hint. Still hope that LS will claim what is hers this episode!

John Bradley (Sam) in an interview indicated there would be no Coldhands, and we had indication (from Cogman?) there would be no Strong Belwas when Barristan revealed himself as Barristan right away. With LS, who is arguably a more major character than either of those two, we have all kinds of hints, or just a short "no, can't comment" answer (including from Fairley). Of course it's a big twist and they can't say anything about it, but my point is if they were able to keep something like the White Walker scene in "Oathkeeper" a complete shock until that episode aired with 0 buildup, then they most assuredly were able to sneak in the filming of a LS scene.

in a few hours you'll get to see the final episode and I have to wait because I'm Scottish and it won't load online. cry for the non-american viewers! I'm still torn whether or not to look back here to see whether lady stoneheart is in or not. Hopefully she will be!

Just read an interview on WiC.net by Alex Graves that says there is a scene in this episode that D&D have been waiting 10 years to make. LS reveal?

That's what I was thinking as well. There are other contenders, I think (Tyrion/Tywin/Shae, Bloodraven), but I hope to the Old Gods and the New that it's LSH.

Can anyone confirm who says "the dead can't hear us" in the preview (0:19-0:21)?

It's been suggested that it's Thoros in the video comments... I've listened to it like a dozen times and compared it to other clips of Thoros, but I'm just not sure...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvoBl1158Gg

Calling it now it has to be Bloodraven. If it's not, then, I'll be pleasantly surprised. :)

Well then. Another season ends with me yelling at the screen, "wait........it can't be ending now....what about.......where is........no....no....NO!!!"

Turns out Lena Headey has more in common with Cersei than we thought. She's a liar and she's evil!!!! Posting that picture of a heart made of stones. What the hell was THAT all about???

I loved this episode. I really did, but damnit. Are we ever getting Lady Stoneheart????

OH TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH. Haven't seen it yet as I live in Scotland and I'm soooooooooooooooo excited to see it BUT WHERE WAS LADY STONEHEART. SUCH A GOOD OPPORTUNITY GONE!

I must admit that this is the one thing about the episode that really, REALLY pissed me off. This is the second season that they have left us hanging, so to speak. I'm starting to lose my patience here. :bang:

I agree, I don't want to sound entitled or anything, but at least try and clarify some of your decisions, if you can.

Honestly, I'm scratching my head to come up with an alternative for LS, if she's definitely cut : where does it take Brienne and Jaime ?

Prediction here... As we all know, season 5 quickly drys out on really interesting material. And there wont be any huge climactic moments like the red wedding/Ned Stark/Oberyn/etc. So, to compensate, they're pushing LSH to the season 5 finale. That way, there'll be that epic "OMG OMG" for unsullied viewers. It had to be that, why else would they remove one of the most epic scenes. And it really does help season 5 if you think about it...

Archived