(Spoilers for Non-Readers) Stoneheart S4

LHF

Im more concerned on how the absence of all these characters - be they main or minor ones - are sort of allowing or making D&D write the tv show in a different direction than what it really is.

The Brienne / Hound+ Arya encounter made me think: well ok, she's aware of Arya's existance. How's that gonna play in relation to her encounters in the future?

The fact that Tyrion and Jaime didn't have That chat sort of prevents Tyrion from having this whole caracter development...

They also have shown White Walkers, wights in both human form and skeletal form as well as a guy getting chopped in half with a sword and miraculously resurrected moments later. They don't have an issue with doing any of this stuff clearly.

It's obviously about how they want to structure things. They're very secretive about his stuff and even their own directors don't know what they have in store and therefore, have to come up with their own reasons when asked about it (Graves admitted as much in that very interview everyone's quoting).

I'll say again, if LSH was being cut, there would have to be a lot of stories set in different motion that we would already have been privy to.

-they delayed showing Ramsay in S2 when it was far past time for his reveal

-they delayed bringing the Reeds into the story

-they delayed the intro of the Blackfish (and the rest of the Tully's)

-they delayed Jorah's banishment

-they've delayed Loras joining the Kingsguard

-they delayed the Hound being wounded at the Inn and Arya getting on a ship for Braavos immediately afterwards

-they delayed Barriston showing up in Qarth

-they delayed Stannis showing up at the climax of the E9 Castle Black battle

-they delayed Joffrey's wedding into S4 after having every single character talking about it throughout S3

etc. etc. etc.

You'd think after they did this often enough, we'd be able to pick up on the pattern by now.

Narratively, introducing her wouldn't have made sense. There was no buildup and it would literally have been a cliffhanger. Showing her hanging a Frey would have been cheesy, while the Brienne-Hound sequence was better than to rush that around (although of course you can shift scenes around in the season if you want to). I'm still of the opinion that showing her last season after Danys crowdsurfing would've been perfect (and in continuity with the reast of that season), but this one? not so much. So let's see what they've in store for us next season...

Um this years finale began the process of reviving the mountain and turning him into a Frankenstein zombie monster. They do not have a problem with resurrection because they are doing the Robert strong story.

Except that they're doing the Robert Strong a bit differently, making it look a little less like full-blown resurrection.

I'm not saying they're going to cut LS, just that they obviously want to handle it very delicately. Yes there have been white walkers, wights, shadow demons and so on; but a major character returning after having her throat slit really does take things to another level.

Except that they're doing the Robert Strong a bit differently, making it look a little less like full-blown resurrection.

I'm not saying they're going to cut LS, just that they obviously want to handle it very delicately. Yes there have been white walkers, wights, shadow demons and so on; but a major character returning after having her throat slit really does take things to another level.

she will be in next season. Check this video out its from this year an interview with Headey and Fairley its after season 4 has long been filmed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je2Ws5PJ7QM&feature=youtu.be&t=%205m53s

I think one person who really needs to be taken to task for this is Headey. What the hell was she THINKING? So obviously teasing something and getting people excited about something that she had to know was not happening yet

That is NOT cool, at all

Don't be sure she knows everything going on in the show. She was probably as excited to see Lady Stoneheart in the finale as we were.

http://www.vulture.com/2014/06/game-of-thrones-lady-stoneheart-omission.html?mid=imdb

is the moronic D + D aware of the hate they get for not including LS in the season finale. WTF are these morons thinking. Now she has to be in s5. Why else name Brienne's sword Oathkeeper, Why give Brienne an Oath to Cat, What is BWB for, What was Sansa's line saying they threw her body in the river with throat cut for, why have Arya update her kill list with Berics and Thoros name, and so on and so on.

WTF D + D at least now tell us when to expect her??

this is starting to look like trolling the book readers

The shaming of D&D is just painful and pathetic to read. People obviously do not understand how a multi-million dollar tv-show is managed and what kind of say studio / channel executives have. Do you guys really think D&D can get unlimited time and money and special effects just because they want to?

How would you tell the story if you would work under the assumption that you have only 7 seasons = 70 hours of tv time, maybe 8 / 80h, in relatively precisely defined intervals? Which storyarcs would YOU omit / delay / shorten?

If you want to blame anyone, blame the HBO execs that didn't have enough faith and passion and courage for their own mega-hit, game-changing, hype-enducing, pop-culture-phenomenon show. D&D are doing a fantastic job.

Being a fan shouldn't mean you're a rage-filled, reason-abiding fanatic. Well, it literally does, in a way, but it's pathetic nonetheless.

They killed Tywin on Father's Day. The Stoneheart reveal would have to be on Mother's Day, right? I mean how perfect would that be. Stoneheart doesn't add anything to the overall story until her interactions at the end of aFFC. She is cool as hell as a shock factor but delaying it to season five brings maximum impact to the non-readers. Besides I never thought they would do the reveal as they did in the book with a random Frey, there isn't enough screen time for that. They will reveal her through a main characters eyes.

They weren't hinting at her reveal all season, people.

They were referencing Lady Catelyn. Just as Ned Stark has been repeatedly brought up. And Joffrey. And Qhorin. And Jeor Mormont. And Robb.

She was an important character, of course she's going to be brought up.

Wht else would Lysa and Sansa talk about if not the person who links them the best?

Littlefinger loved Catelyn, of course he will bring her up from time to time.

If they had brought up the Brotherhood without Banners and say "Oh, no one's seen Beric Dondarrion lately.", then you could say she was foreshadowed.

^people and things get namedropped for later as well, like Golden Company and Doran Martell and "I have 8 daughters" and the Iron Bank and ....

Here's a 2nd interview with Graves on LS and the finale:

http://www.vulture.com/2014/06/game-of-thrones-season-4-finale-director-alex-graves-stoneheart-wight.html

Yeah, she Instagrammed a picture of a heart made of stones. How did the decision not to include her (yet?) get made?
Well, she was never going to be a part of it. I know it caught on on the internet, and people really started to believe it. I think the bottom line is that there was so much going on, at least from where I stood, that it wasn’t something to get into because, you know, when you get into taking Michelle Fairley, one of the greatest actresses around, and making her a zombie who doesn’t speak and goes around killing people, what’s the best way to integrate that into the show? I don’t think there was room for it this season. I don’t know what they’re going to do about it, because it is certainly something people attached to. I was attached to it because I established Thoros of Myr and Beric Dondarrion last year in the story to rejuvenate her. I have no idea what they plan to do about that because honestly, it just wasn’t talked about. It wasn’t on the radar.

It never came up?
It didn’t come up in season four. I asked it last year in season three, when I was doing the Beric scenes. They said, “Oh, yeah, you know, that’s a whole thing that we’re just not sure what we’re going to do about.” That was the conversation."

You’ve read the books, right? I haven’t, but according to friends and colleagues who have, Lady Stoneheart does become important later on. Can you see how they might work her in later?
From what I know of the books, it’s like, Okay, what’s she really there for?Because I think she goes around — and it’s vague to me because I haven’t had to direct it, so I haven’t looked at this in detail — but essentially she’s a reaction to the Red Wedding. Part of the reason I think people got so wound up with her coming back, I think, was because of the emotional toll of the Red Wedding, which I totally get. Like, Bring her back and have her kill some people!Joffrey’s death was meant to play to that need a little bit. And also Tywin’s.

oh and he also says

Sometimes for me it’s the difference between knowing what a character is after or not. Especially for the non-book-reader, there are so many characters to invest in the interests of, and then there are those who who might matter down the line but not right now, like Ramsay and Reek.
You’ll know why Ramsay being King of the North is important next year in a very clear way. And I promise it affects more than one of the other characters. That the thing. Something that’s abstract is actually [in the] bigger picture. That’s the fun of it. The whole thing for me is when it’s done and we all go back and watch the download, or however we’re going to get it later on, and we go, “Man, the whole story is told correctly.”

:wideeyed:

to be fair I think he means ramsay becomes lord of winterfell.and he is right he does have alot of impact on the entire north storyline in dance with dragons. I would cut him some slack on that one.

But Ramsay and Reek had a shitload of scenes, so obviously they are important, not sure why he even needs to state the obvious. does he have an off switch?

wow Graves knows nothing. Sorry had to quote Ygritte here lol. Its pretty clear LS will come into play in season 5, Why else have Brienne keep refering to her Oath to Cat and creation of Oathkeeper and BWB along with Beric and Thoros, If she was not a part of the show they could just have created BWB without these 2 characters. So its pretty clear she will show up in season 5.

I really hope those moronic showrunners Benioff and Weiss speak up about this now they really NEED to give us something now. because this is becoming a farce

wow Graves knows nothing. Sorry had to quote Ygritte here lol. Its pretty clear LS will come into play in season 5, Why else have Brienne keep refering to her Oath to Cat and creation of Oathkeeper and BWB along with Beric and Thoros, If she was not a part of the show they could just have created BWB without these 2 characters. So its pretty clear she will show up in season 5.

I really hope those moronic showrunners Benioff and Weiss speak up about this now they really NEED to give us something now. because this is becoming a farce

Seriously next to Graves D&D at least don't sound so dumb but one of them said he doesn't consider 'Tywin a villain' yesterday so I'd say it's all just varying levels of misunderstanding the books among these three

Archived