(Spoilers for Non-Readers) Stoneheart S4

LHF

I don't know if GrrM would be so kind as to give us a RW 2.0 but the BWB seem to have something up their sleeve. It does seem like him to kill someone we love so that we don't gloat too much but really, like Cartman at Casa Bonita, it would be worth it.

I don't know if GrrM would be so kind as to give us a RW 2.0 but the BWB seem to have something up their sleeve. It does seem like him to kill someone we love so that we don't gloat too much but really, like Cartman at Casa Bonita, it would be worth it.

Yeah I can see it, if it ever happens, as being a hollow revenge which in the end doesn't make anyone happy, not unlike LS herself.

And bonus point for the South Park reference :laugh:

Right now, re-reading AFFC and drinking champagne (a decent combination for any willing to try it), I've been thinking about how they could do LSH in s5. I just thought that they could have Brienne meet up with her around episode four-ish and then, after reintroducing the Freys via Jaime interacting with them (and hopefully giving someone a smack) during the Riverrun siege later on the in the season, they could do the ASOS epilogue except with Black Walder or Lame Lothar or whomever playing the AFFC Ryman role during it. It's a bit of mix-and-match scenario, but it might work.

You'd have Jaime meet a real nasty Frey type whom the recap would remind us had either killed Cat or killed Talisa (depending which one they choose to off, since they ought to have one unpleasant brother up North with Roose too). Then you'd have Jaime school them via smacking and saying "that's not how you besiege a castle" and so on. And then Thoros or someone Unsullied would recognise would have infiltrated the fellow's tent, making people wonder what the hell was going on. And then, the fucker gets lured and hanged. We get the "she remembers" dialogue and BAM, canon is restored, albeit in a very different order.

Then some time later in the season Brienne would meet up with Jaime. Whether or not they'd want to include the TWOW material of their LSH meeting is up to them. Still, we ought not despair that she's been cut just yet.

Normally I'd be sure that Jaime dies to save Brienne from LS's wrath BUT there is this whole Valonquar thing and there must be a reason why Martin told us Jaime is younger than Cersei.

RW 2 would be the best scene ever. People getting slaughtered while LS casually and slowly walks around with cold, unmoved expression on her face.

I've often wondered how Walder Frey would return into the stories (if at all). The only real path appears to be for LSH to get her revenge on him, otherwise I don't know where he fits. And it would be a real shame if we don't get some of reckoning for him.

I've often wondered how Walder Frey would return into the stories (if at all). The only real path appears to be for LSH to get her revenge on him, otherwise I don't know where he fits. And it would be a real shame if we don't get some of reckoning for him.

Personally, I think Walder will kick it either in TWOW or ADOS, causing the implosion of his house (it was mentioned in the books that his sons are fighting like vultures for the title of next head of the house and that they are very likely to murder each other once Walder goes). That + LS's revenge should leave the Freys in shambles.

Right now, re-reading AFFC and drinking champagne (a decent combination for any willing to try it), I've been thinking about how they could do LSH in s5. I just thought that they could have Brienne meet up with her around episode four-ish and then, after reintroducing the Freys via Jaime interacting with them (and hopefully giving someone a smack) during the Riverrun siege later on the in the season, they could do the ASOS epilogue except with Black Walder or Lame Lothar or whomever playing the AFFC Ryman role during it. It's a bit of mix-and-match scenario, but it might work.

You'd have Jaime meet a real nasty Frey type whom the recap would remind us had either killed Cat or killed Talisa (depending which one they choose to off, since they ought to have one unpleasant brother up North with Roose too). Then you'd have Jaime school them via smacking and saying "that's not how you besiege a castle" and so on. And then Thoros or someone Unsullied would recognise would have infiltrated the fellow's tent, making people wonder what the hell was going on. And then, the fucker gets lured and hanged. We get the "she remembers" dialogue and BAM, canon is restored, albeit in a very different order.

Then some time later in the season Brienne would meet up with Jaime. Whether or not they'd want to include the TWOW material of their LSH meeting is up to them. Still, we ought not despair that she's been cut just yet.

That would work.

My preferred arc for season 5 is: we get introduced to Lady Stoneheart through Bran to capture his horror at her fate as well as showing him using his powers in a plot-relevant way. The BWB capture Brienne's group and we see that they've been hanging people. Thoros is depressed. Possibly Hot Pie is among the dead. Brienne fetches Jaime and whatever happens, happens. The BWB ambush Walder Frey and his entourage near a heart tree while he's on the road; Walder is probably traveling due Jaime's diplomacy earlier in the season. Everybody dies, including Walder Frey and Lady Stoneheart. Lady Stoneheart reconnects with Bran on her way out, possibly giving him insight into the White Walkers.

I agree that the book seems to be setting up for a Red Wedding 2.0, but it is populated with minor characters; probably better to scale it down in the show and do something that can be wrapped up in one season.

But I'm ok leaving Lady Stoneheart out. Littlefinger and Sansa could crush Walder Frey next season. I think it would be a good idea for the show to bring the destruction of Walder Frey forward to next season because so many of the characters spend the season traveling or self-destructing. Somebody should achieve their goals.

I was just wondering... If Michelle Fairley and Lena Heady are friends as suggested in this video:

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je2Ws5PJ7QM&feature=youtu.be&t=%205m53s)

Wouldn't it be sort of cool if Lena's instagram-photo (My stone heart) was a result of D&D contacting Michelle about doing LSH in season 5? It would be around that same time as other casting related stuff should happen (april or so?). D&D could even have been behind Lena faking the Instagram-photo-story, trying to cover their tracks.

Imagine us getting Bran with a vision of Beric Dondarion resurrecting Cat. We know he is going on a vision-trip next year!

We know young Cercei is in S5, and therefore flashbacks are now open for relevance (either through classic flashbacks or through Bran-visions)

If one also brings up the fact that the BWB needs something to do, Brienne and Pod needs something to do, and Jaime is to have a "jetpack" (he isn't just going to be in Dorne next season).

Also imagine news about hangings, continued mentions of Cat, and a climactic Brienne-moment somewhere in the season!

LSH could also be a mystery that is intertwined through all next season. If it happens at the end, it opens up for LSH' very limited amount of scenes to feature throughout S6. And hopefully by S7 her greater importance in the overall story is revealed in TWOW.

Kind of like showing the WWs marching south at the end of season 2 ... and then pretty much not showing them (the army that is) again for the next 2 full seasons? ;)

You can't compare an army that has a huge impact on many events and a main character coming back to life to disappear again... One of the first scenes of season 3 was Sam running from this army and meeting Mormont and the surviving brothers. This army is the reason why they go back to Craster's, leading to the death of Mormont and so much more (Jon at Craster's, the wildling going to the Wall...). We haven't seen this army again on screen (mainly for CGI budget reason I guess) but off screen, it is present and has a huge impact.

In constrast, Lady Stonheart would have been totally absent between her reveal in season 4 finale and her next appearance one year later (the meeting with Brienne), with no impact in the meantime because her nature is to be a secret... It was a good choice, because it will be better to build up her appearance during 1 entire season when Brienne will hear about a hooded woman hanging people, before the big reveal...

Creating filler for Lady Stoneheart. How does that work?

If you haven't noticed by now, D & D filler has atleast one of the following ( often all 3 )

1. T & A

2. violence

3. terrible and/or illogical dialogues.

Lady Stoneheart can't speak, she won't be showing T & A, and there's only so many times you can hang a frey before it gets boring.

If they want Jamie and Brienne to follow the book story, she'll show up at that point ( and maybe a hanging frey scene in an episode prior to that to introduce her ). On the other hand, I highly suspect she's cut altogether, so Jamie and Brienne will not be following their book storylines any more . They are sending him to Dorne, maybe Brienne will go to Bravos or something.

But a Lady Stoneheart 'storyline' ? Dream on, it ain't happening.

Lady Stoneheart can't speak, she won't be showing T & A

As far as I know, Freys haven't done anything to Catelyn's T&A. Why wouldn't Lady Stoneheart display her feminine wiles on the show? I think it'd be a good move if it means keeping her on screen. Maybe they can repurpose Dany's Qarth fashion sense with one breast out to serve as some kind of Westerosi mourning garb. I'm sure Michelle Fairley would be eager.

As far as I know, Freys haven't done anything to Catelyn's T&A. Why wouldn't Lady Stoneheart display her feminine wiles on the show? I think it'd be a good move if it means keeping her on screen. Maybe they can repurpose Dany's Qarth fashion sense with one breast out to serve as some kind of Westerosi mourning garb. I'm sure Michelle Fairley would be eager.

Oo yeah, zombie boobage. :ack:

Maybe... if they're going for the gross-out factor. Not exactly the preferred T&A response, but I guess anything is possible. :dunno:

LS will be there in season 5, it's Brienne's arc... Haven't you seen the build up aroung oathkeeper, and the speech with Sandor about the Lannisters gold? It screams Lady Stoneheart.

yeah i really have no clue why some here can't see the red lights. You should think they have not read the books :rolleyes:

LS will be there in season 5, it's Brienne's arc... Haven't you seen the build up aroung oathkeeper, and the speech with Sandor about the Lannisters gold? It screams Lady Stoneheart.

On the other hand we had Tysha mentions and yet what happened in finale?

On the other hand we had Tysha mentions and yet what happened in finale?

Tysha was not a main character like Catelyn Stark. Her story was there only to add a background to Tyrion and Tywin. No viewer of the show would have remember this story 2 or 3 years later... Now put a dead Catelyn on the show (even 2 seasons after her death) and people will scream.

Tysha was not a main character like Catelyn Stark. Her story was there only to add a background to Tyrion and Tywin. No viewer of the show would have remember this story 2 or 3 years later... Now put a dead Catelyn on the show (even 2 seasons after her death) and people will scream.

Yes they would. 15 seconds of recap, done and done. No ridiculous changes needed.

Seeing how in their eyes LS 'is a zombie' and combined with their fondness to change whatever they want I'm not optimistic about her being in the show at all.

:lmao: You mean something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcON9ZmGDBc

Lady Stoneheart, season 5, by D & D

Scene opens with a random Frey in a brothel ( insert T & A scene here )

bragging about killing Talisa or whatever ( and just to spite book readers name him something other than Merrett )

Thoros of Myr enters ( insert T & A scene )

He then tells Frey that the Brotherhood has kidnapped his wife and he must go to ransom her with 100 gold.

Cut to Frey in the forest, and horror! His wife is naked ( because T & A ) and hanging from a tree. Then they hang him too.

Stoneheart lifts her hood and omg SURPRISE!

Let's see we got:

Heavy handed exposition/dialogue ( LSH is ruthless and will kill even relatively innocent people )

Violence

T & A

Bingo! Can I has money D & D? I just wrote you a filler scene.

Archived