(Spoilers for Non-Readers) Stoneheart S4

LHF

Maybe it could be Brienne being brought to "someone" by the brotherhood. We see that someone from behind drop their hood, but it's shot in a way where we can't even make out the hair color or the fact that it's a woman. And it cuts quickly to Brienne's stunned, saying "HOW?" To which Thoros replies, "by way of the Lord Of Light......and great sacrifice"

Then they cut to a flashback scene. We see the brotherhood walking along the river, bickering with each other over losing the Stark girl, and how she's most likely dead now because of what "that bastard did" and they point towards the twins which can be seen in the distance, so you know where they are and that this had to be shortly after the RW. They then come upon her, and it plays out the way I said above....

They pull the body out and recognize who it is, but they don't show us yet. Beric then says something under his breath to Thoros who initially looks surprised, then sad, then accepts it, hugs Beric and then Beric kneels over the body begins to breath into it. Beric then drops dead and the brotherhood all lower their heads in sadness. Then.......the body starts to get up. The Brotherhood all fall to a knee, unsheath their swords and hold them straight out in front of them. Pledging them....to who we know see, as the camera rises to her face....is Catelyn Stark. Black screen. Credits roll........holy crap

What about the Quiet Isle? The limping hound? Randall Tarly? I just think it's way to early. What would they do with Breinne all of next season?

If they want to keep Gwendoline Christie in more than just 3 or 4 episodes next year, there is no reason they can't do some of Brienne's Feast material after the Stoneheart encounter, but before she meets up with Jaime.

If (casting/audition spoiler)

Jaime goes to Dorne, which we still don't know for certain, then it makes sense that Brienne may travel south back to KL and say, meet Jaime in the Kingswood as he's coming back north

However it happens, they can use some of Brienne's Feast material if they want to, or just put her in a small number of episodes if they don't.

I don't know how or if they will do this. But I think they should, and I really want to see Lady Stoneheart.

With season 5 next year, the Frey's mysteriously dying will be a plot line. If the writers wants to let us know who it is the BwB, they will show us LS at the end of this season.

However, from a TV show standpoint, it makes more sense to show her at the end of Season 5. That way it will be more mysterious ("who's killing the Frey's??"), and you get Michelle Fairley on contract for consecutive seasons. Instead of introducing Stoneheart at the end of this Season, not showing here at all in Season 5 (maybe a scene or 2), then most likely her making more appearances in Season 6.

On the other hand.... It could also work out better if they put her in the end of this season. We let the show writers fill in the blanks of what the book readers never actually got to see. I would love to see BwB with LS killing Frey's. And they could add a few seasons with LS and Brienne. They would have to kill Peter Pimple at the end of this season, and do the Brienne scene next season.

Agreed. Here's what I would like to see (two scenes in episode 10):

- Brienne and Pod find lots of hanged Freys in the forest, with one of them identifying them as Frey's by their sigils, suddenly they are ambushed by the BwB

- They are taken to LS, where Thoros explains what's going on. We see LS turning around and pulling back her hood - it's Cat. (Cue viewers going: "What? Is that Arya's mom? What? OMG! She's alive? Or maybe not? What's going on? HBO, y u tease us like that?")

Close I think what they'll do is h ave Brienne and Pod come across dead people identify them as Frey and then wonder who is killing Freys ?

Then jump to Thoros watching another Frey being hanged. As he is dragged he screams "You ! It cant Be! I killed You at the Wedding ! I Cut Your Throat !!!!

Turn around and see Cat and maybe Beric.

If they want to keep Gwendoline Christie in more than just 3 or 4 episodes next year, there is no reason they can't do some of Brienne's Feast material after the Stoneheart encounter, but before she meets up with Jaime.

If (casting/audition spoiler)

Jaime goes to Dorne, which we still don't know for certain, then it makes sense that Brienne may travel south back to KL and say, meet Jaime in the Kingswood as he's coming back north

However it happens, they can use some of Brienne's Feast material if they want to, or just put her in a small number of episodes if they don't.

I was wondering for a long time what they're going to do with Brienne next season, but now I've also been thinking that they will do some of her Feast material but change the timeline and have it happen as she leaves LS and the BtB and goes back to Jaime. Obviously, the Cracklaw Point is out since the Bloody Mummers do not exist on the show and there's no need to Brienne to get her first kill since she's been killing people for a long time; Septon Meribald/Elder Brother etc. are a possibility (or one of them); there's no pressing need to have her hear things about Sandor as there are other things for a TV show to hint at where he is and what happened to him, but OTOH it may happen, especially if her "knowing" that he's "dead" will play some role in the plot; but I think they should definitely have her meet Randyll Tarly, at least. It's important as a background to her character and shows the difficulties and prejudices she's had to face, and it would be a great opportunity to introduce Tarly, someone that had only been talked about up to that point, especially since he's going to take a bigger role in the politics in KL. They may even introduce Hyle Hunt, since Brienne will need someone to talk to, and Pod must be a prisoner of LS for the storyline to work; it also gives us more of her background, and he is a fun character with an interesting dynamics with her. (I could even see them playing with him as a possible romantic interest, even though Brienne is in love with Jaime, to keep the viewers guessing.)

^Damn you're giving more hope than I can handle.

All I hope is they'll give Brienne things to do that will further develop her character, and not just have her in two episodes (trial + Jaime fetching) as it's been suggested. I'm not too hopeful on Hyle Hunt (though I'd love to have him make the cut), but I really want the QI, especially since I feel it may play a role later in the series.

I would like to see her introduced hanging a Frey not Brienne. I want to underscore that this horrific creature is getting vengeance for the Red Wedding. Everybody is complaining about the bad guys always winning... I want to see Frey hangings.

Also I think the show is going for maximum shock value. No hints with Nymeria dragging a body out of the water, no scene of BwB resurrecting anybody.

Pretty geeked up for this. That lena Headley SH Instagram is from 6 weeks ago too, FWIW. With the caption of 'my stone heart.'

Lena is such a troll, I love it. This along with the picture floating around of her with he thumbs over Pedro's eyes (which came out in some joint interview months before the episode aired IIRC) is just friggin magnificent.

As for the OP, I would be giddy as a school girl if the last five minutes or so of this season is just the Merrett Frey scene in its entirety. What a cliff hanger. Not sure if D&D are on board for it though, they might think it would leave too many people confused or something.

I kind of expected to be hearing all season (through small council meetings, other dialogue, etc) about how the BWB has been hanging Frey's all over the Riverlands, preparing the audience for the big reveal in 4.10. But everything's been pretty quiet. :(

Still crossing my fingers for her appearance!

The aftermath of the Red wedding has been been very shallow. Blackfish and Edmure have been ignored. The political status quo of the Riverlands a mystery. The northerners have not been around to react to Bolton.

I think they will do it. Book 3 made me really happy in the end knowing that Tywin died and LS was out there killing Freys. I think the show will get more viewers attached knowing one of their favorites is back killing the Freys.

Plus I read that they said Episode 10 is supposed to be really crazy.

I can't wait to see my brother's reaction (he hasn't read the books and stays 100 percent spoiler free).

I was convinced until this morning that the Stoneheart reveal with Brienne would be the end of "The Children."

But I woke up today and it occurred to me that it's a lot less likely now, due to events at the Wall. Not only do we have to have a Mance/Jon scene, possibly introducing the Horn of Winter and Val/Dalla (neither is at all likely IMO, but they're possibilities), but we have to have Stannis' arrival, too, which based on the preview will indeed feature a full battle scene. Those are two scenes I thought for sure would be in last night's ep. The fact that they will have to happen next week has moved me into the camp of people thinking "The Children" is way too overstuffed to have Stoneheart.

It seems to me that introducing her will require at least two Brienne scenes, since we haven't had ear biting yet. And I'm just worried that there's no time for two Brienne scenes.

I seriously hope I'm wrong, though... someone talk me out of my doubt

LSH will be in, Dany chaining her dragons will be out. Dany chaining her dragons is this years version of LSH, where the fans convince themselves based on the flimsy evidence of the episode title that "it definitely happens in episode 10, and then wonder how they can fit all that into 1 episode. They'll fit in one episode because this part won't happen til next season.

LSH will be in, Dany chaining her dragons will be out. Dany chaining her dragons is this years version of LSH, where the fans convince themselves based on the flimsy evidence of the episode title that "it definitely happens in episode 10, and then wonder how they can fit all that into 1 episode. They'll fit in one episode because this part won't happen til next season.

You can actually see that Dany moment in the preview

I was convinced until this morning that the Stoneheart reveal with Brienne would be the end of "The Children."

But I woke up today and it occurred to me that it's a lot less likely now, due to events at the Wall. Not only do we have to have a Mance/Jon scene, possibly introducing the Horn of Winter and Val/Dalla (neither is at all likely IMO, but they're possibilities), but we have to have Stannis' arrival, too, which based on the preview will indeed feature a full battle scene. Those are two scenes I thought for sure would be in last night's ep. The fact that they will have to happen next week has moved me into the camp of people thinking "The Children" is way too overstuffed to have Stoneheart.

It seems to me that introducing her will require at least two Brienne scenes, since we haven't had ear biting yet. And I'm just worried that there's no time for two Brienne scenes.

I seriously hope I'm wrong, though... someone talk me out of my doubt

You're right to have doubts. But I think LS will be there purely for the shock value it will have if nothing else. I think D&D know how big of a bomb that scene will be and they won't cut it out.

Archived