The Possibility of Ser Arthur Dayne Being Jon's Father

Roddy the Ruin

How happy would you be from a scale of 10 to 10?

I would be an 11.

0 as much as the idea of R+L=J has been over done to death, which is probably why many people accept has fact. I still prefer Jon to be a Rheagars or Brandon with Lyanna or Ashara, or even Ned and Ashara for the simple plot twist. Which I don't think Jon being Arthur son will give.

How happy would you be from a scale of 10 to 10?

I would be an 11.

Why would this make you happy? You realize that if this were true, Ned would one of the biggest assholes in the entire ASOIAF universe, behind only perhaps Craster and Tywin in terms of assholic fathering?

Because if Jon is Lyanna + Arthur's, and Ned spent all this time not telling anyone for no good reason (because why would L+A be taboo?), not least of which Jon, who, surely, you must see is a bit traumatized by the fact that he doesn't know who his mother is, he'd be an incredibly insensitive father figure. Not to mention, husband.

Why would this make you happy? You realize that if this were true, Ned would one of the biggest assholes in the entire ASOIAF universe, behind only perhaps Craster and Tywin in terms of assholic fathering?

Because if Jon is Lyanna + Arthur's, and Ned spent all this time not telling anyone for no good reason (because why would L+A be taboo?), not least of which Jon, who, surely, you must see is a bit traumatized by the fact that he doesn't know who his mother is, he'd be an incredibly insensitive father figure. Not to mention, husband.

Not that I'm buying this theory, but Robert may have killed any son born of Lyanna since he would have viewed the child as a result of the rape of his betrothed.

Not that I'm buying this theory, but Robert may have killed any son born of Lyanna since he would have viewed the child as a result of the rape of his betrothed.

I know you don't buy it anyway, but I'd say there's a zero chance of that happening. The only reason Robert supports infanticide is in the case that they're Targs, as having living Targs out there could undermine his rule-- as in, the babies are his political enemies. If Jon is really a Dayne bastard, then there's no danger to Robert. And for all Robert's faults, I have trouble thinking he'd kill Jon simple because he's a product of rape. I'd almost be more inclined to believe he'd spoil the kid out of memory for Lyanna or something.

Don't you mean ArthurXUlyssesOfTheDivide? :wub:

if I did roll that way most def.

Anyway, if they ever put him in the show, then I would only except Liam McIntyre or Todd Lasance to play him.

my head is starting to hurt from all the theories... but it doesn't make any sense to keep it a secret etc. I think we need our next book and we need it NOW GRMM must write faster :)

to protect Arthur's image :)

What if Rhaegar (and Ned), THOUGHT it was Rhaegar's child, but it actually was Arthur's?

Then Jon can get the Iron Throne AND Dawn (Lightbringer).

In all seriousness, though, Jon is Rhaegar's son. Sadly, he is indeed tainted by the inbred dragon blood, even though thankfully only from half his lineage.

But at least he gets to be King in recompense.

Archived