[Book + Show Spoilers] Synopsis, Promo, Recap and Speculation

Why does it have to be Ygritte?

They've built up the Jon/Ygritte relationship so much. Lysa's been in like five episodes - the matter or shock of her death makes no difference. Oberyn, whether he's a badass or not, is only a recurring character who will only appear in 7 episodes compared to the probable 15 episodes that the major character Ygritte will. And let's be honest, could it really be Tywin?

I hope The Mountain at least pulls him down and snaps his neck..(or something like that) Has to be 'up close and personal'

I don't buy that even The Mountain could split him in half via sword all while being literally impaled to the ground on his back.

Wouldn't be much of a surprise either.. I mean, Oberyn could dodge the sword... But there's no escaping Gregor's grip.

Thanks Sati !

The slow-mo could work for Lysa but it'd be cheesy.

It could be Ygritte pierced by arrows but that's done and redone.

Tywin's death doesnt need slow-mo at all.

Same thing for Shae. Whatever way they chose it to be.

Oberyn, it matters of how they choose to portray it.

I hope The Mountain at least pulls him down and snaps his neck..(or something like that) Has to be 'up close and personal'

I don't buy that even The Mountain could split him in half via sword all while being literally impaled to the ground on his back.

Wouldn't be much of a surprise either.. I mean, Oberyn could dodge the sword... But there's no escaping Gregor's grip.

You've convinced me. I honestly just forgot that Gregor was wounded by Oberyn at all (obviously I remember the aftermath and his poisoned wound, but not what actually happened in the fight)

They've built up the Jon/Ygritte relationship so much. Lysa's been in like five episodes - the matter or shock of her death makes no difference. Oberyn, whether he's a badass or not, is only a recurring character who will only appear in 7 episodes compared to the probable 15 episodes that the major character Ygritte will. And let's be honest, could it really be Tywin?

I'm not sure what the number of episodes a person is in has to do with the effective use of slow motion...The only compelling argument for Ygritte is that it's Marshall's ep and he used it on the show before

Thanks Sati !

The slow-mo could work for Lysa but it'd be cheesy.

It could be Ygritte pierced by arrows but that's done and redone.

Tywin's death doesnt need slow-mo at all.

Same thing for Shae. Whatever way they chose it to be.

Oberyn, it matters of how they choose to portray it.

You're welcome! I really have no idea about what it's gonna be anymore ^^

I'm not sure what the number of episodes a person is in has to do with the effective use of slow motion...The only compelling argument for Ygritte is that it's Marshall's ep and he used it on the show before

Well, I'd meant that if they appeared in more episodes, then they're a more important character (not necessarily true in some cases), and they're therefore more deserving of a slo-mo death.

Anyway, I don't want to get into a page after page argument like the Sansa/Littlefinger one, so I'll just wait and see.

What do we think the clue is Brienne finds this ep?

sati , I think it'll be that the Hound has to remove/abandon his helm, and that our dynamic duo of Pod & Brienne find it (italicizes b/c just speculation).

It would follow that the Hound hears of the bounty in his head, and removes his armor. Yes, I know his facial scarring is what gives him away, but plot-wise, if he leaves his helm, then one of the Brave Companions find it, Brienne can Mike Tyson him later, in self-defense (confirmed scene)

Any idea if/when we get the Tommen/Marge wedding. I guess it might just happen off-screen for budgetary purposes Also Loras/Cersei was proposed ages ago so it is time to get a resolution to it. I know that Cersei is currently preoccupied but still would be nice to see that storyline concluded during this season.

I'm thinking the Marge/Tommen wedding will happen in 5x01 to set up the King's Landing events for the season. Kevan will probably show up and want Cersei to go through with the Loras marriage while he takes overs as Regent and she will tell him she's not doing it. Or they may have to push it to episode 2 if they have to do a lot of aftermath from Tywin's death in the opener.

sati , I think it'll be that the Hound has to remove/abandon his helm, and that our dynamic duo of Pod & Brienne find it (italicizes b/c just speculation).

It would follow that the Hound hears of the bounty in his head, and removes his armor. Yes, I know his facial scarring is what gives him away, but plot-wise, if he leaves his helm, then one of the Brave Companions find it, Brienne can Mike Tyson him later, in self-defense (confirmed scene)

I'm kinda confused, does Brienne even know one of the girls is with Hound?

I'm kinda confused, does Brienne even know one of the girls is with Hound?

That could be the "new lead". She may encounter Anguy or Thoros and they could mention the Hound and Arya (obviously not by name) but how they would possibly find out, I've got no idea.

Alternatively, they could visit the inn that Arya and the Hound were at kn episode one, but this might be used for the biting "off a man's ear, and spit it in his face -Gwendoline laugh-"

Imo, the new lead would be meeting with an ex-Brother without Banner telling them that they had Arya once.

Perhaps someone who mentions that Brotherhood has a new leader and that's why he left.... :P

Perhaps someone who mentions that Brotherhood has a new leader and that's why he left.... :P

That'd be good - I'd like that but who would it be? Well, it could only be Anguy, but I can't see him just leaving Thoros alone with the extras. Unless Gendry has made his way back, which is incredibly unlikely.

That'd be good - I'd like that but who would it be? Well, it could only be Anguy, but I can't see him just leaving Thoros alone with the extras. Unless Gendry has made his way back, which is incredibly unlikely.

I think it's Anguy. The actor who played Gendry said, from what I recall, that he is not in this season. Anguy is the only one we know other than Thoros and Beric, and Beric is dead.

But we'll see it any of that happens next ep anyways :)

But it has to be something secretive, right? As they weren't even in the promo. If we saw Anguy in promo we could already shout that the final scene is confirmed.

I think it's Anguy. The actor who played Gendry said, from what I recall, that he is not in this season. Anguy is the only one we know other than Thoros and Beric, and Beric is dead.

But we'll see it any of that happens next ep anyways :)

But it has to be something secretive, right? As they weren't even in the promo. If we saw Anguy in promo we could already shout that the final scene is confirmed.

Although it won't happen, I'd be pretty happy if it was Gendry. That way he could be talking to a "deserter" and say stuff like "I didn't come back to see some crazy woman hang a bunch of Freys!" and Brienne could notice his resemblance to Renly and listen in.

This entire conversation about the BwB is all speculation so I don't know why I'm getting so obsessed by it

About Anguy, met bet is that he's gonna be the one to lead a small rescue of Brienne and Pod whehn they are attacked and injured by Rorge, Biter and other guys in episode 8.

Archived