[Book + Show Spoilers] Synopsis, Promo, Recap and Speculation

Even that, they have gallows and Ser Ilyn Payne and dungeons. I don't think they throw criminals to the friendly neighborhood psycho so he can get his jollies killing them.

True, but some have hypothesized that Cersei is having him do it in view of Tyrion's cell window as means of intimidation.

The Queen Regent probably could order this, and since it would be out of view of the rest of King's Landing, no one finds out about it.

perhaps the same type of excitement a parent has when their child takes up, and excels in the sport that they used to play. Littlefinger's "sport" is the game of thrones,Sansa's growing prowess as a potential player may cause his excitement. He thinks he has a protege....taking out the pedo perv vibe may add some nuance to the tension between the two. In the book Littlefinger the obvious creep seems, well creepy and Sansa picks up on that vibe and readers pick up on her discomfort. I personally am looking for her inevitable escape/betrayal of littlefinger. Showing it this way and building some type of faux parental bond would make Sansa's distaste for LF seem a bit more out of the blue.

Agree. I see Sansa taking Littlefingers advise about keep your enemies guessing to heart and I think soon after she came to terms that Petyr set her up for Joffery's death, she realized he was her enemy. An enemy who cares for her for some odd reason.

I too agree that Littlefinger isn't interested in doinking Sansa and making babies with her. I think he thinks of Sansa as the daughter he may have had with Cat had things gone differently when he was younger and he wishes to treat her like his own. That means pass on all of his cunning to her.

already? i didnt expect any of that to happen till the wedding talks with Hizzy come in to play...

definitely...Tywin sending letter with intention of getting intercepted and causing problems in Dany's camp...loose a battle adviser, exile the already exiled!

it is an interesting deviation from the book...i've been confused/worried about this since the Artsan story line was cut...when Grey Worm sneaked in to Meereen, i gave up on Jorah's exile...but this works in pretty well...Master Manipulator..Big Daddy Tywin :bowdown:

I like the idea that given time, Tywin would have sabotaged Dany and her plans from half way across the world, without even leaving the Red Keep. The man's a legend.

I too agree that Littlefinger isn't interested in doinking Sansa and making babies with her. I think he thinks of Sansa as the daughter he may have had with Cat had things gone differently when he was younger and he wishes to treat her like his own.

That interpretation is rather inconsistent with his behaviour toward her.

So, Tyrion's famous line from the trailer: "If you want justice, you've come to the wrong place."

In this episode? I assumed it was going to happen in his conversation with Oberyn, given the context of the line, but why would Tyrion start weeping? Weeping is something he would more likely do after he's lost the trial by combat.

I like the idea that given time, Tywin would have sabotaged Dany and her plans from half way across the world, without even leaving the Red Keep. The man's a legend.

exactly...the show version would make it seem, had Tywin survived, he could have easily handled Dany from half a world away without even breaking a sweat...

he might actually have been able to do in the books as well if he set his gaze on Dany like in the show...in the books, it seemed more along the lines that he didnt believe or care because she wasnt a real threat...

an unsullied friend of mine is soooooooo impressed with this manipulating skills, specially after the last Jaime/Tywin scene, he started wondering if Tywin actually had some part with LF and Olenna in Joff's poisoning.... :laugh:

So, Tyrion's famous line from the trailer: "If you want justice, you've come to the wrong place."

In this episode? I assumed it was going to happen in his conversation with Oberyn, given the context of the line, but why would Tyrion start weeping? Weeping is something he would more likely do after he's lost the trial by combat.

I thought the same thing, but it might fit if he tries to get Bronn to fight for him, but then Bronn refuses.

It might be that his comment to Jamie "don't count me out yet, brother" (paraphrased) is just before he asks Bronn. Bronn says no, then Oberyn goes to see Tyrion, who by then has lost all hope.

I thought the same thing, but it might fit if he tries to get Bronn to fight for him, but then Bronn refuses.

It might be that his comment to Jamie "don't count me out yet, brother" (paraphrased) is just before he asks Bronn. Bronn says no, then Oberyn goes to see Tyrion, who by then has lost all hope.

I wonder if it's the final realization that his father really is okay with him dying because he allows Cersei to pick The Mountain. That he believed it would be a kingsguard member and that the choice of the Mountain is causing the despair?

Littlefinger thinks of Sansa as a daughter....... right. I know some of you think Sansa's chapters are boring, but did you miss the part where he kissed her on the lips for a long time? That alone, is one of those signs.

If a story involves kissing or fucking, even if it's just being said, there's a good chance the man in question doesn't think of her as a daughter or sister (Jaime Lannister excepted).

GRRM writes age gap stories all the time, he said Dany/Drogo (13/30) was a romance, and just wrote one for Nettles/Damon (16/49). Welcome to the world of Westeros, fantasy, middle ages, author who messed up the ages... they even have dragons!

Also, by every sign I can pick up, Gillen is a method actor. He's talking from Littlefinger's perspective, and Littlefinger is a big fat liar.

I don't think they'll show the kiss... No reason other than they don't want to bother with telling her story.

God only knows with the show, but Dany and Daario will maybe be when she sends him off to negotiate with the Lamb Men, and while he's away, she dreams of his cruel kisses... Maybe on the show, they will bang when he gets back. In the books, they have a fight because she tells him about marrying Hizdahr, and she sends him off again, and then they bang.

I don't think they'll show the kiss... No reason other than they don't want to bother with telling her story.

Um, what? I can understand cynicism about the show as much as the next person, but they're doing the scene in question. What would be the point of omitting the central dramatic moment of that scene?

Assuming "Only Cat" is the final scene, what do you guys want played over the credits?

Me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D9L1BXPAeE#t=01m46s ; I will accept no substitutes.

YES! I love that dramatic song they did last season - it's perfect for an "Only Cat" ending to this episode!

To get back a little on Sansa/LF topic, there's another interview with Aidan Gillen where he says: "What his relationship with Sansa becomes is quite interesting. I don't want to give too much away, but her character and personality is surprising, and that really excites me. Or rather, it excites Littlefinger."

Imho, this "excitement" doesn't really fit that father/daughter relationship he was talking about before.

If something 'excites' Littlefinger it's power / money driven. He's excited by killing for power in a very secretive way. Remember, this is the guy who provided whores to a 'very special client with particular tastes' (Joffrey) so he's excited by some seriously f*d up stuff too - he runs a whore house but doesn't partake in the goods that we ever see. Being 'excited' by Sansa is likely eating up paternal control over her that could lead to more. He wants more but the powerplay excites him most of all.

I too agree that Littlefinger isn't interested in doinking Sansa and making babies with her. I think he thinks of Sansa as the daughter he may have had with Cat had things gone differently when he was younger and he wishes to treat her like his own. That means pass on all of his cunning to her.

I don't think you read the same book as I did then because Littlefinger made it abundantly clear what he was after from Sansa in the book and it wasn't just a 'daughter' though that's what the rest of the world would think.

I did not get this impression from the book at all.

To me it seems like LF is projecting his thwarted romance with Cat onto his relationship with Sansa; he could never have to mother but the daughter will be his... Whether this is a romantic/sexual relationship or just power over her.

Im very hopeful for the kiss. The have been upping LF's creep factor this season, it has to pay off. Especially since he looked so 'normal' next to Lysa last week.

I've been looking forward to this kiss more than just about anything from the books. If D&D take this from me.... :devil: :dunce:

Same :laugh:

If something 'excites' Littlefinger it's power / money driven. He's excited by killing for power in a very secretive way. Remember, this is the guy who provided whores to a 'very special client with particular tastes' (Joffrey) so he's excited by some seriously f*d up stuff too - he runs a whore house but doesn't partake in the goods that we ever see. Being 'excited' by Sansa is likely eating up paternal control over her that could lead to more. He wants more but the powerplay excites him most of all.

I don't think you read the same book as I did then because Littlefinger made it abundantly clear what he was after from Sansa in the book and it wasn't just a 'daughter' though that's what the rest of the world would think.

^Agree with this completely.

All that's needed to move Littlefinger's plot along is for Lysa to get jealous, and we saw how easy that was.

One thing that would have been nice is a hint of what's going on here in the books, if anything:

When Sansa opened her eyes again, she was on her knees. She did not remember falling. It seemed to her that the sky was a lighter shade of grey.

"Especially since he looked so 'normal' next to Lysa last week."

An OTHER would look normal next to Lysa! I mean she is totally batshit both in the books and in the TV series. I think the LF character wants to bang Sansa but gets totally off on making her a total schemer, like she is his daughter of the spirit if not of the flesh. Further I do not think that LF thinking of Sansa as his daughter would stop him from wanting to bed her. He is a sicko in many ways and the intermixing of power and sex totally gets him off.

"Especially since he looked so 'normal' next to Lysa last week."

An OTHER would look normal next to Lysa! I mean she is totally batshit both in the books and in the TV series. I think the LF character wants to bang Sansa but gets totally off on making her a total schemer, like she is his daughter of the spirit if not of the flesh. Further I do not think that LF thinking of Sansa as his daughter would stop him from wanting to bed her. He is a sicko in many ways and the intermixing of power and sex totally gets him off.

:cheers: True. It was kind of nice to see someone surprise LF last week though. Any opportunity for the smug to be wiped off his face.

I cannot wait to see LF get all up in Sansa's personal space again.

Archived