[Book + Show Spoilers] Synopsis, Promo, Recap and Speculation

To get back a little on Sansa/LF topic, there's another interview with Aidan Gillen where he says: "What his relationship with Sansa becomes is quite interesting. I don't want to give too much away, but her character and personality is surprising, and that really excites me. Or rather, it excites Littlefinger."

Imho, this "excitement" doesn't really fit that father/daughter relationship he was talking about before.

Excites me he said.Not arouses.I don't think it doesn't necessarily fit that description.Excitement cause his "daughter" starts to become like him maybe and learns to play the game of thrones?I guess any father would love his child to take after him.Just a guess anyway

To get back a little on Sansa/LF topic, there's another interview with Aidan Gillen where he says: "What his relationship with Sansa becomes is quite interesting. I don't want to give too much away, but her character and personality is surprising, and that really excites me. Or rather, it excites Littlefinger."

Imho, this "excitement" doesn't really fit that father/daughter relationship he was talking about before.

perhaps the same type of excitement a parent has when their child takes up, and excels in the sport that they used to play. Littlefinger's "sport" is the game of thrones,Sansa's growing prowess as a potential player may cause his excitement. He thinks he has a protege....taking out the pedo perv vibe may add some nuance to the tension between the two. In the book Littlefinger the obvious creep seems, well creepy and Sansa picks up on that vibe and readers pick up on her discomfort. I personally am looking for her inevitable escape/betrayal of littlefinger. Showing it this way and building some type of faux parental bond would make Sansa's distaste for LF seem a bit more out of the blue.

I really don't get why anybody is still taking Gillen's interview comments seriously. Littlefinger is acting every bit as creepy toward her this season as he was in all previous seasons.

I agree with that, I just think that they're saying his excitement at whatever event occurs is a "parental pride" type of excitement vs a sexual excitement. But you're right he's been just as skeevy this yr as any other time in the show series.

I really don't get why anybody is still taking Gillen's interview comments seriously. Littlefinger is acting every bit as creepy toward her this season as he was in all previous seasons.

Indeed, and every Unsullied I know receives his creeper vibes from miles away :P

Well he is a psychopath so he probably just enjoys it. in one frame you can see cersi walking towards him so maybe we will get a mountain cersi conversation.

Right... but I think that's a fairly weak reason for D&D to go for. Maybe they were caught stealing to feed their families or something like that?

Right... but I think that's a fairly weak reason for D&D to go for. Maybe they were caught stealing to feed their families or something like that?

He isn't just killing for the sake of it. They probably forgot to get him his horse from the stable or something.

hell might just be because they looked at him funny...as the Hound said, Gregor's killed a man for snoring...

doesn't it look like Arya will be killing more people this ep based on the promo? how many people has she killed till now? 3-4?

When it comes to people like ramsay the mountain and euron they often kill just because they enjoy it. there are some minds that sick. The scene is pretty much there to remind the audience this guy is really sick and you should root for oberyn.

When it comes to people like ramsay the mountain and euron they often kill just because they enjoy it. there are some minds that sick. The scene is pretty much there to remind the audience this guy is really sick and you should root for oberyn.

No doubt there are a lot of sick killers in the world, but outside of war, killing peasants in the city doesn't seem like something you're allowed to do with impunity. Now maybe there aren't 10 gold cloaks willing to arrest him, but I'm not sure how you pretend to have a government if you have someone going around killing people in public without consequence.

doesn't it look like Arya will be killing more people this ep based on the promo? how many people has she killed till now? 3-4?

I think this episode may introduce the "gift of mercy" thingy, hence her finishing off that guy.

And I believe she's killed 4 people so far.

No doubt there are a lot of sick killers in the world, but outside of war, killing peasants in the city doesn't seem like something you're allowed to do with impunity. Now maybe there aren't 10 gold cloaks willing to arrest him, but I'm not sure how you pretend to have a government if you have someone going around killing people in public without consequence.

This

That's why I'm thinking they must have committed some sort of crime, and undoubtedly it will be a dubious one.

This

That's why I'm thinking they must have committed some sort of crime, and undoubtedly it will be a dubious one.

Even that, they have gallows and Ser Ilyn Payne and dungeons. I don't think they throw criminals to the friendly neighborhood psycho so he can get his jollies killing them.

Archived